Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaaand this is why long running series blatently suck.

I prefer 26-32 eps max. Unless it runs over 3-4 series. But i'd never watch something that is over 100 episodes.

Mai Otome raw ep 17 came out. 2 words.

FUCKING CRAZY

I'll download what I can't buy in the shops.

Ah; so being in the uk; that'll probably be a large amount then. I was only doing this as I was wondering if anyone was interested in a collectors thread; updating is with pics/info of your purchases, so people can see what new titles are out to buy and how they look(packaging wise and such).

Will anyone be getting Howls Moving Castle? I loved it. When it was in the cinema I went to see it twice. What I love is that you can watch it on two different levels. You can really think about the themes and characterisation, or you can simply sit back and enjoy the spectacle. I saw the English version, and it was another excellent dubbing job from Disney studios. Billy Crystal was surprisingly good as Calcifer. I bought another one of Dianne Wynne Jones novels after seeing it, but haven't got round to reading it yet. Must do that soon...

Aaaaaaand this is why long running series blatently suck.

I prefer 26-32 eps max. Unless it runs over 3-4 series. But i'd never watch something that is over 100 episodes.

Mai Otome raw ep 17 came out. 2 words.

FUCKING CRAZY

When does mai-otome get as good as hime (I'm only on ep 5)? I mean when character dev stops and drama sets in.

Will anyone be getting Howls Moving Castle? I loved it. When it was in the cinema I went to see it twice. What I love is that you can watch it on two different levels. You can really think about the themes and characterisation, or you can simply sit back and enjoy the spectacle. I saw the English version, and it was another excellent dubbing job from Disney studios. Billy Crystal was surprisingly good as Calcifer. I bought another one of Dianne Wynne Jones novels after seeing it, but haven't got round to reading it yet. Must do that soon...

It is an awsome film. I bought the Japanese DVD release and the Japanese voice acting is far better than the English dub. I do feel that it's one of Miyazaki's weaker films, the story can be awfully confusing the first time round, but it's still fantastic.

When does mai-otome get as good as hime (I'm only on ep 5)? I mean when character dev stops and drama sets in.

It took ages to get going, unlike HiME. Hmmm i'd say ep 12 or so, but there are moments early on in the series.

At the moment, Arika and Nina are both Meistar Otome. Basically the highest level, Mai will also definatly appear in the series as she is in the 2nd intro (the one i posted last week). We can expect HUGE fights between 3 groups of people: Otome's, Aswald and Shaltz (i can't spell that...)

i just finished watching Mai Hime and it was real good. The last 6 or 7 eps were the best and in my opinion lifted the series. It's one of the few series that makes you wonder what happens next nearly all of the time, and make u shout inside ur head like "what the fack u doin" lol

This series will lie just outside my favourites, i guess one reason bein cos i kept comparin the manga and anime (which follow the same storyline but are developed completely differently), i probably would have liked this series a whole lot more if i didnt think bout the manga while watching it.

edit: o yea is tate yuuichi and mai tokiha in mai otome or is it jus some of the girls? and if they r do they share a similar relationship as in mai hime?

Tate is called Sergay in the new series. Although, there is a story in Mai Otome which shows shadows of Tate and Mai holding hands... (its in a book of some sort.)

But no, Mai Otome is set in a totally different universe. But shares several qualities with Mai HiME. Alot of returning characters basically, thats what makes it so fun to watch because they change so much.

One anime that really surprised me was Patlabor. I bought Patlabor 1 & 2 on the basis that I was gettingsome nice stompy-robot action. What I wasn't expecting was the fantastic techno political thriller that the stompy robot action was just a small part of. Patlabor 2 especially is a particulary gripping and philsophical film about the morality of war set amongst a major crisis in Japanese politics as the country slowly spirals towards civil war. Excellent stuff.

Has anyone seen the movie Metropolis? The art style is the same as Astro Boy as its by the same Art director and it has the same themes about a robot with a human like personality. I am in love with this film, as everything from the animation to the music to the characters themselves as well as theme and plot are impecable. But what really amazed me was the ending sequence, its so sweet and sad at the same time, its absolutely unmissable and if anyone hasn't seen it yet, I urge you to ASAP. I'm sure you can get it for cheap at Play.com, you won't regret it.

legend of the overfiend

NOOOOOOOOOOO

DO NOT LISTEN!

Unless you wanna watch the stereotypical anime of the 90s with demon rape and all that then watch it otherwise dnt.

anyway you'll find lots of good recommendations throughout this thread, and most are released here

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!