NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Steel Thread

I held off playing this properly for a while. But now i'm storming through Zelda (collected most bugs, and alot of the other stuff...and i believe i only have a few hours left in the main game) and most of my other Wii games, i decided to get into this the other day.

3 hours later and i realised what the time was! It's superb! Graphically it gets better the more you play and all the levels so far are all varied. I think i'm 40% complete. It's pretty lengthy ain't it?

Do you unlock the 'phone' multiplayer game once you completed the game?

There's a nice easter egg in the pachinko game stage.

The sound of the bunnies that are always laughing is the same from the raving rabbids, except it gets screwed in the end.

Do you unlock the 'phone' multiplayer game once you completed the game?

I thought this too when I first started playing the game.

Unfortunately -I think- you can only play it with 4 players which is why you can't normally select it :(

Which sucks because it sounds damn interesting, just not many people have four sets of controllers yet. Hell, I barely use the two I have.

I'm finally getting into this game. I've been on for about 2hrs 30mins and I've just arrived in Tokyo. It's been fun so far but it is a little fustrating to control. It can be slightly annoying at times. I am getting the hang of them but it's certainly not perfect. My best accuracy is only 35% and my worst is 16% (on the first level) so I have improved!!!

Sword fighting isn't too great. I haven't been enjoying that aspect of the game.

I can't do that special swipe your sword down move without the wire smacking my back....really bloody hurt it did.

Perhaps i'm doing it wrong....

i agree Din, the sword fighting isn't that great actually. Which is a real shame....it's kinda just swiping and hoping for the best. The best bit is block with the nunchuck as it feels real.

well I've been abit if and but about this game so far. it's been ok but not great, but now I've completed Zelda and my uni exams are out of the way, this has proved to be my only source of 1 player gaming for now, and I LOVE IT! completed the factory level today, and also just done the financial district level, love how you can pick which to do when and how.

the finance level was really good, loved the music in it, and loved seeing all the offices getting destoryed, moments like this of the game look really good graphically.

Anyone know a good deal where I could pick this up? I think this game deserves to be played. From what I played, I enjoyed, so I want more.

You can have mine if you want, I can't see me ever playing it again (not that I didn't enjoy it, it just doesn't have any replay value).

the finance level was really good, loved the music in it, and loved seeing all the offices getting destoryed, moments like this of the game look really good graphically.

I loved the Matrix Pillars in it, and the way you can "avoid" the very first gunfight in the level. It's the level I use to show the game off, sword fight, a few large gunfights, a good level to "show off" the main aspects of the game.

You can have mine if you want, I can't see me ever playing it again (not that I didn't enjoy it, it just doesn't have any replay value).

yeah I'd agree on that, even though I havn't completed it yet, don't see myself going back to it, it isn't epic and the story isn't great and the lack of different difficulty settings makes replaying seem unlucky.

How many people who own this would recommend this then? Do you think its the best of the 3 Wii FPS? Or is CoD or FC better?

How many people who own this would recommend this then? Do you think its the best of the 3 Wii FPS? Or is CoD or FC better?

it is the best one, this over CoD3, but i still say CoD3 is good.

Not played CoD or FC but I'd definitely recommend this game. I think there's no question about it not deserving the slating it got from reviewers. Yeah it has its flaws and yeah it will no doubt be surpassed in the future but right now, it's a fantastic game that feels pretty fresh.

I can definitely see me going back to this actually, just going through the odd level now and then.

Red Steel...

...is crap

YOU'RE CRAP, DAMMIT.

But seriously any FPS fan, buy Red Steel.

YOU'RE CRAP, DAMMIT.

But seriously any FPS fan, buy Red Steel.

Please Red Steel is just very messy, too many glitches make it near unplayable and the controls are very un-responsive at times.

I spent £40 on something I didn't enjoy at all, that's why it sucks.

Its not unplayable. I have played much more buggy games than this. I mean its not the new goldeneye but its good fun. Having said that I havent played it for like a month now.

Please Red Steel is just very messy, too many glitches make it near unplayable and the controls are very un-responsive at times.

I spent £40 on something I didn't enjoy at all, that's why it sucks.

Just wondering but what glitches are you talking about?

And how long did you spend with the game?

Just wondering but what glitches are you talking about?

And how long did you spend with the game?

Well to be honest there weren't too many but there was this one glitch that really bothered me, but it's only happend twice.

One time when I went to the Dojo level I went in but no one was moving, no blinking or anything, and I could even walk through the character's bodies.

It also happend at Harry's night club place, forutnately I was still able to speak with everyone as normally, but they were like statues.

I wish this glitch would happen on the normal mission levels.

I think I've played about 10 hours of the game but I gave up when I was trying to learn a new sword technique but even though I was doing it all right the game didn't think so, I spent half an hour trying to do this, and then I cried myself to sleep.

I think I've played about 10 hours of the game but I gave up when I was trying to learn a new sword technique but even though I was doing it all right the game didn't think so, I spent half an hour trying to do this, and then I cried myself to sleep.

Thats to sort of thing im concerned about. This sort of thing tends to frustrate me to the point of breaking things, i think i'll give it a miss for an 'inferior' FPS that actually works

Or i could buy Red Steel and ask for the bundled Anger Management Lessons...

I never had a problem with doing the sword fighting moves.

Neither did I, I managed to get some menacical swings every now and then where I got as many as five swings in one swining motion.

My bro had this glitch happen once where he's dissarmed everyone but then this ninja walked up next to him aiming a non-existant gun; it was funny 'cos he kept following my bro and you couldn't kill him :heh:.

He stopped following once you went through the next door though:(

Anyway, the game's pretty good and if the controls are THAT unresponsive McMad you're doing it wrong, in fact, I'm gonna go play it now. I just wish you could improve your stats on a level without having to go through Story Mode (and could skip vids already seen).

I figured out how you do that special down swipe move without whacking your back with the wire.

You simply just go down using your wrist as though you shaking some maracas and don't literally raise your arms and swipe down.

Pleased now, as i get more respect points and can break a enemies weapon.

I'm on a horrible bit now, and i know i'm going to get annoyed with it. Still i'm going to keep at it.

I'm impressed with how, when you go in with all guns blazing the whole room goes to pieces. Things blow-up in later levels, pillars break. Quite impressed.

Far Cry Wii is meant to be pretty poor, but i think COD3 is pretty reasonable to the person who asked earlier. :)

Personally I love the multiplayer. Once I got the hang of the controls (I don't own the game, my friend does), we just play multiplayer on it for 2 hours straight. I do hope Ubisoft decide to add some new maps via Connect 24.