NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Thats something that really has bugged me for AGES. I dont have a clue how the games industry works but why isnt this possible when making a game, especially when you know its going to be released in all countries. Fair enough if its a quirky Japanese game but if its a big game series why cant they transalte while they make the thing?

Well...they can do it with the Wii channels and Zelda...

Are there any games which are out on the virtual console that are out for 400points?

500 is the lowest, annoyingly.

Kirby's Adventure or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Kirby if you want a fun and colourful game, Turtles if you want a game that will challenge you.

Kirby most definitely. It's so fun. ;)

Kirby. Best NES game.

Ah damn it. I had Turtles when I was a kid and never got round to finishing it. I love Kirby games though. If I didnt buy Kid Icarus earlier I wouldnt be in this dilema!

I discovered some errors while playing Link to the Past. Sometimes the soundeffects dont play, while swinging the sword or doing other things. It doesnt happen often, its very rare. If you play for an hour you might notice it once or twice. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm turning into a Bonk fan. Before downloading the first game on the VC I had only played a bit of one of Bonk's SNES games.

Now that I had the chance to play the first two games I'm definitely looking to play all other games. Nice graphics, a very catchy soundtrack (I've been listening to mp3's of the first game ever since I played it... :p) and simple but fun gameplay makes this a very enjoyable series.

Judging from what I downloaded on the VC the Turbographx-16 had some very cool games (I downloaded 12 so far; instead of VC I should call my console a VT: Virtual Turbographx-16 :laughing:) and deserved a better fate.

Been playing Pacman and Kirby the last 2 hours or so. As someone who hasn't palyed Pacman before, you should really consider downloading it. Fantastic fun in short bursts! And as for Kirby :smile: it's amazing! I have fallen in love with it's charm. Stuck at that Sun and Moon boss tho, grrrr.

Been playing Pacman and Kirby the last 2 hours or so. As someone who hasn't palyed Pacman before, you should really consider downloading it. Fantastic fun in short bursts! And as for Kirby :smile: it's amazing! I have fallen in love with it's charm. Stuck at that Sun and Moon boss tho, grrrr.

I was stuck there a while, got past it eventually. I am stuck on the boss where you have to jump up through all the clouds before you can fight it.

I wasn't a big fan of Pac Man back in the day, so I'm not inclined to download this version. However, Ms. Pac Man was good fun and had a bit more variation to the level designs so I'll wait for this game to appear on the VC eventually.

I was stuck there a while, got past it eventually. I am stuck on the boss where you have to jump up through all the clouds before you can fight it.

As you're jumping up (get that high jump power), try to avoid getting hit by the eye by just going up fast and going from left to right of the screen or something. After that you just have to fight him; hide in the corners when he dives or starts shooting lightning and stuff.

Don't remember how to fight the sun and moon though.

Judging from what I downloaded on the VC the Turbographx-16 had some very cool games (I downloaded 12 so far; instead of VC I should call my console a VT: Virtual Turbographx-16 :laughing:) and deserved a better fate.

Heh. And imagine that we haven't seen any TurboCD games yet. :)

just downloaded Fire Pro Wrestling Cobination Tag off the Japanese Virtual Console shop. 2000 points for £8.50, I love Japanese prices!!

hey i read that mortal combat 2 will be availiable in ps3 with tha addition of online multiplayer fights!I was wondering if anyone of the availiable VC games has a similar online addition..If not is this Possible for future VC games?To add online multiplayer on them.

I would love MK2 and its possible as for online don't expect it then you will not be disappointed.

Can anyone tell me whether ActRaiser is better than/worse than/about the same/too different to compare to Soul Blazer. For some reason the name made me think of Soul Blazer which I played a long time ago, and lo and behold it's made by the same people and apparently in a similar vein.

Gonna get Final fight later tonight as it is out in Japan tomorrow. I want Final Fight 2 and 3 more though..

Can anyone tell me whether ActRaiser is better than/worse than/about the same/too different to compare to Soul Blazer. For some reason the name made me think of Soul Blazer which I played a long time ago, and lo and behold it's made by the same people and apparently in a similar vein.

ActRaiser is very different to Soul Blazer. But yes they were both developed by Quintet. Soul Blazer is an action-RPG, and ActRaiser is part action-platformer, part God sim.

I am battling the sphere thing that came from the fountain, but after hitting it a few times, the screen comes in on me, and kills me. I have no idea what to do when this happens. Please help me to finish one my favourite NES VC release.

I am battling the sphere thing that came from the fountain, but after hitting it a few times, the screen comes in on me, and kills me. I have no idea what to do when this happens. Please help me to finish one my favourite NES VC release.

Just kill him fast enough, before Kirby smashes on the ground.

What Teppo said, plus

just make sure you keep shooting at him. Try to see where he is going and shoot there (seeing as there'll be a bit of a delay before your stars will hit him, you have to be a step ahead of him. It might take some tries, but if you're fast enough and just keep shooting, you should eventually be able to beat him.

Good luck. =3

..I just realised tonight what else I would love to see on the VC:

3.png

4.gif

7.png

5.png

..can anyone guess the game (without checking the URL of the pictures :heh:)