NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

Well if this one isn't for Wii one of the others annouced is bound to be, or they'll just have another RPG in developement somewhere.

Odd choice in the 360 though, especially after Eternal Sonata flopped heavy. I'm guessing Microsoft are offering more incentives, or maybe Namco are just stupid.

Well if this one isn't for Wii one of the others annouced is bound to be, or they'll just have another RPG in developement somewhere.

Odd choice in the 360 though, especially after Eternal Sonata flopped heavy. I'm guessing Microsoft are offering more incentives, or maybe Namco are just stupid.

Bill gates must have gave Namco their Christmas present early.

It is an odd choice to put it on the 360. If it had been on the PS3 I could see why as it still has a loyal following in Japan and they go nuts for RPGs but the 360 over there is pretty much dead.

Even if there isnt another Tales game announced for the Wii we still have Symphonia 2 and the Tales game on the DS.

There's that Sword of Legendia too, although it seems to have disappeared :/.

The RPG's are bound to come sooner or later anyway, we all saw what happend once DS won the Japanese market. Now the Wii is doing the same in Japan it's surely only a matter of time :P.

Moneyhats. Better 360 than PS3, since I'm more likely to get a 360 first :P

I was going to post my speculation on it being a 360 game yesterday but was way too busy to get round to it. If you think about it logically its not such a bad idea. Square enix already has a good footing on the playstation platform with the final fantasy series. Infact some people will be buying this console just for this game and they will feel that, that is money well spent. Now final fantasy isn't as prominent on the wii or xbox 360, but Square Enix are making some moves on those consoles with their games. So considering the two the winner will most likely be who can get their foot through the door first, and do it well.

Not good news at all. I actually decided to forget all plans about getting a 360 last week and get PS3 with FFXIII instead. Now I'm not so sure anymore. One thing for sure, I won't be getting both.

Not good news at all. I actually decided to forget all plans about getting a 360 last week and get PS3 with FFXIII instead. Now I'm not so sure anymore. One thing for sure, I won't be getting both.
this will sell so bad in Japan that even if it's a X360 game they'd have to be totally nuts to not port it to PS3; so, unless Eternal Sonata port totally flops this one has even less reasons to stay exclusive.

This said, they had to be kinda stupid to make a new Tales with their money for PS3 with it's current sales in Japan.

And I've seen nothing, (minus resolution) that the Wii couldn't pull, for god's sake, that city is made of plain surfaces and low polygon, I think Zelda TP tops that; and Cell shading quality is Wind Waker-esque (minus the realistic characters, but that's up artistic direction)

In short, they could make this shit a Wii game easily; and should considering our platform is leading worldwide and we're getting a recycled spin-off sequel.

Will they? I doubt, it's Namco and this is Wii, but that doesn't mean I agree with them.

*sigh* why am I not suprised? We should have learnt our lessons by now. How many new Tales games announcements have there been and how many times have we wished it on Gamecube or Wii only to be left disappointed.

I for one never ever thought this would be for Wii. If it turned out that way I would be happily suprised, but I know better than that.

Why do they support consoles which clearly have no use of getting the game. Namco I wonder what kind of 'gifts' you get from other companies.

Just be glad it wasn't a fandom 3
I'd be glad if it was. I mean... "Tales of Fandom - now exclusive for the X360". And that too, had to be moneyhatted if it ever happened.

You never know it could turn out to be a big smouldering pile of turd, although that is probably more likely to happen to tos 2 than this. But I think they are tying to grasp the rpg market on 360 no matter how niche that may be, before Square do.

You never know it could turn out to be a big smouldering pile of turd, although that is probably more likely to happen to tos 2 than this. But I think they are tying to grasp the rpg market on 360 no matter how niche that may be, before Square do.
Wow, nice try Namco; they throw a recycled spin-off at us on the Wii, where Square didn't go full power yet as well... and yet they invest more in a minor market? riiiight.

