NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haver

“[Violent games] equivalent to smoking cigarettes”

It's true.

I haven't stopped playing Kingpin since it was released in 1997.

I now have lung cancer.

(joke)

So ridiculous... If you have a child that is gonna copy a violent game then don't let them play it.. parents need to take responsibility and see what games their kids are playing and teach them that there is a difference between games and real life although 99.9% of kids know this and the .1% are just retards.

True, but the fact remains that the kids get their hands on the games anyways. How were we at young age? Just the same.

I don't have much against most of the violent games, but there are a few, eg "Postal 2" that are just plain SICK and should be completely banished from the planet. They're just plain madman violence chopping people's heads off with a shovel AND making racist american comments after doing so. It's just plain disgusting.

The game just leaves a strange, sticky sensation of violent uneasiness to me. I can easily imagine 12year old kids getting brainwashed by that game.

Haha, what a load of cr*beep*.

“Studies prove that these violent video game studies are bad for everyones mental and physical health,†said Jimmy Henriksson, “The health threat involved with such game studies is equivalent to smoking cigarettes.â€

Thank God for that, I actually thought you were being serious!

Athriller, don't you know that jokes are much funnier when they're explained?

Athriller, don't you know that jokes are much funnier when they're explained?

*Makes note of that fact*

I've been playing violent games for ages, nothing violent has come out of me.

People should stop trying to point fingers and blames at the wrong things simply because they can't realise that it's self control that is the determining factor on whether a person chooses to be violent or not.

Violent people chose to be violent, not because a videogame let them to.

I always feel pumped up and want to hurt people after I play violent games but I've got self control. Er ... not sure what my point is.

I don't hurt people even though I want to.

Ha ha.

Indeed, just because you want to hurt some people, doesn't mean you have to, self control as I've said is what really determines whether you go for the move or not.

People that claim to be violent due to videogames in my opinion, had other underlying issues before they started playing such and such. Videogames cannot directly cause violence.

And remember kids: Playing videogames around others isn't just harmful to your health, but theirs too. Passive videogaming, lets stop it.

After reading that I got so angry I killed a man. Next they'll be saying that the Internet makes you violent.

This is lies, when I play Postal 2, it calms me, and when I play UT and sit camping on facing worlds I feel so chilled out.

This is lies, when I play Postal 2, it calms me, and when I play UT and sit camping on facing worlds I feel so chilled out.
The music on Facing Worlds is one of the most annoying things man has ever invented.

After reading that I got so angry I killed a man. Next they'll be saying that the Internet makes you violent.

Haha

People will blame anything they can think of if they think they can get away with something

That quote doesnt give any evidence to support it. I am at university studying Psychology and Media, my exam last year was focused on video games influence. The real research showed that played video games made people more pumped up and excited, but not angry or responsive to stimuli.

what can they come up with next, their retarts themselves

That is frighteningly ironic :heh:

We all know there's something strangely addictive about walking around blowing people's heads off. I can vent my anger out in videogames and be better for the real life.

It's kinda ironic that Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to ban violent videogames.

I remember playing with Terminator 2 figurines when I was 5. Great movie to be marketing to kids.

Bah its only for those crazy super sensitive kids, most of us know not to take things in games seriously

Sign in to follow this