NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

I literally want to have sex with this game.

And what's the DS thing about?

Ah so I'm not the only one then, a mass Tales of Graces orgy is called for then upon its release... :heh:

The 'DS thing' is a downloadable mini-game. :)

Cool, DS compatibility is getting big now, Guitar Hero 5 has it too. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet though...

Namco Bandai Planning DSiWare Tales Mini Game

The latest batch of Tales of Graces screenshots has something that doesn't look much like a Wii game.

Tales of Graces includes a DS mini game. Titled Kamenin Merchant, the mini game is downloadable from Tales of Graces to your DS using DS Download Play.

In the mini game, you explore randomly generated dungeons, defeating monsters, leveling up, and making use of dropped items and equipment.

The mini game ties into Graces in more ways than just the initial download. Once you've defeated the mini game's bosses, you can transfer your play results back to the Wii to more quickly obtain rare items. Your progress in Graces adds more stages to the mini game.

Kamenin Merchant looks like it will add a new side to Tales of Graces: multiplayer. Using DS Wireless Play, four players can team up in the mini game to take on tough bosses.

Do you like what you see in Kamenin Merchant but would rather not buy a full Tales game to play it? You may not have to. Namco Bandai says that it plans on releasing Kamenin Merchant! as a solo DSiWare app.

The Graces screenshot update also includes a first look at a new character, Richard. Prince of Windol Kingdom, the 19-year-old Richard is loved by the kingdom's citizens. He does not like conflict, and his pained by the political battles that are waging surrounding the successor to the throne. Richard and main character Aspel's are friends, having met in their youth.

In addition to the new character, Namco Bandai provided a look today at the game's "Dualize" item synthesis system. You can use this system to strengthen your weapons, prepare food, and more. The system is apparently simple to use, requiring that you simply select two items.

I want this game NOW!!!!

It's funny looking at the shitty Tales Of Symphonia 2 screenshots when looking at pics of these.

Edited by killer kirby

It's a Wii game? Thought if was for DS so I assumed it was never going to be released and didn't look in the thread until now. Has it been confirmed/denied for a release outside Japan?

It's a Wii game? Thought if was for DS so I assumed it was never going to be released and didn't look in the thread until now. Has it been confirmed/denied for a release outside Japan?

I dont know how you mistaken this as a DS game when it is in the Wii Discussion boards.

The game hasn't been released yet in Japan but it will probably come out late 2010 over here.

New scan:

15222wwwdotuporg3511491.jpg

Scan Info:

-There's a special area in the game called "Riot Beak" where it's kind of a survival run. You pick your characters and go through several floors.

-Throughout the game you'll find cards, which have characters from various Tales games on them. You can use them in a minigame where you use the cards in a playing card game.

-There are various vehicles you can use for transportation, like the airship Shatle.

-There are swimsuit titles.

-For buying the Opening Song's single CD, you get a costume for Cheria.

-The Dramitic DVD includes: VA interviews, Special Skit Drama, collection of the various PVs, and the Tales of Stage Event that took place in the Tokyo Game Show this year.

I grow tired as fuck viewing scans of games for years on end. When are all these wii RPGs actually going to come out?

I dont know how you mistaken this as a DS game when it is in the Wii Discussion boards.

The game hasn't been released yet in Japan but it will probably come out late 2010 over here.

New scan:

15222wwwdotuporg3511491.jpg

Scan Info:

-There's a special area in the game called "Riot Beak" where it's kind of a survival run. You pick your characters and go through several floors.

-Throughout the game you'll find cards, which have characters from various Tales games on them. You can use them in a minigame where you use the cards in a playing card game.

-There are various vehicles you can use for transportation, like the airship Shatle.

-There are swimsuit titles.

-For buying the Opening Song's single CD, you get a costume for Cheria.

-The Dramitic DVD includes: VA interviews, Special Skit Drama, collection of the various PVs, and the Tales of Stage Event that took place in the Tokyo Game Show this year.

