Apple's iPhone

conzer16

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is lovey.....but expensive!

dsc_0236.jpg

My thoughts. I was pondering gettting a new phone but for that price it can stay there. I barely take my iPod out in fear of losing it or having it stolen. A product such as that is asking to be stolen.

That will do nicely! Replace my N91 with an N95 now and then buy an iPhone on launch :bouncy:

Its the mobile ive been waiting for! :grin:

lalw.

the price is too high. no one will pick that up its not worth it, especially when you can get phones with card slots you just slip in a card and hey presto...

Its the PDA features and (hopefully) decent software that will make it a must buy. Nokia make a reasonable job of this sort of phone but the software is currently too unstable and user un-friendly

lalw.

the price is too high. no one will pick that up its not worth it, especially when you can get phones with card slots you just slip in a card and hey presto...

It's actually very good value, consider the cost of my phone and my ipod nano, that was about £500.

It's sexy, but:

10:04am - "We want to reinvent the phone. What's the killer app? The killer app is making calls! It's amazing how hard it is to make calls on most phones.

Because pressing buttons or using speed dial is very hard to do.

iPhone is a quad-band GSM + EDGE phone." No 3G! "We have WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0"

WTF? Is that something to be proud of? Any GOOD phone now supports 5G (WiFi+GPS/Video Calls). Feature-wise, my n73 pretty much owns this phone. Only thing that's missing it are the WiFi functions, basically. At least with 3G I can't browse websites when there are no hot spots around.

"So photos, SMS, and the phone app -- that is part of our phone package for iPhone. Really great call management, scroll through contacts with your finger, all the information at your fingertips. Favorites, last century [shows dialer], calendar, SMS texting, incredible photo app, the ability to take any picture and make it your wallpaper. I think you'll agree... we've reinvented the phone."

Because regular phones can't do that.

10:19am - "I'd like to show you mail, Google maps... I've got my inbox here, this is running live on Yahoo IMAP email. I've got inline photos, rich-text email. Let's look at another one... again, inline photos, rich text. Shopping list, rich text, pretty cool. iPhone parses out phone numbers, they're in blue and I can just call this place."

My phone can do that too. They don't have the first "fully usable" HTML browser, since my phone has one. Even before my phone was made, you can easily download the Opera browser and install it on most phones.

Battery life: "A lot of these phones have low battery life. We've managed to get 5 hours of battery of talk time, video, and browsing. 16 hours of audio playback."

I bet they've put a charge counter like the iPod, so we have to buy a new battery everytime it runs out.

Seriously though, they claim to be pioneers when they obviously haven't done any majors breakthroughs. I've heard there's a 2-megapixel camera on it. Why haven't they shown it to us? It's one of the biggest selling points of the majority of phones today, so why aren't they saying anything about it?

The only phone I can compare it with right now is the n800. The only big difference between it and the 7710 is the tiny webcam that pops up, and the WiFi functions. Oh yeah, it also has Google Talk pre-installed.

It looks amazing. It's Apple's respond to microsoft's Zune, and it's a magnificent one. it's pricey, but so is the PS3. i'de rather have this. the thing is cool and slick. it beaths PDA's in the long run (because it works with a (I guess) stripped down version (the rest is a fact) of MacOs X. That can't be wrong. Looking sleek and if I have the money, i'm buying this beauty.

By The Way, Twilight Link ("So you use your finger to control the touch screen yet "it ignores touches," I don't quite understand that!?"), it ignores touches not made by finger, therefore allowing you to put the device in your pockets without need for protection. It's great!

And wasn't Apple, Inc. A different company? What's that about - sell-out?

^So basically like a mousepad on a laptop, it uses the static from your finger, I guess. Pretty nifty.

Far to expensive, and things like that usually get over complicated... not exactly for me or the mass market, however good it is in it's own rite.

It's sexy, but:

Because pressing buttons or using speed dial is very hard to do.

WTF? Is that something to be proud of? Any GOOD phone now supports 5G (WiFi+GPS/Video Calls). Feature-wise, my n73 pretty much owns this phone. Only thing that's missing it are the WiFi functions, basically. At least with 3G I can't browse websites when there are no hot spots around.

Because regular phones can't do that.

My phone can do that too. They don't have the first "fully usable" HTML browser, since my phone has one. Even before my phone was made, you can easily download the Opera browser and install it on most phones.

I bet they've put a charge counter like the iPod, so we have to buy a new battery everytime it runs out.

Seriously though, they claim to be pioneers when they obviously haven't done any majors breakthroughs. I've heard there's a 2-megapixel camera on it. Why haven't they shown it to us? It's one of the biggest selling points of the majority of phones today, so why aren't they saying anything about it?

The only phone I can compare it with right now is the n800. The only big difference between it and the 7710 is the tiny webcam that pops up, and the WiFi functions. Oh yeah, it also has Google Talk pre-installed.

They weren't pioneers with iPod either. they weren't pioneers in computering (yes, in the beginning) and you can make better computers that run Windows or are affiliated to microsoft in some way. But the difference is, Apple builds highly reliable things. Like Steve Jobs has put it: "Most companies stop were the functions stop, we stop when we have these functions in an easy way". Proof? The in-beatable click wheel of the iPod. The click wheel works and no other designer thought of it. Apple made it easy to work with it (and not a pain in the but, clicking those buttons and hurting your fingers).

MacOs X is innovative. Okay, it features things Microsoft had announced, but at least Apple pulled it off in shorter time and they pulled it off with flair. You can say what you want, but there's no denying that Apple has the best things on the market, and though they may claim to be more than they are (every company does that: it's called avertising), they always have the best and most reliable products. No technology that doesn't work, like bluetooth and windows. It's a bleedin' pain in the bottom. You have to give it to them, they know how to pull things off, but then right.

Proof? The in-beatable click wheel of the iPod. The click wheel works and no other designer thought of it. Apple made it easy to work with it (and not a pain in the but, clicking those buttons and hurting your fingers).

How does clicking buttons hurt your fingers? It's far easier to press buttons than move your finger around a wheel, and if anything, you get friction off of the clickwheel. It's just there to be cool.

How does clicking buttons hurt your fingers? It's far easier to press buttons than move your finger around a wheel, and if anything, you get friction off of the clickwheel. It's just there to be cool.

I'm actually refering to those cheap other MP3-players who have those nasty buttons - they hurt my fingers. I'll edit my post to make that more obvious (EDIT: I bolded the sentence, so people will notice it and I don't have to edit my previous post). But I wasn't saying anything bad about Apple. I have an iBook G4 (12") and I don't have any reason to complain. My brother had laptops of Toshiba and HewlettPackard, but they all have problems (CD drive doesn't always work; doesn't read DVD's anymore; doesn't connect to the wifi; has keys that love your fingers so much, they want to hold on to them and alike), I never had any trouble except the system stopping two times in one and a half year. So Apple makes great things. If on the same processing speed and RAM like my iBook G4, windows would be running, it would probably work sloppy and slow. Hope they sort it out with Vista, wich looks like a stupid copy of Apple's design; The newness of Vista will be gone in a year, Apple's design seem to live on. I still love the coloured iMacs of yore.

Sorry if I sound apple-fan, I worked with Windows for seven years and then switched to mac. It was a true relief. Finally, programs working like they should. Windows never pulled that one off, with shutting Photoshop down everytime again...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!