N-Europe

Your Ten Days Are Up

Ashley

Ding Dong 10 Days Gone...apparently. So says my manager, "some point next week", but wouldn't (or couldn't) specify. A logical guess would be the Sunday (29th, something around then).

We're having an unrelated meeting tomorrow and it may be mentioned, but seems its finally going and being replaced by a normal refund policy (28 days if still sealed - and we can seal games up - or can be refunded if faulty, but the discs need to have no damage whatsoever, not even a fingerprint).

That sucks then,good thing I don't take games back.Wonder what the reason is.

I'd wager a guess on money.

well the stores in Glasgow already use the 28 day unopened rule in place of the 10 day one

Must have been one of the trial stores then. Game love trial stores.

I go to game occasionally, but prefer Gamestation. It feels more independent, even though it isn't. I returned one game to Game once to take advantage of a super-cool deal.

There was a deal whereby you swapped four games for any console for a new game for that console, and I wanted Animal Crossing as my new game. Sadly, Animal Crossing came out a week after the deal ended, but I could still 'win' Game:

First of all, I bought the four cheapest second hand GameCube games in Gamestation, for a grand total of about £15. Then, I swapped them for 1080°: Avalanche. A week later I came back, and swapped the game for animal Crossing, no questions asked. 'Brillo'.

But the thing is its a good way aswell. Ever bought a game at full price but not sealed? I have, at GAME and THAT game was a brought back one. So I guess it saves us from getting unwrapped games.

Some games don't come in wrapped. Tomb Raider for example.

If a disc is perfect nick, and returned 26 days later with receipt. Will you be able to get a full cash refund?

You mentioned being able to seal discs back up for sale.

Um yes you can, and yes we can.

If a disc is perfect nick, and returned 26 days later with receipt. Will you be able to get a full cash refund?

You mentioned being able to seal discs back up for sale.

Obviously faulty is going to be a ridiculous excuse.. games are rarely faulty.

I bought Championship Manager from Game ages ago and it had absolutely nothing on the disk at all, which was fortunate for me as I found out when I got home (that my PC was shit) that it wouldn't run on my computer anywhere so I got a full refund. :)

The stores here in Dundee got rid of their 10-day refund policy a while back, guess they too must have been trial stores. I can see why GAME have done it, but I can't help thinking it's going to bite them in the ass. I'm sure a lot of the people who use it hardly actually spend any money there, simply getting repeated refunds/exchanges - but there will no doubt be some people who become put off GAME when they realise the 10-day thing has gone.

Mind you, they did away with the 10-day returns on PC games years ago (in local stores anyway, I assume it was company-wide), so some people have been used to it for ages.