NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

just to put my bit in Super Mario Advance 1 was Super Mario Bros 2 (as in the vegetable throwing game!)

Aaah...now I remember. Didn't particularly find that game great :p

Well, in its defence, super mario bros 2 wasn't that bad at it's time, the standards you compare it to now (3 and world) weren't around yet obviously so to the unknowing western gamer it simply was a nicer looking mario game.

Well, I had fun with it. :)

i loved number 2 - the different mechanics of each character were great. Great music also.

Well, in its defence, super mario bros 2 wasn't that bad at it's time, the standards you compare it to now (3 and world) weren't around yet obviously so to the unknowing western gamer it simply was a nicer looking mario game.

Well, I had fun with it. :)

I loved SMB2. It was one of my first NES games. You've got to remember that, despite being a rebrand of another franchise, it DID give way to Mario actually carrying things.

Nintendo's site has updated today with the three announced Sega games added to the VC list:

- The Story of Thor

- Vectorman

- Sonic Spinball

I don't see any other additions, so I think it's fair to say that we're getting these tonight.

Where the fuck is Lylat Wars!!!

What he said!

Im dying to play that again as I never did get all the medals on it.

Guys, the Virtual Console has now updated.

The new games are up now! Well, that was unexpected. :)

Anyways, it's the 3 Sega games as expected.

The only Lylat Wars I've ever played is one of the bosses on Wario Ware :P

Get it up there Nintendo!

The only Lylat Wars I've ever played is one of the bosses on Wario Ware :P

Get it up there Nintendo!

And that wasn't even based on Lylat Wars, but its predecessor Starfox (or Starwing in Europe)

I've downloaded The Story of Thor, which makes it my 3rd Megadrive download .

I avoided most of them due to the fact that they crop up in other compilations, of which Sonic Spinball and Vectorman are a part of.

I dont remember Lylat Wars being so loved and adored at the time. I mean, I got it and loved and adored it... but everyone else seemed to be put off with it being so short and easy to complete, and there being no save feature.

Glad to see it get plenty of attention now. :smile: Maybe thats because the Starfox Adventures and Armada havent been received as well...?

Its good to see some Sega support though, it keeps the Virtual Console library diverse... and adds games to it that I've never played. :heh: Dunno what I'll download, if anything - I'll needa read around.

Is there a reason why the VC's been updated today and not Friday?

EDIT: Agh, thought overload! What if they release Sega's games today so they're not overshadowed by Lylat Wars tomorrow!? Nintendo's Easter game, wait till tomorrow, I might be right!

I aim to please. :wink:

Anyway, yes I also demand Lylat Wars, or even better Starwing. Just as long as it hits before I have to go back to college, ain't got a connection for my Wii down there.

Lylat Wars has been my Easter prediction for about a month, I still think it will happen.

I hope for Lylat Wars soon. I want to spend my 1000 free points on it.

Have alook at this L.M.F.A.O

sonic4snespal.jpg sonic4snespal1.jpg

This is a hack of Speedy Gonzales - Los Gatos Banditos from Sunsoft, with Sonic (and Mario!) sprites added in (you can see screenshot above). Now, let's look at the label... well, as pirate carts have taught us all, that pic of Sonic was probably ripped from somewhere else (note the disproportionate drawing of Sonic, though it may be a scanning artifact). Also note that the "Sonic The Hedgehog" logo, as well as the "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" one, are cheezily done, and, if you look carefully, are not the same as the authentic ones. Actually, the "Super Nintendo" logo looks kinda like the logo on an unlicensed convertor box, which is designed to make it look like a licensed accessory. Anyways, since this cart is labeled "Super Nintendo", and it has the shape and design it does, it was probably intended for the European/PAL market.

sonic4snesntsc1.jpg sonic4snesntsc2.jpg

sonic4snesntsc3.jpg

sonic4snesntsc4.jpg sonic4snesntsc5.jpg

This is a hack of an unknown game. In addition to Sonic, there is a Mario character as well. The box art, front and back, is a direct rip of the real Sonic The Hedgehog 3 box for the Sega Genesis, with "3" being changed to "4". Note that Sonic is holding up 3 fingers, indicating the third sequel. Guess the pirates were too lazy to add another finger.

gamersgraveyard

Oh it would be nice to get this title on the VC :) but we know its never going to happen :(

perfectdarkaus.jpg perfectdarkeur.jpg

What the...?! O____o Weird....

I do know of a hacked Gameboy game that was titled 'Super Mario 4' but was actually a Crayon Shin game but with Mario sprites and the levels were redesigned so that the game was IMPOSSIBLE to complete.

On a different note:

The UPDATES for Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country and Super Castlevania IV can be downloaded on the European VC. I don't know what these updates do though.

The UPDATES for Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country and Super Castlevania IV can be downloaded on the European VC. I don't know what these updates do though.

They are attempt to fix component cable problems that some users had with the games.

What the...?! O____o Weird....

I do know of a hacked Gameboy game that was titled 'Super Mario 4' but was actually a Crayon Shin game but with Mario sprites and the levels were redesigned so that the game was IMPOSSIBLE to complete.

On a different note:

They are attempt to fix component cable problems that some users had with the games.

Thanks both of you, I'll put that on the main site. Have you got a source for the component cable thing before I do?