N-Europe

The Hairy Christmas Fairy

Platty

I heard this on XFM this morning and found it pretty funny and erm strange:

"A MYSTERY man called the “Hairy Christmas Fairy†has been splashing out hundreds of pounds spreading cheer to stunned shoppers.

The beefy middle-aged man dresses in a pink fairy outfit including tutu, tiara, wings and wand, tiger-print pants and white fishnet tights.

Over the past few days he has paid for people’s shopping and handed out free lottery tickets in towns across Cornwall.

Each time the 6ft 4in man in his 50s leaves a card with a picture of a fairy and a handwritten note saying: “You’ll be hearing a lot about me — the Hairy Christmas Fairy.â€

He first appeared in Warren’s Bakery in Helston when he spent £40 on pies and pasties for every customer.

Shocked shop worker Sonia Hocking revealed: “He said, ‘It’s not a joke, or a hoax, I just want to buy everybody pies.’ We thought it was bit odd - but he said ‘trust me’. Every time a customer came in he’d say lunch was on him.

“He got a few odd looks but if someone is offering to buy you a sausage roll you don’t say no. He was very friendly.â€

The next day he showed up at Morrisons supermarket in Penzance where he paid for the contents of several shoppers’ trollies — including a disabled pensioner.

The day after he handed out free Lottery scratch cards outside a newsagent in Liskeard and bought teas and coffees in a cafe in Launceston.

Morrisons said: “The Hairy Fairy was here and caused quite a stir.â€

Article is in the Sun of course :)http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006530859,00.html

Video of the Hairy Fairy: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11021-10043,00.html

Maybe he won alot of money on either the american lottery, something like that and would liketo say his good luck with needy people. Like the disabled pensioner.

I know its hard for pensioners these days so I would give a load of money to help the aged, and stand near the monument in newcastle giving away money to pensioners. I would love to do that

1)I reckon he stole the money, but feels guilty about it, so is dishing it out to random people.

Its a perfect plan.

*Police find some stolen money

Police: Where did you get the money from?

Person: The Hairy Christmas Fairy gave it to me.

Police: Yea.....right....

*into intercom* Police: Get the "doctors" in here, we have another "patient"

They commented on the Hairy Christmas Fairy on 'Have I got News for you' earlier today (9.00 on BBC 1)

I love that program. QI as well.

Fridays are great!

I'm a HIGNFY fan as well. I like QI and Buzzcocks as well.

I saw that - on it's headline "____ PICKED UP BY HAIRY FAIRY", Paul Merton initially said "Andy!" referring to his miniscule guest, comedian Andy Hamilton (who has been brilliant every time he's been on the show) and his voicing a hedgehog in the animated film MirrorMask. Guest host Ronni Ancona later said as a photo of his came up on the screen that he was a "mentally unstable fat man wearing his daughter's clothes"...

^ yeah its funny stuff.

i remember laughing aloud on last weeks one when they were talking about 'the most annoying things in Britain list'.

The top 2 on the list were caravans and james blunt.

Someone said "I bet there's people who hate both, i can imagine someone being stuck behind a caravan on a road and saying 'this is as bad as watching a james blunt concert'"

then Paul Merton says

"or they're at a James Blunt concert and they ' this is as bad as being stuck behind a caravan! '"

LOL

but theres so many funny things they say, they are great at improvising and inventing captions on the spot.

Hate to break it to you mate but it's scripted.

Sorry to correct you mate, but it isnt. The host has a script but the panelists Paul Merton and Ian Hislop dont. I thought they did too but in Jeremy Clarkson's book 'The World According to Clarkson' he has an article talking about his time when he went on the show, how he drove over to the studio thinking 'these people aren't all that, they just speak their lines' and he turned up really early to practice(sp?) his script. However, the panelists turned up about 10 minutes before the show and didnt practice anything and he said they really were very good and came up with their lines on the spot.

Sorry to correct you mate, but it isnt. The host has a script but the panelists Paul Merton and Ian Hislop dont. I thought they did too but in Jeremy Clarkson's book 'The World According to Clarkson' he has an article talking about his time when he went on the show, how he drove over to the studio thinking 'these people aren't all that, they just speak their lines' and he turned up really early to practice(sp?) his script. However, the panelists turned up about 10 minutes before the show and didnt practice anything and he said they really were very good and came up with their lines on the spot.

Well that's good . I hope it's true.