NEurope
Conor_NE

What are your Wii launch day plans? [New podcast Hot Topic]

hey guys,

Great job last week with the Hot Topic thread, hopefully we can get a similar response this week! We chatted in the new podcast, just up, about our plans for launch day, so we want to know what you guys are getting up to on the Euro launch (which is now technically 8 days away!).

Thanks to different reasons, you have like two and a half days before we record pocast 14, so try and squeeze it in. :)

Cheers lads!

get up at 6:50. Get dressed, possibly showered, so that i don't have to waste precious Wii time showering on Saturday. Then i'll go to school, rush home at 3:10, get home at about 3:40. Then i have to wait for my mum to get home... So at about 4:15 mum will arrive, ill rush straight to the car, tell her we're going to town. Go to town, go to gamestation, and get my Wii. Then spend all Friday night playing Wii in my room.

Nothing special for me.

EDIT: Plans have changed now. I get up, shower, blah blah. Then i run home at 3:10, get changed in less than 10 seconds, run on to the bus stop, sit twitchy on the bus. Run across town, run into gamestation, slide across the floor on my knees and scream WIIIIIIII.

Ok, maybe not, the last part, but most of my trip to gamestation will involve running.

Well if I've passed my driving test I'm definitely going to the midnight launch at Gamestation in Stirling. What time I get there will be decided on the night, depending on the weather, and how many other people the shop think will be going. If I don't pass, well, I'm either going to have to take the day of school and get the bus into Stirling for 9am or wait until after school...

Update: Passed! Midnight launch here I come!!!

Get my dad to pick it up while I demoing my snake coursework game in hull. God there has been so many problems but it is done, done I say.

Get up when the delivery man arrives, get some breakfast and get playing. That's if Amazon get their act together and send it on time. :P

Thursday: Get out of school, camp out somewhere, pray.

:(

Hopefully come friday I won't go home disappointed.

Well I'll probably be online all night. I wont be able to sleep and I'm sure there will be loads more people like myself on the forums here talking until the early hours. Then at 6 i'll get up, have a shower leave here by 7 and then get to GAME for 8 and just wait around till they open. Then when I get back...I have an engineering lecture...but 1 lecture missed wont hurt...will it?! :p

I'll probably take my DS too, there's bound to be some other's waiting outside with DS's.

Sit and wait for the Wii and Zelda to arrive in the post from amazon. play them for a few hours, then maybe go to work and get wiiplay and monkey ball if I can be bothered (staff discount) if I can't be bothered may just do it on saturday when I'm at work...

Well I'll probably be online all night. I wont be able to sleep and I'm sure there will be loads more people like myself on the forums here talking until the early hours.
I'll be doing the complete opposite of that and be going to bed at like 19:00 or something, :heh: then I'll no doubt wake up ridiculously early on Friday and commence freaking out until it arrives from Gameplay. :laughing:

my launch day plans start the on the 7th im first going to ring up game and check if they have any extra wii's left. If not i shall ring pc world see if they have any as they are not taking pre-orders in store. If they have some then i will ask them to save me one for collection (as they do store collect) on friday i will not be buying any games from them tho.

Then on launch day it is get up around seven o clock oh so early then get out of the house by about 8, half past. then jump in the car and then start on my looooong journey to truro which is over 55miles away get my wii from whichever shop had one game or pc world. and them go into game and trade in my gc and four ov my ds games that i have finished and maybe even trade in melee and animal crossing for the gc. And with the money from those buy red steel and marvel ultimate alliance then do some xmas shopping and come home for around 12 then play my wii all night long.

My plans are A. If Game open at midnight which I don't think they will i'll go there then and pick up my console and play all night until work which I have 7-9 yes silly but will be explained in plan B I will then play for the rest of day.

Or Plan B. Wake up on the 8th for work 7-9 yes sounds stupid but my work is only down the road from Game and I get free parking at work anywho if Game opens earlier than 9 I will leave work early then go collect my Wii and play all day. Not much difference in the plans except one involves sleep

Withdraw money out of my bank account and buy it. Thats it really. Could've had a Wii back around the launch of the US Wii but was turned off by the fact that Wii Sports comes with a cardboard slip so i've waited until the Wii gets released in PAL regions so I can get the PAL Wii package that has Wii Sports in the glory that is the white game case.

Gonna drive around Essex with my buddy at 7am with a phone and phone book calling retailers trying to see if they can spare some stock.

I've only got the cash for a Wii and perhaps 1,000 points so I'll be playing Mario 64/Wii Bowling for the first few weeks.

Oh well.

I booked the day off work when I knew the date.

Flexi time is very useful.

I got a email from gameplay saying i will get my wii on launch day so its wake up and listen for the post man all morning.

I'll play Zelda OOT until it arrives :P

I believe my local Game(Belfast) are having a midnight launch, so I'll see if anyone wants to head down with me, and probably drive down alone about a half hour before and park illegally in front of the store, listening to some Joanna Newsom, until I can get in and get my wii.

THURSDAY 7th DECEMBER

Charge DS Lite, take it to work.

Finish work at around 5pm - head to Oxford Street

Find a Pizza Hut, KFC or Burger King - get a bite for dinner

Head to HMV Oxford Street, hang with the fanboys, play DS

11pm Wii launch event begins, play Wiipods in store, take pics of celebs

12am (8th Dec) Purchase my Wii!

12.30am Catch last tube home, or failing that - a nightbus

December 7th

Wake up 6ish go school 8ish come back 4ish get a 176 to Oxford Street GAME with my DS and Wii preorder reciept and then finally wait for my brother who will come from work in camden and jam with nintendo fan boys and play ds until 11pm get my Wii 12am go home in south east camberwell play wii until 6am go school come back from school sleep until everyones gone sleep then go downstairs and play Wii all night LONG

MY PLAN IS INVINCIBLE MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

I'm going to sit around waiting for my Wii to arrive THE NEXT WEEK.

Meh, it's not all that bad. I got used to waiting.

Me? I'll wake up on the Friday, usual morning routine (breakfast, shower, get dressed), catch bus into Wigan (free travel in Greater Manchester at any time - woohoo! :D), head to Gamestation and buy my Wii. Then head to nearby chippy for lunch (depends on the time), catch bus home, feverishly open boxes, plug in, play, be happy! :awesome:

Wake up around 6am. Go to work until 2 I believe (wouldnt be surprised if "can you stop longer" happens). Depending what time I do finish come home, eat, then go to my friend's with some other friends and some cheap wine (and Wii of course).

I don't have work on Friday, so it's going to be a case of waking up early (who am I kidding? I won't be able to sleep!) and then heading into town to grab my Wii and Zelda. Then it's pretty much going to be Zelda all weekend.

I'm still convinced I'm going to be hit by lightning and die before I can play it however.

I don't have work on Friday, so it's going to be a case of waking up early (who am I kidding? I won't be able to sleep!) and then heading into town to grab my Wii and Zelda. Then it's pretty much going to be Zelda all weekend.

I'm still convinced I'm going to be hit by lightning and die before I can play it however.

Be rather funny if you never got to play the next Zelda game... like someone chopped your arms off or something :D

Be rather funny if you never got to play the next Zelda game... like someone chopped your arms off or something :D

Yes, i'm sure Guy would love that. Not to mention the pain. :heh:

Also, the loss of blood.

Probably infection, too.