NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

triumphant E32005 video...

First TP video was E3 2004. Second one was GDC 2005, third (debut of the wolf) was E3 2005 :awesome:

after the low's of THAT e3 where they showed celda...

I know you're not expressing an opinion on the game, just the reaction to E3, but I thought I may as well help pass the time by saying: The Wind Waker is one of the best looking games ever made, and it will still look good 10 years from now.

From what little I've seen of Twilight Princess it does look very nice, with some great attention to detail, but it's a shame that it won't stand the test of time as well as The Wind Waker. I hope that a Wii exclusive Zelda might try its hand at a graphical overhaul as well, although I doubt I'll have an idea of what I'd like until it's presented to me.

After reading reviews and previews of Twilight Princess it is apparent that the game is a tribute to what is so great about the Zelda series, something that the fans will love and doesn't try to change the formula.

This leads me to believe that the next Zelda is going to be drastically different, I would go as far to say it might even be set in the future.

This leads me to believe that the next Zelda is going to be drastically different, I would go as far to say it might even be set in the future.

I agree, and it's going to upset a lot of people no doubt. Naturally the change is going to be based around the Wiimote — and possibly WC24 — so really it could be anything. I guess we'll have a better idea after seeing Twilight Princess through.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there's a 'filler' Zelda in between, such as an online, Wiimote-waving/DS-linking take on Four Swords.

I know you're not expressing an opinion on the game, just the reaction to E3, but I thought I may as well help pass the time by saying: The Wind Waker is one of the best looking games ever made, and it will still look good 10 years from now.

From what little I've seen of Twilight Princess it does look very nice, with some great attention to detail, but it's a shame that it won't stand the test of time as well as The Wind Waker. I hope that a Wii exclusive Zelda might try its hand at a graphical overhaul as well, although I doubt I'll have an idea of what I'd like until it's presented to me.

i agree with you 100% -wind waker is just stunning to look at. I certanly don't think it deserved the critiscism... even if i do think nintendo did go slightly off track in choosing that route.

however... TP represents a triumph of what I call 'art over oomph' - at a time when ps3 and 360 games are pretty but often sterile TP looks just magical

I disagree that it won't stand the test of time... ocarina is as wonderfully evocative today as it was 'back in the day' - so i don't agree that TP won't meet a similar fate

however... TP represents a triumph of what I call 'art over oomph' - at a time when ps3 and 360 games are pretty but often sterile TP looks just magical

I disagree that it won't stand the test of time... ocarina is as wonderfully evocative today as it was 'back in the day' - so i don't agree that TP won't meet a similar fate

Oh, I agree: Twilight Princess looks better than nearly all the 360 and PS3 games I've seen. And I do think it will hold its looks for a good while yet, it's just that it won't do so "as well as The Wind Waker".

In some ways I'm looking forward to the Wii being 'underpowered', as restraints have always born creativity. I think that HD consoles in some ways give developers too much to deal with, as they have to spend so long making tools and textures that it detracts from other things that they would prefer to be working on.

I think that HD consoles in some ways give developers too much to deal with, as they have to spend so long making tools and textures that it detracts from other things that they would prefer to be working on.

like actual gameplay you mean?

Oh, I agree: Twilight Princess looks better than nearly all the 360 and PS3 games I've seen. And I do think it will hold its looks for a good while yet, it's just that it won't do so "as well as The Wind Waker".

In some ways I'm looking forward to the Wii being 'underpowered', as restraints have always born creativity. I think that HD consoles in some ways give developers too much to deal with, as they have to spend so long making tools and textures that it detracts from other things that they would prefer to be working on.

i said in another thread the other day that it seems like despite the huge amounts of power offered by all consoles nowadays, games look more smaey in their art than the 16bit days..

the wii might give developers an 'excuse' to free themselves of the creative shackles that publishers enforce... i'm really looking forward to seeing what happens

aaaaaahhhh

why oh why oh why oh WHY!!!!???

i've just watched the first couple of visual guides from thehylia.com

I figured i could watch the first few as thats all the stuff that i've read about in reviews and the previews from the 2 day event nintendo held.

the game hasn't been spoiled, really because i know what happens at the start.... but every single little thing that happed totally amazed me - it's been too long since a game this 'solid' came along (shame on you kameo)...

and it's going to make the next 2 days 2 hours and 53 mins all the harder to bare!

Exactly. Wind waker was a beutiful game becuase they were able to fully realize the artistic direction do to it not being realistic. It is just like how nobody will ever say the LttP looks terible.

i love the japanese zelda disk so much more than ours >.<

blingin' link just looks so... tacky

i agree with you 100% -wind waker is just stunning to look at. I certanly don't think it deserved the critiscism... even if i do think nintendo did go slightly off track in choosing that route.

I also agree withy you 100%.

Have you seen it running on something else but video? I have to say the low resolution in the videos makes this game look better than it actually is, because on a properly sized screen there's a definetely noticable lack of anti-aliasing, texture quality, and color in general...

It was actually quite dissappointing, but I'll save my final judgment for until I play it at home.

Wind waker was beautiful, because Nintendo was able to fully max out the art style because they did not require a lot of power. Twilight princess on the other hand has a lot of room for improvement. It is nowhere near to on par with most 360 and ps3 games. Some of the textures in the game venture on being down right ugly. If the next Zelda they make keeps the same art style I garenty you that it will be much more beautiful than TP.

The crowd reaction video from the first unveiling of Zelda back at E3 2004, is one of the best game videos ever!!

This video is absolutely magical!! you never tire of watching this and it almost feels as though you're there and as though everytime you watch it is for the first time!

- Reggie announces one last surprise... the crowd take great interest...

- A beautiful game world is shown along with magical music... people thinking 'this must be something special'!

- Suddenly as the music builds and the land is shown, people suddenly realise that everything seems somewhat familiar...

- It couldn't be could it??!!

- OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crowd reaction video from the first unveiling of Zelda back at E3 2004, is one of the best game videos ever!!

This video is absolutely magical!! you never tire of watching this and it almost feels as though you're there and as though everytime you watch it is for the first time!

- Reggie announces one last suprise... the crowd take great interest...

- A beautiful game world is shown along with magical music... people thinking 'this must be something special'!

- Suddenly as the music builds and the land is shown, people suddenly realise that everything seems somewhat familiar...

- It couldn't be could it??!!

- OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great way for the waiting to come to an end. Like you I just love that video and it brings a feeling to me that no other game preview/video has ever come near to copying.

Really need to stop looking at videos on youtube. The wait's killing me! You'd think I'd have more important things to do and yet...

Although if I don't get my wii tomorrow that's what I might have to resort to!

Well to think either tomorrow or saturday, the wait will finally be over I'll be able to sit down and play Zelda TP, knowing absolutely nothing at all about it! I've managed to last this long and really don't know anything at all. Don't even know how the twilight thing works, who the bad guy is, what items are around, how the game starts, anything at all....

I hope I can force myself out of bed, Gamestation opens at 9am but I probably wont get to sleep until about 3am =\

bah... just been to Gamestation and apparently they haven't recieved all of their stock yet, I was told I would be guaranteed one at launch but oh well...

They said that they have recieved one shipment and will be recieving another within a few days, so I should get a phonecall very soon.

I did get a copy of Twilight Princess though.

Edit: hahaha I got a phonecall at 5pm from Gamestation saying that someone didn't collect their Wii, so now it's mine! :D

you snooze you lose :P