N-Europe

Why Sunday?

Patch

Guest Stefkov

Why does no-one listen to God's will. We must rest on Sundays, not sell consoles on Sundays!

Tis wierd, i never understood it, until i read this post.

So are people saying we dont go out on Fridays? Why do we always get stuff on fridays?

I've always wondered why they're launching the Wii in the US on a Sunday. It seems like an odd day to choose. Friday and Saturday seem like much better days that allow for a good weekend stint. :grin:

Anyone know why?

Because:

They don't like Mondays (TELL ME WHY!) I don't like Mondays... Sorry.

This Sunday is the biggest shopping day of the year before Christmas eve.

All consoles launch then, Malls and crap have big promotions.. it's the equivalent to our late night shopping.

Why Wednesday? (in our town it is Wednesdays) Tradition.

I imagine you'll be able to buy the console that weekend.

Why does no-one listen to God's will. We must rest on Sundays, not sell consoles on Sundays!

Tis wierd, i never understood it, until i read this post.

So are people saying we dont go out on Fridays? Why do we always get stuff on fridays?

I have no idea, cos if you preorder it, sometimes u have to wait til Mon if it doesnt come the Fri n for sum reason the Sat:cry:

OK, for those still wanting to know the genuine reason: US sales figures run from Sunday to Saturday. What does this mean? The PS3 comes out on Friday, the 17th, which means that all of the PS3 sell-out figures will be for this week; meanwhile, the Wii launches on Sunday and will, it's seeming quite likely, sell out on next week's sales figures. In some ways, though, this will actually look better, because next week is Thanksgiving week and they will be able to emphasise that in any press releases.

heres the actual reason coming from a canadian.

the stores open in canada sunday at noon (in america they dont need to) this is good so we can sleep in and still get the wii at lanch time (they did the same in the us)

its just a better day the stores arn't that busy its only nintendo fans that show up

its more a favor to us canadians (i like sunday lanches)