NEurope
Dante

Tales of Graces

Personally I think Namco should make nintendo the flag ship of the tales series, mainly because final fantasy is a game that will sell the playstation while tales wouldn't be considered to in the same way. Final fantasy has the edge over the tales series in that they have been established in other continents far longer than any tales game. With only side stories or spin off titles making it to nintendo, bringing the main titles in the tales series to nintendo consoles wouldn't be a bad idea.

That's the best idea i've heard in a long time.... Can somebody get this guy on the Namco board of directors please? haha

OMG, Phantasia 2 on DS and Abys and Harmony for Wii, i'm gonna go into RPG and "Tales of" overload.

ANd i just had a massive idea, i'm gonna use that Everybody Votes channel to suggest a poll for "Do you want to see a direct sequal to Tale of Symphonia on the Wii", hey it's worth a shot : peace:

ANd i just had a massive idea, i'm gonna use that Everybody Votes channel to suggest a poll for "Do you want to see a direct sequal to Tale of Symphonia on the Wii", hey it's worth a shot : peace:

You've got my vote :)

why isn't people getting in the mood for this, I mean... might be a megaton, but what a megaton! :D

It's just us, the Symphonia fans talking this over here.

Lets drop in the Abyss opening movie as a teaser:

-> http://www.tales-central.com/abyssopeningwmv.zip (right click, save as...) 15 MB

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGu0CUctTA

FMV:

tunagi-sequ04325.jpg

tunagi-sequ03591.jpg

tunagi-sequ02665.jpg

tunagi-sequ03333.jpg

tunagi-sequ04796.jpg

Ingame:

snap031ri8.jpg

snap011cq3.jpg

snap036yt2.jpg

tales-of-the-abyss-20051118115633995.jpg

tales-of-the-abyss-20060803053931421.jpg

Now lets hope people see images and start participating too. :D

Yeah, Namco should make Tales a Nintendo exclusive, after all Nintendo is willing to use their money in localization like they did with Tales of Symphonia, not a cheap localization at that, the voice actors had curriculum's like anime dubs, powerpuff girls and other RPG's like FF-X.

Team Symphonia was originally founded as a Nintendo exclusive studio, so when Abyss headed exclusive for Ps2 it was like taking candy from children (me).

Beucase of that team destiny and team symphonia kept developing at the same platform and that meant Tales games overload leasing to a decrease in interest.

This generation there was... Tales of Destiny II, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Legendia, Tales of the Abyss... all on PS2 (some are japan-only).

In japan before they'd sell 650.000 units average now they sell 300.000 with luck.

Legendia and now Abyss are flopping hard in US, like most non FF RPG's, PS2 is saturated with RPG's, most non-square RPG's now sell like 30.000 units on the first month and then drop under...

Legendia for instance one month after coming out was already being outsold by Symphonia who was out by two years then... Symphonia just kept selling about 4.000 units a month throughout the generation.

Total sales in US alone were more than 600.000 last time I heard, no other tales game outside japan sold like that. considering they tied in japan (totaling 750.000)... US is not a tie it's the biggest selling tales ever.

On another note... some people are refuting this partly, saying Tales of Harmony was originally one of the possible names for Abyss, and they don't usually "recicle" those.

That's what they say anyway.

Woah,you've got me even more in the mood now pedro :D

Now I want the rumours to be true even more than before because of your post.

It just looks so nice,I didn't know anything about Abyss and I hadn't seen what it looked like,but it looks pretty good.

I love the opening sequence to Abyss. When it first came on youtube I watched it over and over again, the music is awesome!

I hope there will be a Wii Tales Game but until there is one confirmed from Namco I am not to convenient that we will get it too sure...

I'm well in the mood for a Wii Tales of game now.

A remake would of Abyss or anything would be good, cos I'll most likely never get to play them otherwise. I'm only familiar with Tales of Symphonia and its rockin, I wish the Tales of the Tempest had turned out to be wonderful too.

A Tales of Symphonia sequel would be great, I really enjoyed the world and characters they created in that. :yay:

Wow, Tales of the Abyss looked ace on PS2 already... Can't wait if they port it over.

I hope they change that hideous J-Pop intro though * shudders *

I hope they change that hideous J-Pop intro though * shudders *
Sadly (I like the song) it'll be taken off the game, at least as it is, if it ever reaches here; just like every other Tales game.

Abyss in US already has a different "orchestrated-only" opening. They took the vocals.

Here it is:

->

Also it's possible that Namco changes the Japanese theme song too because of the change of platform, Symphonia Ps2 had a different (and worse) J-Pop song.

here it is:

->

horrible compared to GC :heh:

Ugh, this game needs the same working Symphonia had.

That was a quality intro movie, with good fitting music.

I don't understand how the Japanese could think that J-pop could be fitting for that...

I liked it, but not as much as the original J-Pop one. Seemed like the video itself was done for the J-Pop one, not the US/European one.

It was well-done nonetheless. Tons better than the new theme music for PS2.

