NEurope
ultrajamie

xbox 360 in SERIOUS trouble

My subscriber copy of edge came... what a shock.

the xbox 360 has only shipped 6 million units currently, and analysts believe only 4.6 million have been sold...

that means that not only does MS have no hope in hell of meeting it's 10m target... but also the 360 has been selling SLOWER than the first xbox, which actually sold 9 million in it's first year.

ouch.

looks like the wii is currently predicted to sell almost as many in 2 months, as the 360 sold in 12!!!

The XBOX360 has had the best first year of games i've ever seen from any console i've ever bought.

Who cares about sales figures? Microsoft have billions and the game everyone wants Halo 3 hasn't shipped yet... just wait :)

The XBOX360 has had the best first year of games i've ever seen from any console i've ever bought.

Who cares about sales figures? Microsoft have billions and the game everyone wants Halo 3 hasn't shipped yet... just wait :)

well no one ever thought the first xbox had the best first year ever... and now the 360 has done worse... no one can call that a success when you consider all the hype.

Microsoft wanted to sell 10 million consoles by Christmas, they're on track. Gears has thrown sales through the roof. Other games coming in Spring like Forza Motorsport 2 and others such as Dead or Alive 5 (now confirmed), Halo 3, Banjo Kazooie, PGR4 the 360 has a very very bright future and its only just started.

I'm confused. In the first post, ultrajamie said that there have only been 4.6 million 360's sold. Now, in Jordan's post, he says their still on track. That would mean that they've have to shift roughly 5 million more units before christmas, correct? Or have i missed something?

They've sold well over 4.6million, theres been more than 5 million connections to XBOX360 Live service.

Theres no offical figures but sales are around 7.1 million at the moment according to that next gen wars site.

They've sold well over 4.6million, theres been more than 5 million connections to XBOX360 Live service.

Theres no offical figures but sales are around 7.1 million at the moment according to that next gen wars site.

Yeah, that's also confused me, too. Hmm, this would be a hell of a lot easier to decipher if we had official figures.

Anyway, no matter. I'm a gamer. You're a gamer. So, let's play games. Let's leave the sales talk to the big guys.

I'll put it this way, i have 22 360 games (retail and arcade) and i've never had more fun on any other console. Seriously.

I don't think the console is in any trouble at the moment. It's got a nice decent head start. It's had a nice selection of games in it's first year and as people have said, loads to come. Although there's loads to come on every console now they are all out.

The problem is we can't trust this guys shipped "sales", the 360 is well bellow its original intent, and if it was a Nintendo 360 every one would come with doom theories. As far as I know Microsoft can ship a billion consoles, so they already won before it even started.

For me the 360's first year has been more of a run up; only now is it really starting to Jump In, as Microsoft have so often oushed us to do ourselves.

The 360 has a lot of good games. Not amazing, classic games, but good, solid titles. I think that Gears of War — and, less popularly, Dead Rising — show that the machine is starting to come into its own and be more than a laminator for current-gen titles. 2007 is when 'real' 360 games are going to make their presence known, I think.

Oh, and Live is 'great'. I used the inverted commas as whilst I appreciate the accomplishments of the service, it may be the single most concentrated hole of abusive, intolerant, unlikable people ever yet discovered. I swear 95% of the people I've played with are exactly the same obnoxious American teenager; it's almost more fun to play against AI.

The 360 is in no trouble at all.

In the 1st year of it selling its had an amazing selection of games, GRAW, Dead Rising, Rare titles, PGR3 to name a few, and also the future looks amazing for the console, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Comand and Conquer, Banjo, a hell of a lot 3rd party support, quite frankly, the 360 will proboly win this gen by a long shot. I have been ringing up some shops round my local area hunting for a VGA cable and a few other bits and pieces and all the shops have sold out of all forms of Hardware from consoles to cables thanks to Gears of war.

The 360 is the best conosle ive ever owned and i think a lot of people will agree, its had such fantastic content for the 1st year of a console being on sale its incredible. Also like has been said already we dont have a company liek Sega behind the wheel, we have Microsoft, money is no option to them.

ultrajamie Sony / Nintendo fan boy

360 is in no trouble

Have this conversation next year and then see whos in trouble

yeah when lost planet and also blue dragon hits japan this december they'll probably manage to ship 100k -250k

And did you know lost planet has already got is pegi rating, so it lookslike it could come out on the 12 of january after all.

Nope nope nope. "Snes" mean anything to you?

360's are awesome, mind.

As much as I love my 360 i'm sick of all the 360 fanboys on the official forums slagging off the Wii which is why i'm going to say that I am convinced 360 will finish last in this "war"

Nope nope nope. "Snes" mean anything to you?

360's are awesome, mind.

I didn't own a SNES till Street Fighter II Turbo came out even then it was my brothers and we had like a hand full of games.

And please don't go on about Chorno because i like very very few RPG's.

The 360 did indeed have a good first year games-wise. Although I personally think the Wii is set for a brilliant first year, if they manage to squeeze Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros.

its the fastest console to 5 mil without ANY killer app. until now (gears) and during christmass it rise up to heavens and when halo 3 comes out......

I think Ps3 is in SERIOUS trouble....

its the fastest console to 5 mil without ANY killer app. until now (gears) and during christmass it rise up to heavens and when halo 3 comes out......

I think Ps3 is in SERIOUS trouble....

agreed! moo