NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

That's what I thought, the game has just the 360 tags in the site source, whereas other games have multiple if multiplatform. There's no official confirmation, however. Your scenario makes sense though, there's no logical, unmoneyhatted reason this is is a 360 exclusive.
Even if it's ported to the PS3 later on, the fact that it gets a head start in the console that doesn't sell equals to moneyhat.

Hell, if I knew how to write in Japanese I'd be sending Namco Japan Hatemail.

Seconded, just viewed the HD trailer and I don't understand how they could possibly justify that much production value for so little audience.

It is a promising game though, Vesperia.

Even if it's ported to the PS3 later on, the fact that it gets a head start in the console that doesn't sell equals to moneyhat.

Hell, if I knew how to write in Japanese I'd be sending Namco Japan Hatemail.

There's nothing to suggest it'll even get a headstart. It's likely the 360 version is the primary build yeah, but a PS3 version is probably being worked on simaltaneously and they'll both be released together.

On the other hand though it would be very Namcom to release the 360 version with the full intention of releasing a PS3 version slightly later with a huge amount of extra content, in the hope tons of fans will buy a second copy of the game just for the extras, like so often happens with hardcore RPG fanatics.

There's nothing to suggest it'll even get a headstart. It's likely the 360 version is the primary build yeah, but a PS3 version is probably being worked on simaltaneously and they'll both be released together.
The metatags on the website originally mentioning X360 don't imply that?

vesperia360.png

On the other hand though it would be very Namcom to release the 360 version with the full intention of releasing a PS3 version slightly later with a huge amount of extra content, in the hope tons of fans will buy a second copy of the game just for the extras, like so often happens with hardcore RPG fanatics.
When the original on X360 sells so little they wouldn't even need extra content, it's more like if they're asking for forgiveness for taking so long; I don't think they're doing it to make people buy it a second time on that basis; even because for X360 it'll be downloadable content.

And if they're doing that, port this crap onto the Wii; If they do I'll forgive them. (won't happen but that doesn't change anything)

Namco Bandai just registered these:

Tales of the Genesis (Video Game, Toy, Streaming Content)

Tales of the Nexus (Video Game, Toy, Streaming Content)

Tales of Hearts (Video Game, Toy, Streaming Content)

They usually register 3 potential titles for each Tales game and then decide to go with one of them; so... this is probably a new Tales game in development

Look at this threads first post though:

Namco is also working on another RPG - Tales of Heart for the Nintendo Wii.

Heart, Hearts... it was registered a second time, no doubt, with a small diference (plural against non-plural); some rumors just won't die.

This thread needs a new title. Are we talking about Sword of Legendia, Tales of Vesperia or Tales of Heart(s)?

This thread needs a new title. Are we talking about Sword of Legendia, Tales of Vesperia or Tales of Heart(s)?
Everything, from speculation to unannounced Tales games that don't fit in any other thread.

No point in creating one every time some potential wii trademark appears.

Tales of Genisis could be about Kratos and Yggdrassial during their war with pacts, clashes and Derris Kharlan.

Also Tales of the Hearts could imply lifeless beings in an obscure sense.

Tales of Genisis could be about Kratos and Yggdrassial during their war with pacts, clashes and Derris Kharlan.
Precisely :P

We shouldn't get our hopes too high though, but would be nice.

Also Tales of the Hearts could imply lifeless beings in an obscure sense.
erm...

Shadow_Heartless_300.gif

Yea, would be good if it was for the Wii. I've been lead up to think the Wii will get another one (360) so i'll remain calm for now.

What does it mean by "streaming content"?

Wiiware?

I hope its a Wii game, maybe if we're lucky it will be the prequel to symphonia.

What does it mean by "streaming content"?
No idea, could even be "streaming content from the DVD disc"; but I hope it isn't Wiiware, or XBLA/PSN for that matter.

Well we all knew this was coming for the 360 but now its official.

Japan's most popular non-Square-Enix RPG series comes to Xbox 360

Article writ by Nick Des Barres

"On a freezing, rainy day in January, play editors Nick Des Barres and Dai Kohama were invited to Namco Bandai's Tokyo offices for an exclusive glimpse at a top-secret new project, the existence of which had only been made known two weeks before: Tales of Vesperia. A stunning 720p teaser trailer released to the net on the last day of 2007 confirmed that Japan's third-most popular RPG series was going gloriously next-gen, with an aesthetic that can only be describe as "living anime". The trailer made it clear we were dealing with a high-def game, and to paraphrase a statement made by director Yosh[ito] Higuchi in the days following the teaser's release, "that can only mean one of two systems."

