Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased Katsuhiro Otomo's Steamboy, thought it might be good, but was sadly and utterly dissapointed. What was he thinking ?!?

Anyway...I may get Millenium actress soon, I heard nothing but good about it. I also can't wait for the Disney release (region 1) of Howl's moving castle and My neighbour Totoro, which is long overdue for release (thanks Disney!:mad: ). These last two aren't released untill early next year though.

I recently purchased Katsuhiro Otomo's Steamboy, thought it might be good, but was sadly and utterly dissapointed. What was he thinking ?!?

I thaught it was good. Nice music, animation and intresting story

Anyone watched Last Exile ? I thought it was good but have only seen up to vol 4.

Good man; Last Exile is one of GONZO's masterpieces, and is a brilliant show all round. It is definitley in my top 5 shows ever, but as with you, I have only seen up to volume 4- 5 is on its way.

I thaught it was good. Nice music, animation and intresting story

Nope, sorry I really didn't like it.

Flat, boring characters you don't care about, zero character developement and a very boring, cliched story that has been done a thousand times before. That basickly sums up Steamboy, oh I forgot: it really drags too.

But yes the music and animation were quite good...comparatively.

I can't believe the same guy did Akira too, have you seen that? A much better film imho.

Imho; Akira is exceptionally overrated. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll ever watch it again; there are a vast ammount of titles available, that I believe to be better;

Ghost in the Shell is pure brilliance, just like Standalone Complex.

Tokyo Godfathers

Macross Plus

They are only a few films I will post, but all are equal, if not better than Akira(in my eyes).

yea akira is overated, people go on and on about it... but it doesnt really stand out for me. At the time it probably was the best anime out there.

I would have liked Akira a lot more if the ending was well more understandable and less confusing

It's the same with most things; say rock music for example-everyone harps on about how good nirvana were, but in all honesty, they weren't that good; just that no-one else was around at that moment in time to challenge/compare them too.

That's a little pretentious, I find Nivarna quite good.

Pretty much the only rock music I enjoy. But I get you're point at least. :p

Yah, Akira used to be my fav anime of all time, but, then again that was when I hadn't seen all that much anime... Now it's not at the top of the list, but, it's still up there..... Great film. :)

Hmmmm just took that bleach test.... I'm Chad... Yayz. ^^;

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!