They'd be better off at least tapping the Wii hardware until Zelda TP levels and do a game with it, and doing something called effort.

Yeah, but at the end of the day this is a business and if someone shoves cash at you to make a game then they are clearly going to take it. Im not saying its right though. Its an ugly side to the business where money can pretty much get you anything.

I wonder what the deal is with Namco? I mean they also made Ace Combat 6 exclusive on the 360 aswell.

I honestly dont think decisions to put the main games of virtually any franchise on 360/PS3 over Wii has anything to do with striking deals or business, it's just most developers prefer to see their creations in full HD and see how much they can do with their game worlds graphics and physics wise with the ridiculous amounts of power they're offered. If the case is too that they don't think a downscaled version of a 360 or PS3 game they're working on (any developer I mean) really will have a HUGE market on Wii then they don't go through the huge effort to do it.

As it stands we're not seeing any proof as of yet that 1:1 is possible for much on Wii, which means the system only provides a truly "better" experience in specific types of game and can't improve everything.

That argument doesn't hold any ground whatsoever, as Tales games have never been in it for the graphics (ToS was an average game graphically, and the physics were terrible) and the fact that 1:1 (or Wiimote controls at all) is really not the point of Tales coming to Wii. The Wii having a large Tales fanbase should give us more than just ToS 2: Rehash.

That last paragraph doesn't make sense at all and has nothing to with Tales. The Wii is not a simulation machine.

My post was had virtually nothing to do with Tales and I tried to make that clear, it was just concerning developers and games in general. I posted it simply because it seemed kinda relevant to the fact people are fuming a big entry in the series isn't coming to the system and we're getting a sequel.

The fact is, whether or not the Tales games have ever "been about graphics" is irrelevant, because more power doesn't just offer better visuals, you can get expanded gameplay possibilities (when used properly anyway). Also just because graphics weren't exactly the main focus of TOS doesn't mean the Tales developers don't LIKE their games to look nice. The cel shading in Vesperia for the record could likely not be done on Wii, I think it's a lot more advanced than a quick glance would have you realise but it doesn't seem like a "huge leap" because it's virtually the limit you can really reach with cel shading.

Anyway plain and simple the way I see it is the developers feel that there were already plenty of "current gen" 3D Tales titles and that making another main entry on the Wii would be virtually the equivalent of just making another one on PS2 or Gamecube as the visual differences would be minimal. I think the team wanted a big change of hardware and a new challenge, simple as that, even if extra power wouldn't necessarily automatically do wonders for the franchise. I mean hell there's plenty of franchises that don't really "need" the extra power and COULD actually benefit on Wii but they end up on 360 or PS3 anyway. It's just what the developers feel is "right" I think and they see the Wii as a system for "experimental spin offs" and well, easy cash ins.

While all that's true, the things you say apply only to an incredibly small amount to Tales, and those reasons, under normal circumstances, would've been defeated by common sense. The title would have been far, far more logical on PS3 than on 360 - there has got to have been serious action from Microsoft to get this game.

Wow, that's a shortsighted view on the market. Moneyhats have been ruling most companies for quite a while, if you don't see them you have to look closer. You think Namco would invest a huge amount of money on making a game that will most likely sell like shit just because they want to do things in HD? (which means spending more money, time and resources)

The title would have been far, far more logical on PS3 than on 360

I thought it was on both? There's no way it's a 360 exclusive... Likely scenario is just like the majority of next gen games it's being developed for the 360 first due to the hardware being easier to work with, then will be ported to PS3.

I thought it was on both? There's no way it's a 360 exclusive... Likely scenario is just like the majority of next gen games it's being developed for the 360 first due to the hardware being easier to work with, then will be ported to PS3.
That's what I thought, the game has just the 360 tags in the site source, whereas other games have multiple if multiplatform. There's no official confirmation, however. Your scenario makes sense though, there's no logical, unmoneyhatted reason this is is a 360 exclusive.