NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

Where was it you heard there was an announcement in teh 21st?
It was what the translations from namco website said, so that's the date some forums are going with.

Although Famitsu showed Tales of Fandom it'll still get announced officially today, and hopefully some more titles.

Its too early in the day (Japanese day) for anything to be there yet. But I would say we should see something later on tonight.

This reminds me of the yearly E3 thread.

Come on people, relax...

This reminds me of the yearly E3 thread.

Come on people, relax...

lol yeah...

don't think it was ever confirmed, think it was just speculated at...

yeah here it is from gonintendo:

arlier this week we posted news that Bandai Namco is due to announce a new “Tales†title as early as Monday of this coming week. Now Jeux-France is reporting on what games they believe will be announced. They also state that their information is in no way official…nothing has been confirmed as of yet

lol yeah...

don't think it was ever confirmed, think it was just speculated at...

yeah here it is from gonintendo:

I believe Jeux-france source was 2ch.

Nothing is official as of now.

All we have to go on now adays is rumours and seculation untill they eventually confirmed,let us hope that Jeux-France is right :heh:

and also hope for it to be released outside of japan

if you think about those 2 things the chances are very slim

I think there's every chance that it will get outside of Japan to be honest,we are beggining to see some Tales love.

and also hope for it to be released outside of japan

if you think about those 2 things the chances are very slim

Tales of the Abyss was already localized for US, so building a US version would be quite simple.

Besides Tales of Symphonia sold 600.000 in US, Abyss and Legendia flopped on PS2.

My hype is subsiding now, as I'm getting pessimistic about this with antecipation and no news, but it's still only 7:25 AM in Japan, no announcement could be done as of yet.

Yea it's still far to early in morning I would think,i'm expecting the news to be between 12pm and 7pm Japanese time.I'm just gonna check in the morning for any updates.

Aww... I keep telling people not to get hyped and still hype myself, bah...

Bandai Namco Games' Tales series producer Makoto Yoshidzumi also chose his words carefully. He explained that, traditionally, the Tales series wasn't about the latest technology and CG. Instead, the developers focused on using existing technology and offering players a story they can freely enjoy. However, the producer said he had no idea what the future had in store for the series. He feels the time has come for the entire concept behind Tales to be re-built.
Source: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1614.html

Re-built... definetly sounds to me like: revolution... Wii.

Anyway... this might be Sword of Legendia already. And the Legendia gives away what Team Melfes is doing (they did tales of legendia), Team Destiny was busy porting/remaking tales games to PSP and PS2... and what about Team Symphonia?

Arghh... don't let me down Namco.

Tales of fandom volume 2...... :(

For the ps2. Well it was fun while it lasted.

adventure_2b.jpg

As I sort of thought it involves more of Mr Fujishima's work which is a good thing. The game just has characters from which he did the artwork for.

Japanese website was updated at 6pm today.

Tales of fandom volume 2...... :(

For the ps2. Well it was fun while it lasted.

As I sort of thought it involves more of Mr Fujishima's work which is a good thing. The game just has characters from which he did the artwork for.

Japanese website was updated at 6pm today.

yep that was it, not even worth of a announcement.

Oh crap >_<

Still kind of good news though... since Tales of Fandom Vol. 1 was the last tales for PSone, this should be the last game for PS2... After 7 (8 with this one) Tales games released this generation on PS2.

Namco, bury PS2 and give us games.

Well that sucks.Good thing I didn't get my hopes up too much,still there was a lack of news though.

that's what we got all hyped up for? A PS2 game, WTF? Hell even an anouncement of a Take game on the PS3 would have made more sense...well actually i think the PS2 is outselling the PS3 in Japan anyway so, meh.

And why does the character on the left look like Raine from ToS?

I knew you would take this news hard. But anyway it is because it is Raine from tos.

Whenever somebody says they're going to make a big announcement, I never once think anymore that this will be good news for a Nintendo fan. :heh:

I knew you would take this news hard. But anyway it is because it is Raine from tos.

haha, i never even paid attention to what the game was called, just saw PS2 and went, :mad: , and then read yours and for a split second thought is was ToS 2 on the PS2, haha, almost had a very bad reaction then.

