NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Yay! Super Metroid! At last! Poor BoFII, every time I start playing it something else comes along to distract me from it :P

Oh man, I have too many games to play as it is...

Ditto. Unfortunately, I'll have to miss it for a while.

Ah Super Metroid. The best 2D Metroid there is. Fantastic game. If I didn't have this on the SNES I would get it in a shot.

Lots of items and collectables, challenging bosses, tons of places to explore, freedom to travel all over the place. Kraid and Ridley. I can go complimenting this for a while longer but i'm sure you'd rather play it.

Seriously if your reading this, buy it now.

I was gonna say its a mighty lean week for VC updates. :( After getting the likes of Streets of Rage 3 and Golden Axe 3 last weekend I had harboured hopes of seeing Donkey Kong Country 3 uploaded last night. A missed opportunity!

Screw that Super Metroid is better :heh:

Though it was to be expected since Prime 3s almost out and we might get that video channel if we're lucky sometime next week.

Though it was to be expected since Prime 3s almost out and we might get that video channel if we're lucky sometime next week.

:shakehead And to think I liked you cos you used to have a Vyse of Arcadia avatar.

But aye, as soon as I saw Super Metroid on it last night I remembered that Prime 3 must be getting close, so it makes sense in that way.

:shakehead And to think I liked you cos you used to have a Vyse of Arcadia avatar.

But aye, as soon as I saw Super Metroid on it last night I remembered that Prime 3 must be getting close, so it makes sense in that way.

Hey that's low dude :(

I would expect DKC 3 to be out in 2 or 3 weeks since it's about that time frame for a good SNES game, it just happened to be Super Metroid cause of Prime 3. It'll be here soon don't worry :heh:

Hey that's low dude :(

Sorry lad but you went for a pretty low attack by saying:

I had to retaliate!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1953/a_rare_opportunity_on_piatas_.php

The two Banjo games could be released on VC. And from the way some stuff was worded, Nintendo own Killer Instinct.

Interesting- but I wouldn't get em. Sadly Banjo could be the only thing from Rare (that I've played anyway...) that I don't rate at all. And Nintendo owning K.I? Thats great news, the K.I's are my favourite beat em ups. I wouldn't download em but if Nintendo could get onto making us a new one I'd be pleased. :D

I bet the Banjo games will be the next games available for a limited amount of time.

I bet the Banjo games will be the next games available for a limited amount of time.

You think so? A limited amount of time and then lump them on Xbox's download service? Hmm, I could be tempted to get Banjo actually, Freezeazy Peak was easily the highlight of it!

Three uploads tonight:

Nes: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (500 points)

Turbografx: Gate of Thunder (800 points)

NeoGeo: World Heroes (900 points)

I could get Castlevania II, don't know much of the other two though. Anyone able to shed any light?

Turbografx: Gate of Thunder (800 points)

Rather good shoot'em up, and considered true classic of the genre. It is pretty fair difficulty wise, and far more far more beginner friendly than, say, R-Type or Super Star Soldier. Gate of Thunder is also first Turbografx CD game on the VC, and takes whopping 282 blocks of space (original redbook audio has been compressed to MP3s).

NeoGeo: World Heroes (900 points)

Pretty decent Street Fighter clone, with exotic characters such as viking, american football player, kung fu master, mad russian monk, african shaman with huge mask, etc. I wouldn't recommend buying it, because it is hilariously slow. Just imagine playing Street Fighter II's PAL-version, and cutting speed to half. Yeah, it is that slow. Its sequel World Heroes 2 isn't much better, but later games in the series are pretty enjoyable.

Everyone must be going crazy playing MP3 (myself included) , seeing as this hasn't been updated yet with this weeks releases.

Anyway this week:

Yoshis Story (N64) - The first N64 that has no interest to me

Magician Lord (NeoGeo)

Super Air Zonk

Personally I have never heard of the last two.

Everyone must be going crazy playing MP3 (myself included) , seeing as this hasn't been updated yet with this weeks releases.

Anyway this week:

Magician Lord (NeoGeo)

Super Air Zonk

Personally I have never heard of the last two.

Heh, I checked this at midnight as I wasn't playing any newly released Wii games. :wink:

I'll probably get Yoshi's Story at some point as I don't own it on the N64- I've played it plenty though, so I know what to expect.

How's Yoshi's Story then, darksnowman?

Suprisingly, I've read a fair bit of criticism towards it recently seeing as its already been out on the US VC. However, I really liked it back in the day! It has some great 2D graphics and the gameplay is spot on from what I can remember. I think the problems with it are that its not a straightforward romp from the start of a level to a distinct "end" of the level.

You have to eat thirty fruits to finish a level, and if you eat thirty of the same fruit I'm pretty sure that worked in your favour somehow.

Also, in the same sense as Lylat Wars, Yoshi's Story is a short game but one that offers plenty of replay value. You only play one level per world on each play through, so this means the game is really short! But the beauty of it is going through and playing different levels and completing it in different ways and ultimately finding the bonus Yoshi's!

And as should be rightly taken for granted: there is some great music in this.

(I kinda wanna download it now!)

Likewise. The game is very short and isn't even a proper platformer! Keep away guy's! Can't belive I paid £45 for this in the N64 day's...

That's the beauty of the Virtual Console, we don't have to pay nigh on fifty quid for classic games anymore! :D

North American Wii's get Super Mario Bros 3 tonight. Nintendo sent out voice messages telling people with Charles Martinet announcing it in his Mario voice.

North American Wii's get Super Mario Bros 3 tonight. Nintendo sent out voice messages telling people with Charles Martinet announcing it in his Mario voice.

Excellent, though i think im gonna hold out on this for a while. The only Mario games left will be All-Stars so i wanna see how they handle that.....