N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said previously, that's actually been rated by the ESRB by EA Games and for Nintendo. I don't see why Nintendo are so limited with their N64 releases.

Yes but games often seem to be rated and cause a giant squee and then nothing comes of it. I want action gorramit!

• 2 weeks later...

Another week, another shoddy selection of games.

The first of these is Ninja Commando, a top-down vertically-scrolling shooter that has ninjas and commandos and time travel. It also has a rubbish but very funny English translation.

The Art of Fighting 2 is the other game. This is one of the first fisticuffs efforts by SNK and has all the hallmarks we've come to expect from the developer: flashy moves, fancy animation, countless sequels.

Source: Eurogamer

Yeah, I checked for updates and couldn't quite figure out where this weeks updates ended and last weeks started. So only those two are new eh? I might just give em a miss. I got me some Alex Kidd in Miracle World and its so bad yet so immense! I never completed it and I think in one sitting last night, I got further in it than I ever did back in the day. :grin:

• 1 month later...

This week's releases will probably make a few people happy... :wink:

-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) (900 points)

-Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES) (600) (the game was already available in the past and then removed, it seems this time it's here to stay)

In the US this week they got Samurai Showdown 2 and Ys Story: Book I & II. From what I've heard over the years, the Ys games are fairly highly rated, so here's hoping for their release on our European shop channel. Here's a bit of info on it:

Ys Book I & II (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone -- Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Ys Book I & II chronicles the first adventures of Adol Christin, a young, red-haired swordsman on a quest to unlock the secrets of an ancient kingdom. As Adol, you search the island of Esteria, gathering clues to unravel the mystery of Ys. Fight monsters that lurk in caves and towers with physical or magical attacks, and use your brain to make your way through dangerous areas filled with traps. In Ys Book I & II, the first titles in the Ys series were put together as a single TurboGrafx CD-ROM. They awed players with their gripping story lines accompanied by fully orchestrated soundtracks, wonderful voice acting and amazing special effects. Don't miss out on your chance to experience this wonderful piece of gaming history.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/902/902432p1.html

-----------------------

IGN also have their review of Ys I & II up. They have gave it a highly respectable 8.5 and from what I've been reading elsewhere, Ys has stood the test of time really well.

Review here.

Looks like we are getting the Ys Book I & II game next week!

TurboGrafx-16/Turbografx/PC Engine - September VC releases

August 29th, 2008

US:

-Cho Aniki (No specific date)

-Final Soldier (No specific date)

EU/AU:

-Chase H.Q. (Sep 5th)

-Ys Book I & II (Sep 5th)

JP:

-The Ninja Warriors

-Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu: PC Bangai Hen

-Final Blaster

Source: GoNintendo

Guest Captain Falcon

looks like it might be time to forget about Super Mario RPG because Secret of Mana is heading to the VC (in Japan at least).

I was worried when SE said they'd be reluctant to support the VC knowing they could do port jobs and sell at full price, but it looks like they may have seen sense on this one.

I'll definitely be getting this on release (assuming it comes here - though I don't see why it wouldn't).

Three Hanabi and one non-Hanabi game this week.

Chase HQ - Turbogfx - 600 points. (Not Hanabi)

DoReMi Fantasy - Snes - 900 points

Spelunker - Nes - 600 points

Ys Book I & II - Turbogfx - 800 points

EDIT: Lol at my fridge space. I wiped LostWinds the other week for Mario RPG, and thought I would have enough room for Ys Book too... but nah. Ys Book takes up 280 blocks and leaves me with 66 blocks remaining. A mini Luigi sprite ran across while it was downloading- not sure I've seen it before.

Yeah I played it slightly last night. Its a wee bit like Zelda where you just kill the baddies in the field, rather than say, Final Fantasy where you enter into battle with them. The intro and stuff was pretty immense for such an old game- some great art and a voice over too. So far so good I say.

Guest Stefkov

Guys I'm not up to date with the VC.

Is a game that's come out in the Hanabi Festival on there permantly, like the rest of the titles.

e.g.: The Mario RPG game won't be up there for a certain amount of time, it'll be there for years to come?