NEurope
Dog-amoto

GAME balls up preorders

My mate just rang me this morning to say he had a letter from GAME telling him that they will be unable to fulfill his preorder. He can either wait on the off chance that they will be allocated more stock or get his £20 back.

I've not had a letter yet, but will be very disappointed if I do as I ordered mine on 29/9 a few days after they started taking preorders. He preordered over 3 weeks ago so anyone who ordered around that time or since would be wise to contact their local store

Good luck

My mate just rang me this morning to say he had a letter from GAME telling him that they will be unable to fulfill his preorder. He can either wait on the off chance that they will be allocated more stock or get his £20 back.

I've not had a letter yet, but will be very disappointed if I do as I ordered mine on 29/9 a few days after they started taking preorders. He preordered over 3 weeks ago so anyone who ordered around that time or since would be wise to contact their local store

Good luck

I'm thinking of preordering mine from the online game store.

GAME balls up preorders

Read: "GAME did what they said would probably happen".

I stopped trusting my local shops ages ago. However I must put my faith in those who are even more unreliable. Royal Mail.

They didn't 'Balls' it up.They had more pre-orders than they were getting allocated so it's not their fault.I've got a pre-order in store and online so I might get one.

Hope I have my GS pre-order though.

I didnt get any letter yet and I've preordered with GAME. They better not have arsed it up, I will be soooooo fucking cross.....

Read: "GAME did what they said would probably happen".

Exactly!!!

They only have my mobile no....:blank:

I preordered yesterday - allthoug the big retail chains don't offer any sort of preordering so far I talked with a guy who works there and he made a list for preorders for customers.

I am on place 19 and he said they will get a higher number in the xx region. So I guess I will get a Wii on 8.12 - even 7.12 maybe because he said he phones us a day before if possible.

Good luck

What number was your mate on the list tho... If he was number 100 then it's understandable, if he was number 10 then that's worrying!

I know its easy to say in hindsight but there is a case for not taking preorders till you know how much stock has been allocated, but in quite a few cases I know it can't work like that. At HMV we get allocated ours on how many preorders, but i guess this is from store to store, so instead of sending say 20 to every store theymay send 30 to one lots of preorders and 10 another. Maybe it only applies to some GAME stores, where they thought they'd get loads more than they did.

I'll find out and let you know. My post was only designed to warn a few of you who have only recently ordered with GAME to check that you would defo be getting one at launch.

I've never heard anything from Game yet. I did pre order about 2 days after they opened so I'm not worried.

Question (sort of on topic)...say I keep my GAME pre order and my Woolworths one...what if Woolworths do get me one on release...can I get my deposit back off GAME after the Wii has been released?

Question (sort of on topic)...say I keep my GAME pre order and my Woolworths one...what if Woolworths do get me one on release...can I get my deposit back off GAME after the Wii has been released?

Yes - That's exactly what I'm doing. I ordered the bundle at PCWorld online because it was a good price but also in Game in town. If PCWorld don't email me to say the order is shipping a few days before release I'll head to town and pick it up from Game. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You can get your deposit back from Game (or use it to buy a remote or something...)

If GAME have Wii's.. and you make a pre-order they will not be obliged to refund you with cash.

If they definitely cannot allocate you one, then under trading standards laws they have broken their agreement and will offer you cash back or give you an idea of how long you have to wait.

But if they're in stock (and production says they will be) then chances are they'll say store credit or buy the damned console. As they have met their part of the deal.

If you play your cards right you could buy from one shop.. go back, get a store credit and buy Wii Points/other games or whatever you need. But they might not give you that option of a store credit.

Haha, ok, the plan now, is to go GAME in the morning and get the Wii and games...then i'll go wooloworths...if they don't have any i'll cancel my order and keep the GAME wii, but if they do and i've been charged i'll take the other Wii back to GAME, lol.

Haha, ok, the plan now, is to go GAME in the morning and get the Wii and games...then i'll go wooloworths...if they don't have any i'll cancel my order and keep the GAME wii, but if they do and i've been charged i'll take the other Wii back to GAME, lol.

Not sure you'll be able to get a refund on the Wii....

How about go see if GAME has a Wii for you, then go to woolworths and see if you've been charged, if not cancel it and go back to GAME and get it there, if you have take it and go back go GAME and get store credit.

However, if someone does get a Wii too many.. I'll take it off your hands. I'll even pay more than you payed. I might not get one at launch, even though I've preordered two places.. >.<

I hate GAME, they are useless. Recently ordered a NEW copy of Killer 7 from GAME, not only was it not sealed but the box was battered :( very disappointing.

Not sure you'll be able to get a refund on the Wii....

I assume they'd have to. As long as I didn't open it they'd have to refund me.

I prii ordered at gamestation, woo!

eyup, i see you sneaking that one in........

I'm going to GAME this Sunday to ask about that job interview i had and about the Wii, see how many they're getting, etc. I pre-orded mine on the 25th September, just thoght that wasnt long away, but October is between September and November. duuuh.

Thats annoying to get a ltter, wouldnt be easier if they phoned you.

Im happy as im number 2 in the list at my GAME i think. Should definitely get one.