N-Europe

What will you play first?

Patch

You've finally got hold of your Wii. You've told everyone that you've moved to Cuba and your man-size bag of doritos has been delivered by crane into your room.

You've spent 5 endless minutes unboxing and unwrapping everything in sight and all the cables are plugged in, all batteries in place and memory cards slotted correctly.

Finally, you look at your pile of games. Argh! You've completely forgotten to take the time to decide which game to play first! :shock:

So here and now, with plenty of time left, you can make that all-important choice. And remember - the memory of your first game on Wii is going to hold a special place in your heart for years to come, so choose wisely.

For me, it's got to be Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Watching OoT's opening sequence in the run up to Christmas was magical - I'll never forget it. I am hoping for a similar experience with TP. I will watch the whole introduction through from start to finish and then start what will hopefully be the best 100 hours of my gaming life. :)

To be honest I hope there will be a Mario game at launch, as that would be the first one I play.

Other than that, I may finally engage myself in the Zelda franchise because I think that for a Nintendo fan it's a shame not to have played any Zelda game yet.

For the rest, the games I most want to start playing asap are Super Mario Galaxy, Luigi's Mansion 2, more Mario sports games, Paper Mario on the VC and Sonic Wild Fire.

Other than that, I may finally engage myself in the Zelda franchise because I think that for a Nintendo fan it's a shame not to have played any Zelda game yet.

Wow, that's unusual. Twilight Princess being your first Zelda game will probably blow you away. :)

With Wii though, you will have the chance to play them all. :grin:

First thing I'm gonna do is check out the channels and get everything set up properly. Then I'm gonna make a Mii. Then I'm gonna play Wii Sports and THEN I'm gonna do nothing but play Twilight Princess for about a week.

So excited.

To be honest I hope there will be a Mario game at launch, as that would be the first one I play.

Wow, finally, im not the only one.

For me it's definently Twilight Princess.I've waited for the game for ages and nothing will stop me from opening it up,putting it the Wii and drooling at opening sequance.

Then i'll play the game for a good few hours then play Red Steel or Trauma Centre.

Good intro about the Doritos aswell.

For some reason I always seem to do my best to drag things out as far as possible so before I get stuck into Zelda (Which I'm desperate to play) I'll probably play around with the Wii Channels and have a good play on Wii Sports/Play so when I do turn Zelda on I'll be all the more excited about playing it :D

Unfortunately the likelihood is that I probably won't have much of a choice anyway - I'll pick my Wii up in the morning at 9, get back and set the system up and only have time for a few quick games of Wii Play/Sports before I have to set off for work :(

Good intro about the Doritos aswell.

Thanks. :)

Didn't we do this already?

There is a similar thread which asked "what's the first thing you'll do when you get your Wii", which invited many unforgettable gems such as 'Crack one off'.

Probably Wii sports. Even though there will be a shiny copy of Twilight Princess and a whole bunch of GC-games I bought specificaly for Wii. (Yes, I sold my GC some years before. Yes, I know it was a stupid thing to do. Yes, I missed out on Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, etc. Yes, I bought those, amongst others. :D )

Just to get a feel for it. Get accustomed to the Wiimote. Then save Hyrule from an unspeakable threat and rescue a damsel in distress!

Shame Wario Ware won't make the launch, though. It'd be the perfect game for that sort of thing! Oh well, "l'Aspiration est mieux que la possession..."

Definitly Wii Sports without a doubt, make a Mii give it a quick go, maybe let my girlfriend in and play some Wii tennis before kicking her out and playing Zelda for the rest of the day till late night, when I'm too knackered to fully appreciate it, then I'll settle down to some virtual console games.

i'll probebly make a Mii and get the internet rigged up so i can download VC games like Oot and Majora's Mask (never played them...EVER) then i'll probebly play some Wii sports and Twilight Princess

WHAT????? Majoras Mask I can maybe understand (i got it after the cube came out and never really played it!) but you've NEVER played OOT?!!!!! you should play it before TP, otherwise I think it may lessen it's impact, cos it is a truly incredible game.

I am going to have a quick play with the Mii channels and the other games - very quickly - to settle my curiosity, then sit down into a mass session of Zelda. I don't want Zelda to be interrupted.

Can't wait to play through Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask again on Wii.

Great post. I haven't been this excited since N64, yet I am even more excited about this.

I always thought I'd play Wii Sports first for some reason, but now that I think about it I can still remember playing the Cube for the first time and I played ISS3... not the best of first game choices. So, I think I will play Twilight Princess - although it's not as Wii'ish as Wii Sports is, I assume at the start of Twilight Princess you won't even have a sword to swing around.

Choices, choices.