Sorry, but I'm using the "new post" options every time I come here so I rarely pay attention to what board a game is posted on.

Way to build up my hype levels despite having possibly a year more of a wait for it. Gotta agree with killer kirby that this ones presentation puts Symphonia 2 to shame.

Makes me question whether to get Symphonia 2 now.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Bit of details from Famitsu's review taken from gonintendo (who got it from 1up)

- Tales of Graces (9/9/9/9, 36 points): Namco's latest Tales game, out on the Wii this time, gets typically Tales-like scores. "It just feels like everything they could've possibly implemented, they've done," one wrote. "Trying to master every aspect of the game system takes some getting used to, but the game's approachable enough that you never feel like you're expending much effort on that process."

This Tales is a fair bit different system-wise from other titles in the series. "The evasion system in battle has been upgraded, and the action and strategic elements are both improved from before," as one writer put it. "Maybe it's because the battles are too fast-paced, but the loads after battle seem a bit long to me."

So it's like that bullshit you had to go through in Wind Waker for one Triforce Piece, but optional? I'm liking it already.

Media Create

02 . [WII] Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Namco Bandai) - 137.431 / 137.431

02 . [WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai) - 143.000 / 143.000

Famitsu

01 . [WII] Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Namco Bandai) - 151.138 / 151.138

02 . [WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai) - 143.000 / 143.000

Famitsu:

Hardware:						
Wii	142.000
PS3	 76.000
PSP	 71.000
DSi	 70.000
DSiLL	 60.000
DSL	 10.000
X360      10.000+
PSPgo	  3.300

Media Create Sales: Dec 7 - 13

01. / 01. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 431.000 / 1.366.000 (-54%)

02. / 00. [WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai) - 143.000 / NEW

03. / 06. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 102.000 / 1.924.000 (+36%)

04. / 00. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix) - 93.000 / NEW

05. / 00. [PSP] Naruto: Shippuden Narutimate Accelerator 3 (Namco Bandai) - 76.000 / NEW

06. / 08. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 75.000 / 3.228.000 (+19%)

07. / 02. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega) - 74.000 / 361.000 (-74%)

08. / 09. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 64.000 / 1.109.000 (+23%)

09. / 07. [WII] PokePark Wii: Picachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.) - 57.000 / 121.000 (-11%)

10. / 03. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus (Namco Bandai) - 56.000 / 279.000 (-75%)

11. / 05. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level 5)

12. / 00. [360] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)

13. / 13. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)

14. / 00. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)

15. / 00. [PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)

16. / 04. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei)

17. / 18. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)

18. / 20. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Dodon to 2 Yome! (Namco Bandai)

19. / 00. [NDS] Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (Marvelous Entertainment)

20. / 21. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)

21. / 24. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

22. / 12. [NDS] Powerful Pro-Kun Pocket 12 (Konami)

23. / 00. [NDS] 9 Doors of 9 People of 9 Hours (Spike)

24. / 17. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson)

25. / 10. [PS3] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)

26. / 22. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)

27. / 27. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

28. / 14. [NDS] Metal Fight Beyblade: Bakutan Cyber Pegasus (Hudson)

29. / 19. [NDS] Stitch! Ohana to Rhythm de Daibouken (Disney Interactive)

30. / 11. [PSP] Tokimeki Memorial 4 (Konami)

The Grind have had a little hands on time.

On the gameplay side, one interesting note is that Namco has done away with the overworld map. Instead, all of the towns are connected in one relatively seamless series of screens, much in the same way as Final Fantasy X. It has the effect of making the world seem bigger, so it's not a bad addition. The downside in FFX, of course, was that it made the game feel considerably more linear. Tales seems to suffer from this a bit less so far, but it's hard to tell this early.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9013542

I thought we already knew this about the the swapping of the traditional overworld for something more akin to action adventure games.