N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maase

One Piece has some good fillers :)

Rainbow Mist is simply "Wow" to me :D

But then, there's shitty fillers like the Dragon Island thing, i was just thinking "GET TO GRAND LINE, FOR GOD'S SAKE, KILL THE LITTLE GIRL AND MOVE ON", grrr, i rembember wasting my 10 Diary episodes to have them still on that shitty storyline :'(

MAH GAWD, they're fighting against a fucking god, this anime OWNS!!!

One Piece has some good fillers :)

Rainbow Mist is simply "Wow" to me :D

But then, there's shitty fillers like the Dragon Island thing, i was just thinking "GET TO GRAND LINE, FOR GOD'S SAKE, KILL THE LITTLE GIRL AND MOVE ON", grrr, i rembember wasting my 10 Diary episodes to have them still on that shitty storyline :'(

MAH GAWD, they're fighting against a fucking god, this anime OWNS!!!

Would that be Einel, you're talking about?

Episode 1 sucks. Episode 2/3 onward is brilliant.

Also- Does Black Lagoon get any better or does it stay this dull? I'm up to episode seven or something and I'm pretty bored to be honest.

I've seen various Black Lagoon episodes and can't say I've liked any of them.

Anyway: Azumanga Daioh is great, but takes a little getting used to, and like others have said, the first episode isn't as good as the later ones. I like it mostly for its bizarre atmosphere.

I've seen various Black Lagoon episodes and can't say I've liked any of them.

Anyway: Azumanga Daioh is great, but takes a little getting used to, and like others have said, the first episode isn't as good as the later ones. I like it mostly for its bizarre atmosphere.

Supergrunch have you seen Lucky Star? :)

Also i finished Clannad today... Beautiful! :heart:

It's one of my favourite Anime's now! Truely great! :grin:

Also watched the other mew anime Gonzo have this spring with their subs called Blassreiter which was fairly interesting but i'm unsure about the amount of CGI they have added... it looks out of place.

What do you guys think of CGI in anime?

Wait, Clannad is actually done? Was there not some sort of OVA coming out in a while for the last episode?

I think the last episode is for a release on DVD but i'm not sure!?

But i have watched all the episodes avaliable to me! :D i think...

In fact now i have really really confused myself... :wtf:

Also i watched Kanokon..

It was odd. o_______0 but some bits were funny.

I try out the first episodes of every show in the new season to see what i like! :)

Supergrunch have you seen Lucky Star? :)

Also i finished Clannad today... Beautiful! :heart:

It's one of my favourite Anime's now! Truely great! :grin:

Also watched the other mew anime Gonzo have this spring with their subs called Blassreiter which was fairly interesting but i'm unsure about the amount of CGI they have added... it looks out of place.

I have seen Lucky Star, was good, though not as good as Azumanga Daioh. As for CGI, it depends how well it's integrated. It can look rubbish and out of place, but to see it being used to magnificent effect, look at the Makoto Shinkai opening to the first ef game.

Wait, Clannad is actually done? Was there not some sort of OVA coming out in a while for the last episode?

Clannad series one technically finished at episode 22, but episode 23 was a bonus one, with a bit of extra stuff. There'll be a similar episode on the last DVD when that comes out, and then season 2 (after story) will be out sometime in the unknown future. And it'll be good.

Guest Stefkov

The only recollection I have of CGI in anime was Dragonaut. You know what peoples opinions are on Dragonaut.

Coolness, do I see a Kyou avatar? That makes us Clannad avatar buddies. :smile:

Yes you do! :yay:

Hey, fellow Buddy! :awesome:

I can't wait for season 2 now!!!

There's Wonderful Days and also Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence. And I'm sure there's more.

Is the CGI implemented well in those? as i have not yet seen them! :)

I have seen Lucky Star, was good, though not as good as Azumanga Daioh. As for CGI, it depends how well it's integrated. It can look rubbish and out of place, but to see it being used to magnificent effect, look at the Makoto Shinkai opening to the first ef game.

Clannad series one technically finished at episode 22, but episode 23 was a bonus one, with a bit of extra stuff. There'll be a similar episode on the last DVD when that comes out, and then season 2 (after story) will be out sometime in the unknown future. And it'll be good.

Cool i was jsut wandering what you thought of Lucky Star! :)

Thanks again for clearing up my confused mind Supergrunch! : peace:

The only recollection I have of CGI in anime was Dragonaut. You know what peoples opinions are on Dragonaut.

Hehe! yes i do! :heh: just to say it again people DON'T WATCH IT! :shakehead

Is the CGI implemented well in those? as i have not yet seen them! :)

Yes... yes it is, actually. Visually, it works very well.

Here, see for yourself, here are the trailers:

AND

I forgot the most important one... Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo. It's a very good show, an anime retelling of Dumas' classic.

EDIT:

Here,see for yourself, too:

In Wonderful days yes. IN GITS 2, the drawings are implemented in the CGI rather than the opposite :blank:

Yup, what he said.

Nice! Thanks Oxigen Waste! Those look great! :D

Dragonauts was terrible but it was terrible in everyway.

and Blassreiter actually looked pretty good like the vehicles! It fitted in a lot better though the robot thing looked a bit out of place! :)

When done well i think it really adds to the visual expereience!

I would never want fully CGI though as it would completely ruin anime i like the way they are using it at the moment!

Saw the Soul Eater OP and ED today *drools*

I doubt any one will sub until after the uncut versions air, which means another few days of waiting, darn.

I just watched them myself! Looks good :D

Anyway to continue my viewing of each first episode this season today i watched To LOVE ru which isn't as Ecchi as the opening suggests.

But i'm not easily put off by that anway unless it gets ridiculous but even then it makes me laugh! :grin:

So it's pretty much your typical strange alien girl meets boy harem comedy affair but i still found it funny as i haven't actually watched many of these shows to notice all the cliche's it is most likely to be filled with :)

Some thoughts on the pilots I've watched so far:

Bus Gamer. The main characters are huge cliche's but the concept has potential. The series will hinge on how good the battles are.

Mnemosyne. Only watched this because of the unusal hour long format. Expected it to be a shitty series that relied on its big breasted main character. and it does, to an extent. Show surprised me with the animation quality in action scenes. It's very gruesome as well, theres a torture scene where a character gets pierced about 50 times all over her body, and then another scene where she pulls them all out. Lots of naked scenes and even little bits of sex. Only watch if you're comfortable with that. The show kind of throws you in there, it has quite a few similar traits to Darker Than Black, but don't expect DTB either.

Next up:

Kure-nai: Don't know anything, not expecting much.

Itazura na Kiss: Sounds lame, will have to be very funny for me to keep watching

Shows so far I won't review at all:

ToLOVERU: Too fundamentally gay to even consider watching the pilot.

Rockman.EXE: just no.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!