Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Adverts

Gaijin von Snikbah

That makes absolutly no sense, especially since MSN messenger is a product by Microsoft. You would have thought the last thing they would be doing would be advertising the Wii on their services.

they basically independent divisions in microsoft. You wouldnt think a big company could use its monopoly to dominate teh world do you? ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I saw the advert for Gears of War last night on channel 4 during Lord of the Rings, wow is all I can say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcc-ERAEwA

I just thought this was amazing, I really hope Wii can have such evocotive ads.

Saw it too, absolutely fantastic advert! really bloody good!

Seems like NOE kidnapped the lady who does the voice for the M&S adverts and forced her to be apart of the Wii Advert.

Saw it too, absolutely fantastic advert! really bloody good!

Seems like NOE kidnapped the lady who does the voice for the M&S adverts and forced her to be apart of the Wii Advert.

HAHAHA, yeah it does sound like an M&S advert.

I think they should do a Zelda advert like this with a massive orchestral score like the one from the original trailer when it was first unveiled.

HAHAHA, yeah it does sound like an M&S advert.

I think they should do a Zelda advert like this with a massive orchestral score like the one from the original trailer when it was first unveiled.

Actually, now that you mention the original trailer... If it was updated with some differences (link being right handed in it, footage of the Wiimote and Nunchaku being used etc) that actual trailer would work sweet as an advert IMO.

I can still remember the Ocarina of Time advert... and that advert gave me such a rush of excitement to me everytime i saw it! :smile:

The second UK Wii advert has arrived

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6341/1/New_Wii_TV_Advert_Hits_UK_Screens

New Wii TV Advert Hits UK Screens

Quick News: We've just this second seen a new Wii advert. Instead of "What is this?" followed by "This is Wii", the advert asks "What can Wii do?" ending with "Wii can do anything". The 20 second advert features two Wii controllers being used in a number of ways that seem to represent Wii Sports and Orchestra. We caught it on E4+1, but let us when you see it and where!

I haven't even seen the first yet! Bit pointless moving on to the second if there are loads of other people in the UK who still haven't seen the first!

I don't like these UK ads (having watched the first on YouTube).

- They aren't shown enough on the main channels.

- If the whole gradual build-up to Wii is to work then alot of people need to be seeing them, otherwise they'll just catch 'advert 3' for example and not get it.

- The voice over is nearly as bad/annoying as the M&S adverts!

Hopefully these build-up ads wont last long and then we'll get a more traditional 30 second advert for the last 2 weeks leading up to launch; showing the Wii, the controller, games and people playing it, like the Wii sports ads!

Hopefully there will be game specific adverts as well!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!