NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

if the jeux france rumours are true i better start playing top again as i sort of gave up on it.

lets hope all the ps tales games get released on nintendo systems then i could rub it in this guys face.

but reading hero of times post it dosent sound likely that ninty systems will get any tales soon.

if the jeux france rumours are true i better start playing top again as i sort of gave up on it.

lets hope all the ps tales games get released on nintendo systems then i could rub it in this guys face.

but reading hero of times post it dosent sound likely that ninty systems will get any tales soon.

Yeah Im hoping we get some Tales love on the Wii.

Heres the pic of the PS2 game/demo thingy whatever it is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5585937&postcount=1

EDIT: It seems that there was also fanwank disc of same name for PSX.
Yes, there was... it was a dialog based kind of thing (talk about milking franchises), this one seems based only in Kosuke Fujishima's work (phantasia, symphonia and abyss) whereas the other was based on Mutsumi Inomata's work (Eternia, Destiny, Rebirth).
Yeah Im hoping we get some Tales love on the Wii.

Heres the pic of the PS2 game/demo thingy whatever it is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5585937&postcount=1

Tales of Fandom Vol. II... run, the world's gonna come to an end!

I never thought they'd have the courage to make a new one. And it seems like it's a standalone thing for that mater.

I hope they have more announcements.

All I know from namco is that it involves tales of abyss as fact. Possibly a collectors edition like what was done with symphonia.

All I know from namco is that it involves tales of abyss as fact. Possibly a collectors edition like what was done with symphonia.
I'll be happy as long as the tales of the Abyss rumor for Wii turns out true.

Collectors edition would be neat, but you just know when Namco ports a game they are bound to give it extras, they don't know how to port otherwise.

Expect extra FMV's and clothing in it.

You missed out some amazing battles. Like how the tos collectors edition had that Vs. Mithos, Kratos and Yuan Battle. + many others.

You missed out some amazing battles. Like how the tos collectors edition had that Vs. Mithos, Kratos and Yuan Battle. + many others.
I didn't knew there was a cube collectors edition. :woops:

darn, it must be hard to get it on ebay.

I havent even played ToS. I cant find it cheap. I dont want to spen £32 on a preonwed copy of it in Gamestation. I think I might make an ebay account.

I really hope that isn't the all of the Tales stuff we we're gonna hear about.Really dissapointing and it's for the PS2...

I really hope that isn't the all of the Tales stuff we we're gonna hear about.Really dissapointing and it's for the PS2...
I kind doubt it, why making a important statement for a game like this?

The reason why it seems so important is that Team Destiny and Team Symphonia's new projects are still unknown; Abyss came out in Japan 1 year and 3 months ago; that's when the new game started development, if the planning stages weren't done by then, that is.

They must have been full speed at it for quite some time.

Didn't one of those teams have a hand in making Tales of the Tempest?

I know that Dimps also worked on the game but the planning, artwork and story must have been handled by one of those teams, most likely Team Destiny judging from the artwork.

So maybe Team Symphonia have been working on a new game (Harmony) and now Team Destiny are working on Phantasia 2 in conjunction with Dimps again.

Meh, just a wild guess.

EDIT: There have been a load of remakes done on PSP and PS2 recently weren't there? Someone had to make those, so maybe my idea is crap.

Didn't one of those teams have a hand in making Tales of the Tempest?

I know that Dimps also worked on the game but the planning, artwork and story must have been handled by one of those teams, most likely Team Destiny judging from the artwork.

Tempest was outsourced to studio Dimps, Namco Tales Studio (formerly WolfTeam) had hand in supervising, planning it (maybe even storyboards and such) and the music was done in-house, but most of the development was Dimps work.

Namco uses mangaka's to draw the characters, so it wasn't something to hamper the team's work.

So maybe Team Symphonia have been working on a new game (Harmony) and now Team Destiny are working on Phantasia 2 in conjunction with Dimps again.

Meh, just a wild guess.

Might be, I'd say it's a waste not to re-use that engine again, as it was pretty good.

But Perhaps they could just use the Engine and Sprites from Tales of Phantasia on SNES and just make a sequel, that would be neat too.

EDIT: There a load of remakes done on PSP and PS2 recently weren't there? Someone had to make those, so maybe my idea is crap.
Namco simply doesn't know how to let games rest in peace...

Tales of Phantasia: SNES, PSone, GBA, PSP... one remake it's ok, but 4 re-issues? let it alone Namco.

Team Destiny was doing them, recent ports and remakes from Tales of Eternia, Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition, Tales of Destiny to Tales of Destiny 2... it's all their doing.

i'll be fine with any tales on a nintendo system i just want another tales to play.

but remember just because it gets anounced dosent mean it comes out ouside of japan, most tales on nintendo systems don't symphonia and phantasia being the exceptions

I didn't knew there was a cube collectors edition. :woops:

darn, it must be hard to get it on ebay.

Sorry due the collectors edition was the ps2 re-release. So thats why you missed out on all those awesome battles. Also Abyssion was made alot harder by having pretty much all the hi-ougi's. But I suppose if you wanted to a japanese ps2 doesn't cost much these days.

Sorry due the collectors edition was the ps2 re-release. So thats why you missed out on all those awesome battles. Also Abyssion was made alot harder by having pretty much all the hi-ougi's. But I suppose if you wanted to a japanese ps2 doesn't cost much these days.
Oh, I see...

I was thinking it was a limited Symphonia edition that I somehow could have missed.

The PS2 version is actually considered worse in the gaming cycles next to GC's symphonia, it's a dumbed down, technically inferior version after all.

Mainly the loading times is what people hated the most. And a bit choppy here and there.

Mainly the loading times is what people hated the most. And a bit choppy here and there.
That, jaggies everywhere (pretty much like abyss on Ps2) and support for 4 players taken down, amongst other changes.

I'd like the extras (just like with RE4) but still our version is the better one.

i just got home from school and emediatly checked this thread for updates

i guess we may need to wait a while for a wii tales as its getting pretty late in the day

i just got home from school and emediatly checked this thread for updates

i guess we may need to wait a while for a wii tales as its getting pretty late in the day

It won't happen today, unless it's leaked... the announcement is supposed to be on February 21st.

Where was it you heard there was an announcement in teh 21st?

Hopefully by the time I get up in the morning there will be some sort of news.