NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Mobus have unveiled the Darwin controller: dear god. Although I'm not entirely sure it's first party since it's being used to control Lego Star Wars. They might be doing what was done with the PS2 motion controller and just have it acting as a motion-controlled analogue stick.

I wish people would stop judging the game before they play on it. Its really getting on my nerves!

Banjo Land looks increadible.

Ign stated that even though they have played on the full E3 demo, theres more banjo related suprises to come next week

Since its banjo's 10th anniversary in the UK next week, theres a chance they could discuss stop n swop

I wish people would stop judging the game before they play on it. Its really getting on my nerves!

But the reasons are perfectly valid. Its not like people are saying "This looks like a shit game."

They're saying "This looks like a shit excuse for a Banjo game."

Banjo Land looks increadible.

Ign stated that even though they have played on the full E3 demo, theres more banjo related suprises to come next week

Since its banjo's 10th anniversary in the UK next week, theres a chance they could discuss stop n swop

Nobody is judging it really. Me and a few others are only expressing disappointment at the direction it's taken - it's like a spin-off now, rather than a new installment to the series, like we were expecting. Hence the disappointment.

I'll still no doubt buy it day 1 and love every moment.

I may enjoy this game but like probably millions of other ppl i was expecting a banjo threeie so in the sense of the direction it has taken i am disappointed. When we first heard about a new banjo game everybody assumed it would be another platformer because that is what banjo is really known for!

Mobus have unveiled the Darwin controller: dear god. Although I'm not entirely sure it's first party since it's being used to control Lego Star Wars. They might be doing what was done with the PS2 motion controller and just have it acting as a motion-controlled analogue stick.

http://www.motusgames.com/index.html

This thing? It's a concept controller than Mobus have decided they'll try and get to market. It's by no means an official Microsoft product, they used to state that very clearly on the site but it's not in the small print (i guess they like the hype :indeed:)

There's a reason why not many sites are reporting on it, it's old news. Tech Radar are just after easy hits off the back of the Banjo video :hmm:

Rare on motion control: “Banjo has been designed to be played using a gamepad from the outset”

Rare’s just told VG247 that the Banjo motion control rumour, as Microsoft said overnight, is complete bollocks.

“There’s no truth to the Banjo motion control rumour. Banjo has been designed to be played using a gamepad from the outset,” said Rare’s George Kelion.

“People shouldn’t take rumours that gestate in comments sections so seriously. They can often turn out to be red herrings, as is the case with Banjo and motion controls.”

That’s really is that. It doesn’t get more final. Other words used in the conversation we’ve just had with Rare include “piffle” and “hogwash”. And some other stuff, but we’re a family site, don’t you know.

www.videogaming247.com

They should rename the trailer Banjo-Kazooie: Obvious Atempt at Damage Control

They should also say: NO U at the end.

That trailer was so unecessary... Ok we get it! it's exactly the same Banjo Kazooie platforming except on a grander scale and with vehicles in places of moves and making up a large proportion of the game, now hurry up Rare and get copies on the shelf so that we can play / praise / penalise your efforts.

So if it's all the same thing, why not just keep the old stuff instead? :p

So if it's all the same thing, why not just keep the old stuff instead? :p

Because Rare decided to fuck about with the formula :/ I would have preferred them to keep the old stuff too but was just stating what they've done and that they should hurry up and release it allready, it could still be amazing but parts of it could still suck, but this debate has gone on for long enough about "will it or won't it" hence people just want to play the game and see for themseleves.

Oh well not long to go now I guess...

I feel so sorry for the designers of this game. The fact they had to come out with this video.

Anyway, I'm pumped!

At first i was so annoyed at what they did to one of my favourite games but my faith has been restored a little. I would still rather have a platformer but the fact that u have to unlock new abilities to reach new areas makes me happier.

I don't think it's such a bad thing...avid followers of the previous 2 Banjo games loyally handed over their cash for the games and thus supported the franchise. It's really only fair that people are allowed to moan if the next game isn't shaping up the way they want/including things that they want.

I'll definitely be getting this, but I dislike the character design and the heavy dependence on vehicles.

The game looks epic, the game I wouldn't mind borrowing a 360 for.

Still not liking it!

Same here. I want to like it and try it out, but I don't see me getting it till it's around £20 or cheaper. I'm a huge Banjo fan and all, but feeling meh towards it.

I can't help but still feel the twinge of regret that this isn't a traditional platformer.

I'm really, really looking forward to this; it will be awesome, but not as awesome as a traditional Banjo 3.

Also, thread title should be changed :p

Also, thread title should be changed :p

I've been thinking that for months. Why has it taken me until now to realise that i can change it? :p