Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest Stefkov

I kinda liked the Bount filler arc. It didn't seem like a filler until I saw it on here that it was a filler. It just seemed part of the story at first to me, just watching it there was no jump in it being the main story then filler.

I'm pretty sure Naruto was like that, can't remember though.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Haku is male, I am gay.

Frankly I'm amazed you're putting so much into this tiny, tiny part of the entire naruto story. I've had a fairly quick, yet I hope in-depth look at the argument, and there are multiple flaws in the claims for Haku to be a female.

But my main point is; seriously, what does it matter? Why, or even when is Naruto ever as deep or uncertain as this whole Haku debacle?

"In the June 2006 Shonen Jump magazine, Masashi Kishimoto states that Haku is a boy:

Haku is a boy. I you think he looks like a girl, you're not alone, because Naruto thought so, too. But he's a boy."

And why does it make everyone else complete idiots to think Haku is male?

To be be honest I think it's ultimately sad that anyone, including me, would spend and real time at all investing in such a debate as this.

Children, please. I like this thread, let's keep it civil.Yeah, there's plenty of people that think that. I'm not one of them. Ichigo vs. Kenpachi? Ichigo vs. Byakuya? Getsuga Tenshou? Ishida Uryuu vs. Kurotsuchi? Bankai? Hollow Ichigo? It's all good.

The Bount/filler arc on the other hand.........

See thats the bits that I don't like as much.

The start just seemed so fresh, the character design was awesome and there was an air of mystery.

Compare it Bleach now (manga) and it's just fight, power surge, fight again, another power surge, fight, somebody steps in and another power surge etc..

Not to say that it isn't good (well alright) but it just isn't as good.

So why does everyone love Naruto so much?
I just wrote up a list of reasons then realised I sounded like a suckup, so I'd just suggest you try watching the first 5 or 6 episodes and see what you think :) Just... avoid the English dubbed/censored versions :blank:

Guest Stefkov
Yeah Rezourceman don't watch the Dubs You will hate the show if you constantly have to here:

BELIEVE IT!!!

I have to listen to him say it on the Naruto game, that's as much as I can take. Please...don't type that again.

Isn't katakana's most common usage to spell foreign words?

Yeah, that's the main use. However, given names that don't have Kanji are often written in katakana, and lots of brand names use it. However, you get all sorts of other crazy things - sometimes foreigners speak in katakana to indicate an accent, and there's a bit at the end of the second higurashi arc where someone who has seemingly come back from the dead speaks all in katakana without quotation marks.

I have to listen to him say it on the Naruto game, that's as much as I can take. Please...don't type that again.
Belie...tte bayo!

Yeah man that sucks. They eventually phased it out of the English dub due to complaints. Which is nice to hear really :) people taking notice of the fans' opinions. They also kept the names 'rasengan' and 'chidori' rather than a translation, and gave Naruto the line, "that's my nindo, my ninja way!". Sure it's cheesy but hey. Apparently the team who translated the game didn't know that Beli...you-know-what... was unpopular, since they put it at the end of every fight :nono:.

Guest Stefkov

While I was reading the manga in my Graphics lesson it said 'Art of the Doppleganger'.

I was just sat there and thought...english is just..it sounds so horrible. Bold capitals 'Art of the doppleganger'. ugh.

Just to vent more, I hate how he says Hokage, and actually how they say all the names, it sounds horrible.

Frankly I'm amazed you're putting so much into this tiny, tiny part of the entire naruto story. I've had a fairly quick, yet I hope in-depth look at the argument, and there are multiple flaws in the claims for Haku to be a female.

But my main point is; seriously, what does it matter? Why, or even when is Naruto ever as deep or uncertain as this whole Haku debacle?

"In the June 2006 Shonen Jump magazine, Masashi Kishimoto states that Haku is a boy:

Haku is a boy. I you think he looks like a girl, you're not alone, because Naruto thought so, too. But he's a boy."

And why does it make everyone else complete idiots to think Haku is male?

To be be honest I think it's ultimately sad that anyone, including me, would spend and real time at all investing in such a debate as this.

I didn't spend anytime investigating. I spoke from memory alone. Show me this "interview". I demand proof.

Oh, and I'm not making that much of a big deal about it. I'm, debating it. So are you. So what? That's the purpose of this thread right? Debating Anime-concerned business, is it not?

I don't really care if he/she is or not a girl or a boy. I'm just saying, I believe it's a she we're looking at.

Are you implying you like to look at diarrhea? ;)

Well, I've never actually seen diarrhea as I've never had it, but it does seem pretty from the pics/videos I saw.

I didn't spend anytime investigating. I spoke from memory alone. Show me this "interview". I demand proof.

Oh, and I'm not making that much of a big deal about it. I'm, debating it. So are you. So what? That's the purpose of this thread right? Debating Anime-concerned business, is it not?

I don't really care if he/she is or not a girl or a boy. I'm just saying, I believe it's a she we're looking at.

I looked for the proof that I spoke of and it turns out the qoute is unconfirmed from the June edition of Shonen Jump magazine. Go figure :/

Re-read a couple of your posts on the matter and you do indeed say you don't think there is an answer, so on that we can agree - I guess I just see the parts of your post where you say "if haku's a boy then i'm gay", or "I don't blame those who think she is male, some people are just born stupid like that" as stupid things to say when you think the argument is meaningless.

You don't need to be provocative with insults when the discussion itself is riveting enough :P

I looked for the proof that I spoke of and it turns out the qoute is unconfirmed from the June edition of Shonen Jump magazine. Go figure :/

Re-read a couple of your posts on the matter and you do indeed say you don't think there is an answer, so on that we can agree - I guess I just see the parts of your post where you say "if haku's a boy then i'm gay", or "I don't blame those who think she is male, some people are just born stupid like that" as stupid things to say when you think the argument is meaningless.

You don't need to be provocative with insults when the discussion itself is riveting enough :P

Ah, the stupid and gay thing is because it's not what I believe. I tend to do that. :D

And insults rock. :yay:

Such a magnificent word that is. :yay: :yay:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=26092

In Anime-Related newz... Just watched that second Bleach filmwith the Memory Rosary. What's a rosary? I always wonder when watching bleach just how deep it's supposed to be, and whether I should begin to wonder about purgatory, and how fair it is to kill a blanc soul. And, of course, imagining I were a regular citizen watching Ichigo running past shouting to himself with his arms holding (quoting Shorty) an invisible backpack is always a gem of a though.

Now I've seen that I'll try and catch up with the series properly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!