Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Has anyone seen on Animanda the Devil May Cry promo?

I'm getting it now to check it out, its only a small file though, 17MB. Wonder what it is.

My favourite anime are Higurashi no naku koro ni, Welcome to the NHK, Mai-HiME and Honey & Clover. Hikaru no go is also quite good, but I doubt you'd be interested if you aren't obsessed with the game of go, because that's all it's about.

However, I think Mai-HiME would be good as a general introduction to anime, as it uses anime cliches well. Unless of course you want to see the greats first, in which case look at things like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist and the like.

To someone who hasn't watched much Anime in the past, what would be a good series to start with? I'm hearing good things about Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, and a few others. What would the NEurope faithful recommend?

Personally I can't stand Naruto and all that.

Azumanga Daioh is very, very good. It's critically acclaimed for a reason. It has almost no plot, it's about day to day life (with sudden bursts of insanity), it's strength lies in it's fantastic characters and their interactions.

Just watch the first 2 episodes on Youtube, you'll be hooked.

Personally I can't stand Naruto and all that.

Azumanga Daioh is very, very good. It's critically acclaimed for a reason. It has almost no plot, it's about day to day life (with sudden bursts of insanity), it's strength lies in it's fantastic characters and their interactions.

Just watch the first 2 episodes on Youtube, you'll be hooked.

I can't believe I forgot that. It's an awesome anime...

Providing you have a sense of humour. :wink:

Guest Stefkov

I got that file I mentioned before and its a preview of the Deil May Cry anime.

Not much apart from it saying there will be a Devil May Cry anime in the spring.

I can't believe I forgot that. It's an awesome anime...

Providing you have a sense of humour. :wink:

Still the best anime I’ve seen alongside Ichigo Mashimaro. Though I’ve yet to see the one you've recommended. I will this week though.

And if you're interested in reading a manga, Yotsuba is the best i've read.

So is there any anime or manga that's even remotely like Death Note?
Hmm, there's not many with that same brooding, intelligent style. You might like Monster, Spiral, Ergo Proxy, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell SAC? They're not all the same kinda thing but they're smart, brutal and well animated.

Lain watched! Ouch my head hurts. So confusing near the end. I kind of get the jist of it but a deeper look into it wouldn't hurt.

Showing my friend Samurai Champloo now. :D Gonna have to buy some more Anime DVDs soon I think. Interested in Getbackers and Azumanga Diaoh.

Berserk is brutal and fucked up. :D

Guest Jordan
Lain watched! Ouch my head hurts. So confusing near the end. I kind of get the jist of it but a deeper look into it wouldn't hurt.

Showing my friend Samurai Champloo now. :D Gonna have to buy some more Anime DVDs soon I think. Interested in Getbackers and Azumanga Diaoh.

Berserk is brutal and fucked up. :D

His friend is a girl :shock: :shock:

Coolio new Dragon Ball MMO coming out in 2008 from Bandia,looks good so far.Really hope this get's released outside of Japan.

Today, Bandai Visual announced that Akira Toriyama's popular manga and anime series "Dragon Ball" will become an online game called "Dragon Ball Online". Toriyama will oversee the project, while the Tokyo/Seoul-based company "NTL" will develop it. The game is scheduled for a release in 2008 in Japan, but a beta test in Korea will start this summer. Fees and payment schedules are undecided at this time.

The game itself is based in a world several hundred years after the events of Dragon Ball. This allows for both well-known characters and all-new characters to be introduced to gamers. Players can freely customize their hair, clothing and other facets of their character, group with other players and defeat powerful enemies and quests. Players can also challenge one another in combat.

Source.

Doooooooooo it.

I didn't like the first episode all that much, but from the second one onwards it's fantastic.

I took your advice and watched the first episode, my mother walked in halfway through whilst a 10 year old anime school girl was singing and cooking, I hope your going to explain it to her.

Yeah, I found it very weird the first time I watched it. What I hate about the dubbing in some anime is the heavy country folk American accents that don't really work for me. Doubt I'd watch volume 2 to tell the truth.

I took your advice and watched the first episode, my mother walked in halfway through whilst a 10 year old anime school girl was singing and cooking, I hope your going to explain it to her.

I watched the new years dreams episode with my friend's dad watching once.

He's never looked at me in the same way since.

daioh19qr0.gif

Tsukurimashou, tsukurimashou,

Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na.

Hai, dekimashita!

Translator please! So that we can explain it to your mother.:heh:

Are singing and cooking a taboo in your household? :heh:

My mom caught me watching Naruto on a part when sakura was crying and yelling a lot, and since she discovered hentai exists, I can't even imagine what she was thinking. Didn't help that she thinks I'm a pedophile (I AM NOT!).