NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

I posted the picture of the Link stand in the other zelda topic weeks ago.

Found it. :)

756dca90b2365adf9b012e9168d5f2bd.jpg

If that is the same one that comes out over here I will either offer quite a large sum of money to a game shop for it or hopefully find it on ebay. It would look so good in my bedroom.

I hate it! Link's sooo ugly there!

GAH, F***!! WARNING! DONT DO WHAT I JUST DID AND LOOK AT THE ARTWORK !! :horse:

sorry mate. being an official site didint think there would be any spoilers.

Just posted this in the reviews thread but its worth a mention here.

Just been on Gamefaqs and apparently the new GamesMaster mag gave the following:

Graphics 90%

Gameplay 98%

Lifespan 97%

Overall 96%

GAH, F***!! WARNING! DONT DO WHAT I JUST DID AND LOOK AT THE ARTWORK !! :horse:

That piece of artwork on there should be on the game's cover. It is absolutely beautiful and even if it does contain some kind of spoilers it's still way nicer than the one we're getting.

I don't even know what the spoiler you're talking about on there is, mind you.

that artwork is amazing hope they make it into a poster. I almost expect jesus to be at the centre of it.

that artwork is amazing hope they make it into a poster. I almost expect jesus to be at the centre of it.

Man, a poster would be excellent. It just seems a shame for them to miss out on what I'd imagine could be the most beautiful cover-art of all time for the sake of people seeing the game and screaming "LOL SPOILAR" at it.

Can't find the artwork...where is it?

Can't find the artwork...where is it?

poster artwork middle right under the videos in b&w.

I found a spoiler :horse: . Dont look at the characters too much on top right menu.

Has anyone managed to collect all the blue crystals yet. I'm one short

art1rr8.jpg

art2yi0.jpg

art3ct7.jpg

Yes, I have got all the blue lights but the gift is new background design and ringtones that are Japan only.

10 on 1up!!!!

:D

better than OoT?!?!?!

*hyperventilates*

best Zelda ever!

*gasp*

Perfects everything that has gone before it!!!!

*dies*

Just three weeks to wait!!!!

*cries*

Lucky git, i've gotta wait until 20th December to play it! And even then i'm not garanteed(sp) to get one.

3 weeks? 3 weeks! 3 weks? I don't if that's good or bad? One thing's for sure, Okami and FFXII are going to be in the dust for a long time.

3 weeks is nothing. Remember we waited how many, about 3months before the ds came ou tover here. We got it March 11th, Japan and US go it the year before! (i think)

3 weeks is nothing. Remember we waited how many, about 3months before the ds came ou tover here. We got it March 11th, Japan and US go it the year before! (i think)

Christ remember the GameCube launch? US in November (I think it was?) and we had to wait till May! What the hell was going on there?

IGN - Four years of work are at last coming to a close as Zelda: Twilight Princess gets set to ship out to retailers throughout America to coincide with the 11/19 launch of the Wii. In what will likely be his last interview before the game's US release (the Japanese release isn't until 12/2), director Eiji Aonuma shared some thoughts on the Wii/GameCube hybrid production with Japan's Weekly Famitsu.

Aonuma was first asked to comment on the original development concept for Twilight Princess. "After the release of Wind Waker," explained the director, "we tested out a realistic Zelda to follow up on Ocarina of Time. When we showed it at the 2004 E3, the members of the audience all stood up and were exuberant. There were even some people who cried."

Zelda fans tend to embrace Ocarina of Time as the greatest game in the series (if not the greatest game of all time). Development on Twilight Princess started off with the idea of making something even better. "The theme of development was how we could make a real Zelda that was different from Ocarina of Time. The main concept was a real Zelda that exceeds Ocarina of Time."

Asked to explain specifically what part of Twilight Princess exceeds the N64 classic, Aonuma said that in addition to simply improving on the game's quality, his team has made use of the latest technology to do things that were impossible back in the N64 days, allowing gamers to enjoy the feeling of a real world. "The first thing we put together was the part where you fight enemies with your sword while riding your horse. This is something that you simply couldn't do in Ocarina of Time. Development was also based around seeing what types of actions we could give Link, then filling the game up with elements that use those actions."

Aonuma also discussed the history behind the split between the Wii and GameCube versions of Twilight Princess. "We originally announced a release date for the GameCube version in the middle of 2005, but that was extended by a year. At E3 2005, we'd announced that Twilight Princess would exceed Ocarina of Time and become a 120% Zelda, and in order to achieve this quality, we felt that we needed more time. It was at that time that Nintendo's release of this new hardware called the Wii became confirmed, and cries for a Zelda for Wii were strong."

Before the decision to make a Wii version of Twilight Princess was finalized, the Zelda team experimented to see what would happen if they used Wii controls. During their tests, they found something that they felt would be a perfect interface for the game. Aonuma came to the decision that it would be beneficial to extend development in order to increase the quality and make the Wii version.

One of the big complaints about Wind Waker was that it could have used a few extra dungeons. Famitsu asked Aonuma about the volume in Twilight Princess. "We're exceeding Ocarina of Time. There's a lot of variety in the dungeons, and I think people will be able to play to the end without growing weary."

Aonuma also confirmed that the Hyrule in Twilight Princess is the largest the series has ever seen. "I didn't expect it to become this big," he said with a laugh. "At the end, you'll have experienced what it's like to have an adventure extending to the farthest reaches of this expansive world."

The rest of the interview contains lots of spoilers and trivia bits that are probably best left until after you've experienced Twilight Princess for yourself.

Its funny that Nintendo probably wont make posters out of that artwork, when millions of fans are waiting to buy it. Not very logical.