NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

Now that's how Tales of battles should be done on the Wii. Fast paced and smooth throughout.

Not only just on the Wii but also the HD ones, amazing how there is still a bit of loading in Vesperia.

Well it certainly looks the part.

Battles seem to require a greater emphasis on defending and then counter attacking rather than run right up and hit them with your best combo. I'm guessing that's a direct result of the Chain Capacity mechanic used for battles - trying to introduce some strategic depth to them.

Edited by Captain Falcon

run right up and hit them with your best combo.

Shit. My main tactic ruined. :(

Battles seem to require a greater emphasis on defending and then counter attacking

I must disagree, what I saw in the video was running up to them, a lot of strafing round and raping them from behind. Not much defending at all. Only defending at the normal moments.

Which to be fair is my normal tactic, after running up to them and unleashing a sexy combo.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Shit. My main tactic ruined. :(

I must disagree, what I saw in the video was running up to them, a lot of strafing round and raping them from behind. Not much defending at all. Only defending at the normal moments.

Which to be fair is my normal tactic, after running up to them and unleashing a sexy combo.

Well, apart from basic movement, everything you do uses your TP so you can't remain on the offensive indefinitely. Waiting until you are able to maneuver yourself behind the enemy before attacking to make the absolute most of your points is a relatively big departure for those used to the westernized Tales of... games (obviously not an issue for Japanese gamers).

Well, apart from basic movement, everything you do uses your TP so you can't remain on the offensive indefinitely. Waiting until you are able to maneuver yourself behind the enemy before attacking to make the absolute most of your points is a relatively big departure for those used to the westernized Tales of... games (obviously not an issue for Japanese gamers).

What are you talking about? I used that tactic all the time. It's no departure for me.

Tales Studio In Financial Danger

Apparently this blog post is saying the Tales studio is in trouble. Can't read it but the guys over at the Tales forums are saying that's the case...

No surprise since they've been milking them out since 2006 on every platform. I guess this is partly the reason for Graces not coming over? :/ Hopefully they get things straightened out since Tales is my favorite series...

First Cing,Marvelous Entertainment and now Tales Studio (Namco).

Oh dear god no, hope things get sorted out, Graces better get a Western release or I'll be a sad bunny :cry:

Not terribly surprised by this, given how they slacked a lot at DotNW, DS Tales games weren't great and they absolutely screwed up on Tales of Graces Japanese release and bitched about the market and not releasing Graces to the west.

I certainly hope they get out of it though, I love me my 'Tales of...' games regardless.

Tales Studio In Financial Danger

First Cing,Marvelous Entertainment and now Tales Studio (Namco).

Thats what you get for putting a mainline title on the console that sold like shit in Japan and give the biggest selling console this gen shit, leaving a bad taste in their mouth.