N-Europe

Heatseeker

Dante

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this turns out to be quite good.

I'm quite excited at the moment but if it lacks atmosphere I'll quickly loose interest and Burnout with Planes doesn't actually sound very encouraging.

Also I'm quite unimpressed with the Wii Plane models. Sure they look better and shinier but at the same time very artificial, almost as if they were made out of plastic. I'd rather see scratches and the likes.

Also realised that it will be released at the end of the month : peace:

You cannnot judge graphics based on screenshots AT ALL. I remember looking at half life two screenshots and thinking meh (still preordered it asap). In motion it was beutiful. judge graphics more on any videos they shove out. screenshots hardly telll you anything.

You cannnot judge graphics based on screenshots AT ALL. I remember looking at half life two screenshots and thinking meh (still preordered it asap). In motion it was beutiful. judge graphics more on any videos they shove out. screenshots hardly telll you anything.

Yeah, couldn't agree more.

I think ONM are doing a review next month so I'll check it out.

I thought the graphics looked really good in motion! and alot of the previews are stating the game feels like it was made for the Wii and the controls work really well.

I'm keeping my eye on it. I just hope it's more arcadey and fast then less realism and slow!

are they still going to let you control the plane with the nunchuck.

the nunchuck looks like the end of a plane joystick if you think about it

Yep, i'm sure they are. :awesome:

I just wanna feel like i'm in Top Gun, this may be the game which does that for me.

Yep, i'm sure they are. :awesome:

I just wanna feel like i'm in Top Gun, this may be the game which does that for me.

But on the other hand it might feel like the flight simulator on The Krypton Factor! :wink: Personally I'm looking forward to Heatseeker.

But on the other hand it might feel like the flight simulator on The Krypton Factor! :wink: Personally I'm looking forward to Heatseeker.

If it does, then it would depress the hell out of me! :grin:

Fingers crossed for Top-Gun style dog-fights!

• 3 weeks later...

NGamer were very positive about the game. Haven't got the mag on me right now, but I think the score was in the 8 region. They said the controls were hard to learn, but once they were used to them they were "the controls Lylat Wars Wii should pinch"

I got my copy today from sendit.net. I haven't played much of it yet but in the 20 minutes or so I have it's quite a blast! There's two control methods, Arcade and Professional. The only difference I can see is that professional allows you to control the aircraft's roll by twisting the Wii remote, where as in Arcade mode this is handled by the game. The difference probably goes deeper than that but I'd need to play it more to find out. Or read the manual. :laughing: In Arcade mode it's really easy to control, Professional mode will take a little getting used to though.

The only thing I've used on the nunchuck so far is the thumbstick, which is used for increasing and decreasing the aircraft's speed.

The graphics aren't bad, but do nothing to change my opinion that the Wii isn't any more powerful than the Gamecube. Nice cloud effects though, even if they do pop into view somewhat unrealistically.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!