NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Steel Thread

A bit late to the party I know , but I finally got round to picking this up today.

Have gone through the first couple of levels and I must say that I am really loving it. It took me maybe half an hour to get accustomed to the controls and I certainly don't find them as bad as many reviewers had pointed out.

Considering that the general opinion is that the game picks up immensely after the first couple of levels then hopefully I will get even more enjoyment from this.

I only wish I had picked it up earlier.

Well a friend tried to convert me to red steel today and I still think its average.

I see why ubisoft aimed for the teen audieance like it did - aim for both teen and adult markets. But no game without blood should be called red steel.

I think a much better name for this game would of been katana(sp??) - as it doesn't imply something that it doesn't deliver.

true the red steel title does annoy when theres no blood. here's hoping the sequels title fighting steel (one of the possible titles touted) sees it coming out fighting much better than the 1st one, which I think is above average still but not fantastic, I'm quite 54% into it.

true the red steel title does annoy when theres no blood. here's hoping the sequels title fighting steel (one of the possible titles touted) sees it coming out fighting much better than the 1st one, which I think is above average still but not fantastic, I'm quite 54% into it.

Maybe as well a better lockon in the sequel?

Actually if you had a decent lock on they could possibly turn it into an action game.

just bought this yesterday after trading in the shit monkey ball and i must admit this is a lot of fun.Certainly better than monkey ball.i just love how some of the flaws make the gamemore fun

I remember one time in Red Steel when you were in that

where your stuck in that "game level",just before you go up the ski slope bit

I jumped up on the boxes there but fell through them and couldn't get out :heh:

Haha, yeah, I did that too. Surprised the Beta testers didn't pick up on that. Also, why would anyone use the lock on? It just saps the fun and skill out of the game.

..I played what I didn't realise was the last level this afternoon.. and I'm pretty sure I got the bad ending..

..sympathy appreciated..

God, I am absolutly stuck at the moment.

I'm at the end of the Geisha level, where you have to battle the main Geisha. Damn, she's impossible, I can get a few slashes at her. but then, she tears me to pieces like a f***ing rotweiler.

Help would be greatly appreciated, please.

God, I am absolutly stuck at the moment.

I'm at the end of the Geisha level, where you have to battle the main Geisha. Damn, she's impossible, I can get a few slashes at her. but then, she tears me to pieces like a f***ing rotweiler.

Help would be greatly appreciated, please.

I actually found that one of the easiest fights of the game....Try and get her up against the dumpster.

..I played what I didn't realise was the last level this afternoon.. and I'm pretty sure I got the bad ending..

..sympathy appreciated..

Yeah I'm pretty sure I just did as well- were you not very good at blocking either?! also says I'm only 77% complete....

Overall enjoyed this game..it does pick up later on so anybody who hasn't completed it, go back and do it. I've had it since launch and did labour over it somewhat..but still a good game and whilst there are some awful graphics in places there are also so gorgeous looking levels, and some great set pieces to. definitly worth a look if your not sure rent it.

Overall I'd give it a solid 7/10. I do however think if it wasn't for the wiimote it would only score a 6 as it would be just another shooter.

I actually quite like Red Steel. Can't complain for free can I?

Upon coming back to this, I've decided I can complain about it, gonna trade it in along with a few other games for SSX I think.

Managed to complete this a couple of days back and I did enjoy it a fair bit.

Despite all the reported bugs , the game only glitched a couple of times during my play-through (the bunny level box glitch and another time during a swordfight in one of the geisha houses) , so it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Got the good ending and a completion of 79% , so now going through a 2nd play-through to improve those grades to 100%/105% (??) the game. Getting the times and respect grades easily , but am struggling to reach 'A' grades on accuracy.

That happened to me twice, i mean what a error to miss, it annoyed me because i had to play through that level again as i had to restart the game.