NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

A rumor, as of yet, and found in Brazilian Portuguese:

Producer Bandai Namco presented in Japan new games of the RPG series "Tales of". As they started out the presentation, the company said that their next main project would be on the Wii. So far, Nintendo's console only had recieved a paralel spin-off of "Tales of Symphonia".
Source: http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultnot/multi/2008/07/07/ult530u6178.jhtm

Could Namco have developed... say, two brain cells?

So what will it be this time. The GBA port of Phantasia on Wii Ware?

Hmm. There's definately something in that, and it seems to positive. Then again, it doesn't mention it will be exclusively on Wii, and it doesn't really confirm it will be a Tales game at all, considering this was a Bandai Namco presentation, not a Tales Studio one.

What have we heard of Sword of Legendia since it's initial announcement in, what, 2006? Bugger all, right?

Hmm. There's definately something in that, and it seems to positive. Then again, it doesn't mention it will be exclusively on Wii, and it doesn't really confirm it will be a Tales game at all, considering this was a Bandai Namco presentation, not a Tales Studio one.
It was supposedly one of those "tales of"-only presentations, and if, the translation isn't screwed... they talked specifically about the next installment.

Of course, they could be throwing sand at us, like ToS2 came to be,, this is Scamco.

What have we heard of Sword of Legendia since it's initial announcement in, what, 2006? Bugger all, right?
We've heard two months ago or so, that' development is on-going and that it is not a Tales game. (and is not a Tales Studio game either)

Awwww, I want N-E to interview these Namco morrons. :yay:

So what will it be this time. The GBA port of Phantasia on Wii Ware?

That would be fucking amazing.

From what I hear the SNES version would be better (translated too of course)

From what I hear the SNES version would be better (translated too of course)

Yeah, I read fast, I wanted the SNES version :P Or the option to change between sprites!

No, the SNES version on VC would be fucking amazing.

The GBA version on Wii Ware would suck. The GBA version was perhaps the worst port I've ever played. And knowing Namco, that's the version they would use.

GoNintendo have posted an apparently leaked vid from the new Tales game. The trailer is due to hit 18th December officially.

NeoGaf have posted an apparently leaked vid from the new Tales game. The trailer is due to hit 18th December officially.

Awesome. :D

I'm sold - but I'd wish they'd get round to releasing DotNW over here before announcing the next game in the series.

Loving it.

Looks certain it won't be in the Symphonia timeline but i'm cool with that so long as the game rocks.

Though there were 3 areas in that video that reminded me of areas we know

at 0.22, makes me think of Asgard but it's developed more (after many many years passing)

at 0.24, Flanoir?

at 0.25, Meltokio (also the "gate" bit at the end)

Could be totally wrong though

I'm sold - but I'd wish they'd get round to releasing DotNW over here before announcing the next game in the series.

I'm so glad I imported... even if it means not updating my Wii, I don't care :indeed:

Trailer music is Tales of Destiny 2: "Decision to the Future - Mist".

could this be Tales of Destiny 3?

Loving it.

Looks certain it won't be in the Symphonia timeline but i'm cool with that so long as the game rocks.

Though there were 3 areas in that video that reminded me of areas we know

at 0.22, makes me think of Asgard but it's developed more (after many many years passing)

at 0.24, Flanoir?

at 0.25, Meltokio (also the "gate" bit at the end)

Could be totally wrong though

I thought that same thing about Asgard, and now you've mentioned the other parts, I can see the resemblance there too.

Trailer music is Tales of Destiny 2: "Decision to the Future - Mist".

could this be Tales of Destiny 3?

I hope it's not:

-Tales of Destiny (PS1) - Never released in Europe. There was an english translation, but the japanese voices remained unchanged;

-Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2) - Never left Japan.

All subsequent ports and remakes never left Japan either.

So if it's Tales of Destiny 3... odds are, we'll never see it.

It looks quite beautiful. And yes, I did notice a few locales seemed familiar. I don't mind it being set in the same world, as long as the world has changed enough to feel distinct, and that there are plenty of new places (those dungeons seemed nice and new though).

I remmber battling monsters in Symphonia on a 2D plain felt tighter than any fully 3D fighting in other games, so I hope there's at least an option to battle in that same style.

Hmm its that guy from that leaked screenshot. Well day one purchase either way. Although I would expect namco to be able to spell series properly.....

Btw. it seems that the fighting system is 3D (there were some 3D moves in it). I am mentioning this because of the music. From what I remember Destiny did use a 2D fighting system, didn't it?

@Jonnas:

Maybe you will be able to buy it together with the two previous games in Europe.

However, I somehow doubt it (my previous sentence and that it will be Tales of Destiny 3).

It is already impressive if Tales of games get one successor but even two?

However, it is likely though that the same team that worked on Destiny might work on this one.

However, only time will tell :) And I hope that Namco Bandai has finally started to bring all their games into US/Europe territory too.

@Mokong X-C:

This might be so, but I also think that some scenes look like scenes in Legendia but eventually I think we didn't see enough to say anything regarding this matter.

Not to mention the chance is high that some things like at least likely after doing many games (there aren't so extremely much possibilities regarding terrain etc.).

If the cities look similar to those in Symphonia but more developed could this be set between the symphonias and phantasia? The world was much more developed in phantasia but had mostly the same layout as that in DotNW.

Any word yet on what team is doing this?

@Jonnas:

Maybe you will be able to buy it together with the two previous games in Europe.

However, I somehow doubt it (my previous sentence and that it will be Tales of Destiny 3).

It is already impressive if Tales of games get one successor but even two?

However, it is likely though that the same team that worked on Destiny might work on this one.

However, only time will tell :) And I hope that Namco Bandai has finally started to bring all their games into US/Europe territory too.

Well, I wouldn't mind if they pulled a "symphonia". It's in the same world as a previous tales game, but there's barely any connection between the two.

Well looks like this could be the trailer that got the 'leaked' image since it was in the trailer. Cel shading looks pretty good aswell. Instant buy anyway.