NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

Does anyone feel a damn site better for not having read or watched any movies? I certainly do, this is the first time I will go into a Zelda game completely fresh since Links Awakening, OOT did kinda but knew some stuff, MM knew loads. But for Twilight Princess I barely know a thing, I don't even know where the game starts, although they do all usually follow a precendence. I know you have to do abit of fishing and that epona is in it and really I can safely say that is it, I've hardly even read this thread just incase!

I still know much, but its a lot less than what I knew about wind waker. But sometimes I feel this spoilers help in enjoying the game.

Not watching any videos or reading about any spoilers will help improve the "wow" and "shock" factor of the game. I don't want to go to an amazing bit only to feel "I've seen this before", dampening the whole experience.

I'm fighting the urge to spoil myself on an hourly basis. The game cannot come out soon enough - the constant temptation is killing me.

Does anyone feel a damn site better for not having read or watched any movies? I certainly do, this is the first time I will go into a Zelda game completely fresh since Links Awakening, OOT did kinda but knew some stuff, MM knew loads. But for Twilight Princess I barely know a thing, I don't even know where the game starts, although they do all usually follow a precendence. I know you have to do abit of fishing and that epona is in it and really I can safely say that is it, I've hardly even read this thread just incase!

Same. I only know you can turn into a wolf and there's that little person with you. It should be a pleasant surprise...

I think you're one of the only people on the planet going into the game this way.

As much as I respect those that don't spoil the experience for themselves by reading up on all things Zelda, I've come to a conclusion that in the end, it doesn't matter. Your still going to have as much fun as you would have regardless if you came into the game without knowing a thing. However, you may not feel suprised during....suprising moments in the game. Still, even though you aren't going to shocked and yell out "oh wow, I turned into a wolf!", you'll have an equally excited reaction such as "oh hell yeah, I finally turned into a wolf!"

Then again, it does matter what you spoil. In the case of Zelda, if you spoil bosses or items, then I can see how the magic of when you first play might be lost. That said, it doesn't change a thing.

I've stumbled upon several relatively big spoilers so easily recently. Casually browsing 4chan's Videogames board brought a pretty big one crashing down upon me. Well, it was more confirmation, but still spoiltastic.

It's pretty hard to avoid them with everyone going crazy over the game, and whilst I've enjoyed previous Zelda games whilst knowing practically everything that happens in them, I hope to go into Twilight Princess with some air of ambiguity surrounding the plot and characters. It is of course said to contain the best plot of all the games, which alone warrents my desired cluelessness (what a tongue twister).

Here's hoping I don't stumble onto anything else major in these crucial two weeks before the game hits here, I already know far more than I'd like to.

I have managed to get this far with knowing very little about the game. Sure I watched Gamespot for a while when they played the first section but other than that I have seen no spoilers. Im just staying away from various message boards til I have finished the game.

Im not really sure how I am going to avoid spoliers now I will be getting it next year. On the other hand my hype for the game and wii has plummted temporarly so I guess I wont look.

I have managed to get this far with knowing very little about the game. Sure I watched Gamespot for a while when they played the first section but other than that I have seen no spoilers. Im just staying away from various message boards til I have finished the game.

Me too. I ahve resisted going into the spoiler thread. Ive not looked at anything Zelda related in a very long time now. Im proud of myself.

Thsis just makes me even more hyped for the game. Wish i did the same for Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life now :(

The ban from the Zelda thread has provided me with an advantage, that by default, I'm not able to view the spoilers even if temptation gets the better of me.

The ban from the Zelda thread has provided me with an advantage, that by default, I'm not able to view the spoilers even if temptation gets the better of me.

I had myself banned too. I'm too weak to resist clicking spoilers.

Zelda spoilers branch into two categories:

Story spoilers and walkthrough spoilers. I'd consider both lethal to the game's enjoyment on different levels, with walkthrough spoilers ranking a little higher on the spoilometer. There's nothing worse than reading about how to do something or location of an item and remembering it in-game without any effort when it was intended to have you go around looking or something.