I'm sure they'll annouce some new Wii Tales games soon.

Like you said before the PS's rpgs are kinda defined as FF, it would be a great move by Namco if they made teh Tales games just for Wii and try to make them the defining rpgs of the Nintendo systems

I'm sure they'll annouce some new Wii Tales games soon.
Perhaps they already did...

Sword of Legendia, is being directed by the same director from Tales of Symphonia... and there was Tales of Legendia this generation who...

This suggests to me that Team Melfes is working on the Wii, also... Tales of Legendia was the only tales game whose codename hadn't got "Tales" in it, neither it had Legendia, it was Project Melfes.

*thread ressurect*

We ought to use this thread everytime a new tales game *might* come to the Wii even if in truth it's just a rumor our announcement without platform... so here it goes:

SO1_7451.jpg

SO1_7395.jpgSO1_7424.jpg

Tales of Vesperia

- Kosuke Fujishima character designs (ToP, ToS, TotA)

- There seems to be a strong theme of brotherhood between two main characters.

- Main character has a dog... who seems to be smoking a pipe.

- There's a character who wields a giant hammer.

- Guy = long black hair, Girl = pink hair

- Character who is a girl.. high pitched voice and might fill the healer support role.

- Guy uses Souryuurengazan ougi

- Tidal Wave spell is also shown

- Battles are 3D, look like abyss (flex-range?)

- Yoshizumi is not the producer, Abyss director might be producing it

Reasons to be on Wii:

+ Can't be DS

+ Has Widescreen

+ Wii leads in Japan (and the rest of the world)

+ Sword of Legendia is nowhere to be seen and should not be produced by Yoshizumi

+ This roadmap:

tales11.jpg

(shown when Knight of Ratatosk was unveiled)

Reasons not to be:

- Looks better (less lazy) than Knight of Ratatosk, having at least detailed shadows (not hard to do, but it's just lazy on Namco's part)

- Small letters in tile screen (?)

- Platform not revealed

- moneyhatting

- Fierce_LiNk's Law #1:

Whenever somebody says they're going to make a big announcement, I never once think anymore that this will be good news for a Nintendo fan. :heh:
^ So true.

Fingers crossed for Wii, it wouldn't be consistent with Namco otherwise since they always decide the plaform for tales based on japanese sales (for example ToS was the only tales for GC because of japanese sales, despite doing several times better than any other tales in US and Europe) and... japanese Top40 has loads of Wii and DS games and only 4 PS3 games and 2 X360 ones, I mean... investing there as a main priority it's like being sadomassoquistic, and even if they're looking for a worldwide release already... Tales of Symphonia holds that record by a large margin.

Also, when GC was not leading, nobody threw us bones, despite having a platform more powerful than PS2; because it's business.

Also if this is HD it means that... they're doing a whole new tales for HD systems and doing a recycled spin-off for the Wii (same locations, same engine etc) which also reveals diferent priorities when the Wii version should be the biggest investment.

Yes, I'm a negativist, and I'm expecting the worse, but if so, I'll be pissed.

Not a clue what the hell to expect, but Namco would be nuts to put the game on any console other then DS or Wii. Tales of... games can't command to sales to return the developement costs on PS3 or 360 (360 has no presense in Japan anyway) and lets face it, Wii is selling like hotcakes.

Saying that, PSP still has a good presense in Japan and can sell RPG's in numbers. Although I think whatever Tales of game they released on the PSP flopped, so Wii it is. God knows Wii needs every RPG it can grasp :P.

Promising. Any images from that (you know it has shadows)?
There's one tiny in-game image there, but I'm betting it has detailed shadows as it doesn't seem to be something rounded beneath the character. At least Zelda OoT'ish shadows, but yeah, probably detailed.

Er.., why did people think there would be another Tales game for Wii when there is one in the works already? They will want to see how well that does before even considering any more.