NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

Mario 64 got a 8 at GameSpot because the genre has not progressed at all since that game. Good to know they (almost) got something right.

then why give it an 8?i agree with vc games being reviwed to an extend but for gods sake bear the price in mind.Dk a 4.9 is ridiculous.it is a timeless classic

cmon it has a timeless storyline. ape wants his girl back.

Yeah, but it doesn't have enough shaders, or bump mappings. And that gameplay is so last 80's, I think a game called Donkey Kong invented it.

Okay guys I know many of you may disagree with the GameSpot score but why not wait until you actually play Donkey Kong before you disagree with our review okay? It's not even out yet!!

/lol

haha iv played the nes version and i totally agree it isn't as good as arcade but i don't give a holy shit!

Get over it you Nintendo fanboys, I've been playing this since it's original release and even back then it was shit compared to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for PS2.

What's next like super mario bros:fat plumbers?Again i don't like the drawing distance and lacks violence unlike the greatness of gta san andreas.(9.6)

can any game beat tony hawk pro skater for ps2?

If Tony Hawk's 2 comes out on virtual console, I wonder what score gamespot will give it...

I don't get the point of reviewing VC games. Maybe if the review scale was "buy" or "don't buy" then it might make more sense. Otherwise, this is a big waist of time.

Regardless of the need for such reviews it's quite cool of Gamespot to give readers the complete Wii reviews package. I wouldn't be surprised to see Virtual Console game reviews popping up in magazines and on other websites before long.

it sounds like gamespot are desperately wanting to become controversial and get attention, either that or Jeff has a huge chip on his shoulder and shouldnt be reviewing Nintendo games.

ONM Scores

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess: 97%

Wii Sports: 90%

Red Steel: 91%

Madden NFL 07: 86%

Need For Speed Carbon: 59%

Wii Play: 91%

Call of Duty 3 86%

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: 81%

Rayman Raving Rabbids: 78%

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam: 85%

Overrated Wii Sports and WiiPlay a little I think.

But of course these are the Nintendo published titles..

ONM Scores

Call of Duty 3 86%

Over rated.

Thanksgivings festivities taking place in the United States this weekend, theres gonna be a drought of Wii related news and reviews as the major games sites are American. Looks like there'll be little to no changes in the average ratio for Twilight Princess for at least 100 hours.

ONM Scores

Call of Duty 3 86%

some of these review seem crazy, 90% for wii sports seems very over rated compared to what others say. as does red steel. something must have gone very wrong with the NFS Carbon controls for it to score so low.

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess: 97% <-- Good, needs these sort of scores, 9.5 is too low now, with the average ratio being at such dangerous levels.

Wii Sports: 90% <-- This is obviously way too high, but even if it got 1%, wouldn't change anything...

Red Steel: 91% <-- Probably due to the fact that "realistic" FPS games are almost non existant on Nintendo consoles up till now.

Wii Play: 91% <-- Again, way too high, maybe they just liked the fact they saved some money.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: 81% <-- Consistent with other scores.

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam: 85% <-- This game seems like a skateboarding version of "Snowboard Kids" on N64 to me.

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess: 97% <-- Good, needs these sort of scores, 9.5 is too low now, with the average ratio being at such dangerous levels.

Wii Sports: 90% <-- This is obviously way too high, but even if it got 1%, wouldn't change anything...

Red Steel: 91% <-- Probably due to the fact that "realistic" FPS games are almost non existant on Nintendo consoles up till now.

Wii Play: 91% <-- Again, way too high, maybe they just liked the fact they saved some money.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: 81% <-- Consistent with other scores.

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam: 85% <-- This game seems like a skateboarding version of "Snowboard Kids" on N64 to me.

jeez didn't think I would agree with you ever! but I do lol!

Rayman review is below the average how'd we account for that?! gamerankings is 81% wonder what they thought to keep it 2% from 80%