Story spoilers are annoying, but forgiveable.

I accidentally went into the other thread yesterday :hmm: , luckily everything was in spoiler tags.

I know too much already, I decided pretty late that I didn't want anymore spoilers but by the looks of things I stopped just in time to shield myself from a few pretty big ones. All I've really seen are a few videos of maybe 2/3 minutes of gameplay but it still feels like too much.

Roll on December 8th!

Wow, I just saw the 6th Zelda Retrospective from GameTrailers. Best story theory I've seen so far, even though they desperately try to force in Zelda I, II and the Oracles.

There are no Twilight Princess spoilers in it (just some footage), only OoT is spoiled for a bit.

I'd actually forgotten about being wolf until somebody posted it in here, I don't even know how that comes about, or what the whole twilight thing is, it does feel odd knowing people have completed it and I'm still waiting to even see the title sequence (yes thats how little I've seen)

Iwata Asks: Volume 5: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess :D

Part 1 - THE INDEFINABLE ESSENCE OF ZELDA

Part 2 - IDEAS BORN OUT OF FUNCTIONALITY

Part 3 - LIKE TRYING TO MOULD CLAY

Part 4 - ALWAYS STRIVING TO STAY TRUE TO THE SPIRIT OF ZELDA

Part 5 - "MAKE IT 120% ZELDA!"

Part 6 - THE HANDS-ON APPROACH

Part 7 - FOCUSING ON THE PLAYER'S PERSPECTIVE

Part 8 - A FIRST-RATE LINK, EVEN BY NINTENDO STANDARDS

Wow, I just saw the 6th Zelda Retrospective from GameTrailers. Best story theory I've seen so far, even though they desperately try to force in Zelda I, II and the Oracles.

There are no Twilight Princess spoilers in it (just some footage), only OoT is spoiled for a bit.

Zelda Timeline for me is: MC>FS>OOT>MM>TP>FSA>WW>PH>LTTP>LA>OOS/OOA>LOZ>AOL.

I don't know why the masses NEED Zelda to follow some kind of story line.

Miyamoto said it himself, a new Link arises when there is danger. There maybe some parallels to previous games, but each new Zelda game is a Zelda on its own.

(This allows them to make any kind of Zelda they want)

Other Nintendo executives have confirmed a timeline

But can we end the timeline talk now please? I know you can't have a Zelda topic without a timeline argument but we've had soooooo many!

I don't know why the masses NEED Zelda to follow some kind of story line.

Miyamoto said it himself, a new Link arises when there is danger. There maybe some parallels to previous games, but each new Zelda game is a Zelda on its own.

(This allows them to make any kind of Zelda they want)

its true that basically each Link is a different person (except OOT and MM), but its always the same Ganon that comes back to conquer Hyrule, so in essence each story is interlinked by Ganon and by the triforce choosing who will be the carrier of the triforce of courage and wisedom.

Windwaker was the most clever in using the timeline. Starting with an ancient story of link deating ganon, but ganon reappearing and not knowing what happens next in the story. So at the start youre left with a kind of sadness that the world you fought for in OOT seemed to have been taken back by Ganon and these question about what this weird water world was.

I just want to make a question to someone thas owns the game...The sword fighting is like this: "When you move your wiimote verticaly link slashes it verticaly,when you move it horizontaly link moves it horizontaly etc..."

or

even if you just shake the wiimote link makes the 3 preconstructed moves in a row (vertical,horizontal,thrust)

??????

Because i played the E3 version of the game in the Athens Wii Event and saddly I discovered I was playing with just shakking the controler :( :(

Anyones thats playing the game as we speak. Give us an answer once and for all without spoilers of course, is this game really too easy as A LOT of people have been saying winning the game in under 30 hours? :hmm: