NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

Outstanding ending to a great series of videos. The whole Timeline thing works great and the last shot of the video with Link on his horse was amazing. I would kill for all of the retrospectives to be put on a dvd package.

Gametrailers have been generally awesome recently. Great features like this, really helpful reviews, excellent HD videos, etc. I'm eager to find out what they give Twilight Princess when they review it but I won't be watching it that's for sure.

Zelda:TP fixs the timeline by linking nine games together.

Zelda Timeline: MC,FS,OOT,MM,TP,FSA,WW,LTTP,LA.

Btw in famitsu they say they just don't give it a perfect 40, because it's too hard. lol those crazy japanese

Americans say its too easy [due to heart damage not puzzles] Japanese say its too hard [probably due to the puzzles]. Its ironic that they of all people found this game too hard seeing that they are supposed to be one of the smartest races on the planet. I guess it is consistent with their generally poor taste in games as well. The scores good though 38/40, a satisfactory score overall.

Americans say its too easy [due to heart damage not puzzles] Japanese say its too hard [probably due to the puzzles]. Its ironic that they of all people found this game too hard seeing that they are supposed to be one of the smartest races on the planet. I guess it is consistent with their generally poor taste in games as well. The scores good though 38/40, a satisfactory score overall.

I bet you wouldn't be saying this if their ULTIMATE favorite game franchises [i.E Final Fantasy, Biohazard and Metal Gear Solid] are 100% Nintendo exclusive and not on Sony consoles, in thi case, PS3. :indeed:

Nintendo Power Info:

Zelda:TP Review: 9.5

The reason why Twilight Princess got a 9.5/10 was because of Wolf Link and Music. Although the gameplay was great, the issue was in the early goings when you’re forced to remain a wolf for extended periods and seek out creatures of darkness (meaning it can be a drag). The other issue was Music, and the tracks are too “subtle” for their own good.

Interview with Zelda director Eiji Aonuma, the following is an excerpt: “I think it’s safe to say that Twilight Princess has a lot more Miyamoto influence than other recent Zelda games…The total scale of the world, has definitely surpassed that of Ocarina of Time. There are a lot more dungeons as well…I must warn you that this game will take a lot longer to complete than Ocarina of Time…there were actually instances whee the control changes made for Wii were adapted to GCN, and they ended up improving the gameplay in the Gamecube version…Twilight Princess is set about a hundred years after Ocarina of Time…Twilight Princess has elements in it that were made so that people who played Ocarina can say ‘Oh, I remember this!’…releasing Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and creating a whole new Zelda for Wii immediately after (as it was planned) that would have been extremely diffciult to do time-wise.”

GoNintendo (Warning: Zelda:TP spoilers on update 6-7)

Nintendo Power Info:

Zelda:TP Review: 9.5

The reason why Twilight Princess got a 9.5/10 was because of Wolf Link and Music. Although the gameplay was great, the issue was in the early goings when you’re forced to remain a wolf for extended periods and seek out creatures of darkness (meaning it can be a drag). The other issue was Music, and the tracks are too “subtle” for their own good.

Wow. They must have sucked at the game. Getting the creatures only takes about 20 min. each time and I found the creature hunting to be quite fun. Not to mention there is a number of fun/interesting events that are triggered on these misions.

The music is fantastic and it is only subtle where is should be and powerful when they are trying to portray an epic feel. Excellent sound quality overall. I already find myself humming the themes in school.

Danke. Much better. Now to chizzle everything out of my brain.

It was nothing that will kill you. Believe me, the game has so much more to offer.

Hopefully I'll be playing this a week today...(for around 5/10 mins, probably)

man. The only thing i will be doing in 16 days is dribbling on the zelda box and reading the manual 100 times over. HURRY UP CHRISTMAS!

Its getting into dangerously low territory now, :sad: but there are still stacks of reviews to come... :hmm:

Oh no, the earth is in danger!

Because if the average score goes down, then it must mean the game quality has gotten worse :indeed:

Does anyone feel a damn site better for not having read or watched any movies? I certainly do, this is the first time I will go into a Zelda game completely fresh since Links Awakening, OOT did kinda but knew some stuff, MM knew loads. But for Twilight Princess I barely know a thing, I don't even know where the game starts, although they do all usually follow a precendence. I know you have to do abit of fishing and that epona is in it and really I can safely say that is it, I've hardly even read this thread just incase!