N-Europe

Red Steel 2 Confirmed

Stocka

Ubisoft has a job posting on their France website, which asks for a Senior Game Designer who will take part in “the continuation of the Red Steel Projectâ€. Interestingly enough, the job posting asks for “RPG†experience, which can suggest RPG elements may be used in the Red Steel Sequel.

A trademark was also made by Ubisoft in the United States of a game called “Fighting Steelâ€. Of course the name could be anything, but it’s great to know that if a sequel is on its way. Ubisoft can finally get some strong development time and effort in making the next Red Steel much better.

good good..

I hope this is true. It can be Ubisofts second chance to give the new Red Steel franchise a chance to fulfil its potential. The game had so much going for it but ultimately appears to be less than expected, a real shame too...

However this is their chance for redemption. Im expecting a solid game next time round with a robust online multiplayer and downloadable content.

ps3 port ! yay

No purchase from me if this is the case. If 100% Wii exclusive, i'll get Red Steel 2 as well as the 1st Red Steel game, but have the expectation like everyone else that this game surpasses its predecessor in every single way, better utilisation of Wii remote controls showing true potential of Wii Mote, better graphics, sound, longer game, online/LAN capability, more weapons, more locales, better AI, more unlockables in both multiplayer and single player campaign, cooperative play.

No thanks Ubisoft.

If every games company listened to your complaints and acted on them, no game would ever be finished.

Anyway, It's hardly confirmed. Still, a MMORPFPSSEU (Massive Muliplayer Online Role Playing First Person Shooter/Shash 'Em Up) would be ace.

I disagree, I bought a Wii to get away from sequelism.

Red Steel will be rad, but once is enough.

Ubisoft Paris could pump out some really decent shit while they're working on this. If it's worth doing.. it's worth doing right. If it's done right it should only need to be done once.

This is quite a general statement but I won't be laying down the cash for this game twice. There is an army of people who buy GTA again and again.. I stopped after Vice City.

Ubisoft are no doubt hoping this will become the GTA of Wii (because the distinct lack of super violent games planned thus far)

I'm on the fence about Red Steel, but I would definitely welcome a sequel. :)

I liked the game concept and style, it's just a shame that the FPS controls didn't get all the kinks ironed out of them. From what I hear about Far Cry's controls, it seems that FPS games (as well as other genres) can have a very promising future on Wii.

Just fix the controls, Ubi, and garnish it with online features. That'll be perfect. The RPG elements do seem to suggest that Ubi want to keep pushing the boundaries, which is good.