N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scored this off Eurogamer

Nintendo plans to add brilliant Square Enix Super Nintendo action role-player Secret of Mana to the Wii Virtual Console on Boxing Day.

This is one of our all-time SNES favourites, and at 800 Wii Points (GBP 6 / EUR 8 approx) we've no need to be asked twice. Consider the three-player co-op, upgradable weapons, ridable dragon and epic plot and you shouldn't need much prompting either. Punchable rabbit-things, too. Even now the words "ring menu system" give us chills.

The same day also hails the arrival of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 from the days of the Master System. Sonic was good back then, and at 500 Points (GBP 3.50 / EUR 5 approx) it's a cheap trip down memory lane, where Tails is invited to cross the road without looking. Splat.

Guest Captain Falcon

Yay! It's finally here (about blooming time too) - just downloaded it.

I really should get some sleep as I'm worn out but I'll give it a quick go anyway.

Look what Japan is getting next month :(

Famicom (500 Wii Points)

- Detective Saburo Jinguuji: The Dangerous Duo Part One*

- Getsufuu Maden

- Zoids: Mokushiroku

Nintendo 64 (1,200 Wii Points)

- Super Smash Brothers

Master System (500 Wii Points)

- Fantasy Zone II: Opa Opa no Namida

Mega Drive (600 Wii Points)

- Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair

PC Engine

- Rastan Saga 2

- Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu (800)

- Spelunker mark 2 (800)

- Champion Wrestler

Why the hell do they get a release list for their VC games yet we have to play the wait and see game?

Why the hell do they get a release list for their VC games yet we have to play the wait and see game?

And even then, our releases are mostly lacklustre. Speaking of which, I have a spare 800 Wii Points and I fancy a VC game. What should I get?

Secret of Mana

Aha, I thought you'd say that. :heh: I'm not sure, RPGs don't tend to hold my attention for more than a few hours. Golden Sun, Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG are the three in which I've made the most progress.

I was thinking of getting Dynamite Headdy, Ristar or something on the SNES. Suggestions other than Mana please? :)

Aha, I thought you'd say that. :heh: I'm not sure, RPGs don't tend to hold my attention for more than a few hours. Golden Sun, Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG are the three in which I've made the most progress.

I was thinking of getting Dynamite Headdy, Ristar or something on the SNES. Suggestions other than Mana please? :)

Ah, but those RPGs are all Turn-Based which are boring (yes I realise I'm the one saying that)

Secret of Mana on the other hand is more like Zelda with a level-up system

And even then, our releases are mostly lacklustre. Speaking of which, I have a spare 800 Wii Points and I fancy a VC game. What should I get?

If you haven't got either of these...

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Then get 2 but if you allready have 2 then get 3, that's my recommendation, I was playing 3 the other day (because I'm less familiar with it) and it's awesome.