NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

After that "On The Spot" thing, I don't really think of Gamespot as a great source, considering how terrible they were at actually playing games.

Okay Hiyaz.

It's funny that Zelda:TP is rated T in US, M in Australia but UK it is 12+. :rolleyes:

Okay Hiyaz.

It's funny that Zelda:TP is rated T in US, M in Australia but UK it is 12+. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they're all a bunch of pussy's in that side of the planet.

Just watched the IGN video review and I must say that I'm now so super-hyped up for this game. He said it himself that it's the best Zelda ever.

what? LTTP was easy as hell.

Uh right, maybe if you were using guides to figure out puzzles in the dungeons, such as the ice one. They're far more complex and difficult than any of the puzzles in the 3d games, with far less in the way of hints in what you have to do. Also, unless you have a decent amount of hearts, some bosses certainly do pose a challenge. I remember that masked dragon boss being far from easy as a kid.

Okay Hiyaz.

Why is it funny exactly? I don't know about Australia's ratings, but "T" in America stands for teen...meaning 13 and up...basically the same as the UK rating.

It fits in

a few hundred years after Ocarina of Time

I doubt that's a spoiler but just incase :P

Here's an idea. If someone want a harder zelda just avoid stocking fairies in the bottles. That should make it a bit harder.

Maybe I should try this myself. I usually always have all my bottles full of fairies when I venture into a dungeon. sometimes it feels like cheating when I play the ocarina in front of a gossip stone in Oot to get an extra fairy

The website has more. Link with bow, horseback as a wolf etc.

Could you give a link to those vids too? I just don't want to go through the spoiling artwork to see them! :(

Oh yeah, and thanks Dante!

So, isn't this the day of the US release...? God damn them! :cry:

the spoiler character artwork is a different tab. Just follow my original instructions and the only thing you will see is midna speaking japanese and a hyrule field.

- (and its not that much of a spoiler. I just managed to put two half spoilers that I accidently came across together, so am very annoyed).

From the reviews so far I see that

1) Sword Recharges automatically on wii, But require a concious delay and button press for gamecube -- so more skill

2) Wii mote apparantly requires a proper swipe to swing the sword so sometime misses it. (one of the latest reviews said this ). Gamecube looking more precies.

Gamecube controls looking good.

Here this site.

First click on enter then wait for the new page to load.

When it finished loading go to the last button on the leftside and click on the first one.

Oh, one thing though: Zelda games shouldn't feature full voice-acting. Unless — and this might seem a bit strange — they spoke in Hylian. A 'nonsense' language would be fantastic, as any bad acting would be hard to pick up on as the comprehension isn't there. It would also allow more emotion into the dialogue through inflexion of the voice, make existing in Hyrule a more cohesive experience, and not require localised re-dubbing.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I genuinely do think it's a great idea.

Keep blowing away at your trumpet, that is a fuckin' superb idea mate, I duno why Nintendo haven't considered that!

Nonsense languages are cool, but they get annoying after an hour and voice acting if not done perfectly is horrible. I totally agree with no voice acting.

nonsense language = teletubies.

they need to invent a klingon type language that has some underlying structure.

Even playing japanese games are fun even though I dont understand a word.

Nonsense languages are cool, but they get annoying after an hour and voice acting if not done perfectly is horrible. I totally agree with no voice acting.

If they did it similar to LotR elvish, it could be ace.

If they did it similar to LotR elvish, it could be ace.

Yeah, that would be just a tad bit hard.

nonsense language = teletubies.

they need to invent a klingon type language that has some underlying structure.

Even playing japanese games are fun even though I dont understand a word.

By 'nonsense language' I was thinking along the lines of the alien speech samples from Knights of the Old Republic, but more varied. Obviously a structured, full-fledged language would be good, but I wouldn't expect a developer to formulate one just for a videogame series.

Just so we're clear, I'm more than happy with the small samples characters currently have — they're all bursting with character and get the point across well. It's just that if Zelda were to be become 'talky', I'd rather I didn't have to listen to the usual Nickelodeon-grade dubbing.

Nonsense language is excellent. First thing that springs to mind is the way the animals talk in animal crossing, or the characters in Starwing on the SNES.

I would have no problem with that. :)