Imagine our surprise when we entered a Namco Bandai conference room to find an elaborate shrine-like display of the Tales series's past triumphs...and a lone Xbox 360. The company has been famously high on Microsoft's 'box of late, blessing it with games like Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, and Eternal Sonata, but the Tales series represents what is arguably the most valuable non-anime brand the company controls in Japan. And it goes without saying, Japan hasn't been too hot on 360. While the revelation of platform proved a shock, so did the quality of the game-but for completely different reasons. Tales of Vesperia manages to trump Ubisoft's Naruto and Namco's own Japan-only iDOLM@STER visually, with jaw-dropping next-gen cel shading and huge, expansive background vistas that seem straight out of a Studio Ghibli film. Best realtime 3-D anime visuals ever? Take a look at these screens and get back to me.

What can we expect from the game itself? More trademark RPG excellence from Team Symphonia (responsible for Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube, and Tales of the Abyss on Playstation 2), with instantly-likeable characters, cunning puzzle dungeons, and, of course, frenetic, pyrotechnic, fighting game-inspired realtime action battles. Vesperia will mark the series's tenth anniversary in North America, and Namco is promising for the first time ever to put real muscle behind its English release. Both Symphonia and Abyss are generally considered to be among the finest J-RPG localizations of all time, so it would seem safe to assume this game will be just as good, if not better. As to when this role-playing animextravaganza might be spinning in our Xboxen, the teaser trailer touted only a release date of "2008" (Namco's lips are sealed on the matter, but the smart money for the initial Japanese release would seem to be fourth quarter).

We wish we were able to tell you more about Tales of Vesperia, but play necessarily walked into Namco Bandai's lair as information virgins, armed only with what we could clean from watching the one minute, fifty-second teaser for hours on end. Although director Higuchi and producer Tsutomu Gouda were unforthcoming with many details (such as the names of any characters besides protagonist Yuri and apparent antagonist Flynn), they were surprisingly candid about other aspects, including the reality of the Xbox 360's current situation in Japan and the perception of the Tales series around the world. It was clear they are very excited about their new baby, and it was impossible not to get swept up by their enthusiasm."

tales3-1.jpg

tales2-1.jpg

tales1-1.jpg

Hmm... well maybe we'll get a Tales of Symphonia 3 on the Wii, eh?

"It was clear they are very excited about their new baby, and it was impossible not to get swept up by their enthusiasm." I've never read anything like that relating to ToS2. :(

Well I have to say this. After reading that, i'm rather pissed off with Namco now.

How can they be positive by a console which has bombed in Japan and no game will do that well there and how can they be enthuastic with crappy sales.

Dammit Namco you had a chance to do well with a good ToS 2. They should of used Team Symphonia for a highly regarded game through the world instead of a bunch of newbies and send the good team to a game that will flop cause of the console choice.

Well I have to say this. After reading that, i'm rather pissed off with Namco now.
90% of Team Symphonia is doing this; guess who's doing Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World then.
How can they be positive by a console which has bombed in Japan and no game will do that well there and how can they be enthuastic with crappy sales.
They have their pockets stuffed through other means I guess.
Dammit Namco you had a chance to do well with a good ToS 2. They should of used Team Symphonia for a highly regarded game through the world instead of a bunch of newbies and send the good team to a game that will flop cause of the console choice.
I believe ToS2 will still be a good game, but... it's a game who uses recycled assets, recycled engine, monsters, etc

Would only be ok if it was the only home console Tales game, that or... if Vesperia was also for Wii or something like that. Otherwise... it's getting the shortest end of the stick.

I just sent them a e-mail, to pretty much every division of US and PAL regions.

Some guys they found out in the street.

If ToS 2 doesn't end up good(it's looking that way) , as much as I want a sequal, I would rather not have a sequal. It would ruin Symphonia for me. Already it doesn't sound as good with that damn monster catching, we have enough games with that, it's not cool to add it in. Then there won't nearly be as many side quests, there's no affection system and to top it off a lack of exploring the real world.

What is it with Namco? Why torture us? You know it was a damn popular game, so why screw the fans?

Bah to it all.

What is it with Namco? Why torture us? You know it was a damn popular game, so why screw the fans?

Bah to it all.

Write them a e-mail, the more the merrier.

Screw that, do a turd in a box and send it to their main office and it will signify the the kind of buisness decisions they're making.

As much as I love Namco, they annoy me so much more than NoE. Yea people, I went there.

One of my top games of all time, is getting a sloppy sequal. Why not do what the fans want instead of adding just what they like >.<

I know it'll do very little but yea I will send an e-mail when I get home.

Seriously guys why bother writing an email. At the end of the day Namco are a business and if someone is going to stuff their pockets with money for an exclusive title then they would be foolish to say no.

To be fair many are reporting that its only timed exclusive and the PS3 will be getting it aswell at some point just like Eternal Sonata.

To be fair many are reporting that its only timed exclusive and the PS3 will be getting it aswell at some point just like Eteral Sonata.
That doesn't solve the biggest reason why I'm pissed of at them.

I couldn't care less PS3 gets it as well. this said... PS3 would make a lot more sense than X360 does.

What I want is effort, best personnel and ambition on the Wii, not recycled ports disguised as sequels who are likely to sell more than the main installment.

If anyone is risking running their own franchise into the ground it's them.