I don't understand how the Japanese could think that J-pop could be fitting for that...
That's just tradition for tales games, Tales of Phantasia on SNES in 1994 had a J-Pop singed music opening, it was the first ever game to do that.

Since then all tales games had J-Pop music as a theme.

Some are really bland or crap, but Abyss, Symphonia (on GC), Eternia and Phantasia are good, in my book.

The symphonia intro with day after tommorow - Starry Heavens > US/EU intro imo.

I'm all for this...just don't make the characters so cheese this time...
Hehehehe, agreed :P

Just take Collete/Mint-like characters out of the game and it'll be fine.

Wouldn't it be great if we could play Abyss on Wii with the option of Japanese voices? *dreams on*

21/02/07 Expect something to happen
Yeah, either heaven or hell to me.

That's what I get for hyping myself to no recognition, and I love it. :wink:

Wouldn't it be great if we could play Abyss on Wii with the option of Japanese voices? *dreams on*
And if the theme music was to be left unchanged. ^_^

Namco sure do milk the tales of.. series.

1995 Tales of Phantasia SNES/SFC

1997 Tales of Destiny PS1 (1998 in North America)

1998 Tales of Phantasia PS1

2000 Tales of Eternia PS1 (2001 in North America as Tales of Destiny II)

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon GBC

2001 Tales of Eternia: The Animation (TV anime series)

2002 Tales of Fandom (Volume 1) PS1 (Mint and Cless versions)

Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 GBA

Tales of Destiny 2 PS2

2003 Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage GBA

Tales of Symphonia GCN (2004 in North America and Europe)

Tales of Phantasia GBA (2006 in North America and Europe)

2004 Tales of Symphonia PS2

Tales of Rebirth PS2

Tales of Tactics Mobile phone

2005 Tales of Breaker Mobile phone

Tales of Phantasia: The Animation (OVA)

Tales of Commons Mobile phone

Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 GBA

Tales of Eternia PSP (2006 in Europe)

Tales of Legendia PS2 (2006 in North America)

Tales of the Abyss PS2 (2006 in North America)

Tales of Eternia Online PC

2006 Tales of Wahrheit Mobile phone

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology PSP

Tales of Phantasia ~ Full Voice Edition PSP

Tales of the Tempest NDS

Tales of Destiny PS2

2007 Tales of Destiny 2 PSP

Tales of Symphonia OVA

Sword of Legendia

Namco sure do milk the tales of.. series.
Yes they do, that's why their sales are decreasing in Japan... If Nintendo released a Zelda every year us fans would buy it but the overall sales would decrease. Two tales games in the same year is just suicide (Legendia and Abyss).

Team Destiny games are all filler, although Legendia is not that bad... still they simply not compare to original tales of Phantasia, whose team mostly left to create Tri-Ace (Star Ocean, Radiata Stories, Valkyrie Profile) and Tri-crescendo (Baten Kaitos, Trusty Bell), and Team Symphonia who did Symphonia and Abyss.

New rumours

Tales of the Abyss

Port of PS2 version, with added content.

Can use Wii Remote + nunchuck. Classic controller and GC controller support too

Tales of the Two Faces

Sequel to the Abyss. Main characters are Ashu and Tia

Starts straight after the ending of the Abyss. Two scenarios at the same time, Ashu and Tia

Wii Remote + nunchuck new interface (new control method).

Tales of the Howling

Side story to the Abyss. Main character is youth Jade

TR-LMBS system (Touch Real-Linear Motion Battle)

1 line battle system. Includes touch elements in battle. Speedy battles.

New rumours

Tales of the Abyss

Port of PS2 version, with added content.

Can use Wii Remote + nunchuck. Classic controller and GC controller support too

Tales of the Two Faces

Sequel to the Abyss. Main characters are Ashu and Tia

Starts straight after the ending of the Abyss. Two scenarios at the same time, Ashu and Tia

Wii Remote + nunchuck new interface (new control method).

Tales of the Howling

Side story to the Abyss. Main character is youth Jade

TR-LMBS system (Touch Real-Linear Motion Battle)

1 line battle system. Includes touch elements in battle. Speedy battles.

Looking good, but I believe tales of the Howling was the (or one of the) codename(s) for Tales of the Tempest on DS, since the characters would go into wolf form.

I'll wait and see, but I'll be happy even if just Abyss comes true (please come true).

They could release Tales of the abyss on the GC as well if it is going to use the GC controller, they would get way more sales

They could release Tales of the abyss on the GC as well if it is going to use the GC controller, they would get way more sales
They'd have to make it into two discs like symphonia because of the video FMV's and voice-overs. This is supposed to be a version with more extras and all (probably more FMV's), let them use a regular DVD.

Also GC is dead, and people are more unlikely to buy a GC game for Wii in stores, since it can only use the gamecube controller, not the wiimote or the classic controller. A wiimote control scheme could turn out to be interesting, and lead the way for more developers.

First bit of Tales news is here...

Quick note - The first bit of “Tales†news is in. Tales of Fandom Vol. 2 is heading to the PS2 I don’t know if there will be any more “Tales†news this week or not. Keep you fingers crossed for a Wii or DS “Tales†related announcement.