NEurope

Well I decided to try some of the more unusual anime today and so I had a look at Gantz. Another Anime out of the Gonzo Studio pot and I found it actually quite entertaining. Nudity and crap aside the main character's constant analysis of the people around him is actually quite funny.

But right now I'd rather have Samurai champloo vol 4 than Gantz vol 2 but thats mainly because Champloo is full of more laughs.

Last episode next week, god DAMN it! :(

I'm enjoying it so much and its such a short show :'(, I really really hope theres a season 2. Hell there HAS to be, the ammount of people watching it has been staggering.

Well I decided to try some of the more unusual anime today and so I had a look at Gantz.

Now that's a weird one.

Well, since Melancholy of Suzumiya is almost over, and since i won't be watching anime untill my exams end, i think i'll watch'em in Chronological Order.

Then i'll watch School Rumble, Naruto, and Excel Saga or some other good one.

Now that's a weird one.

Well, since Melancholy of Suzumiya is almost over, and since i won't be watching anime untill my exams end, i think i'll watch'em in Chronological Order.

Then i'll watch School Rumble, Naruto, and Excel Saga or some other good one.

I got school rumble, granadier, fruits basket, chobits, samurai champloo and Mahou Sensei Negima to watch, as well as j-dramas such as gokusen and stand up!!.

once i get my 500gb hdd the anime will not stop coming. i had to stop for now because i almost filled up my current hdd.

[...]got school rumble, granadier, fruits basket[...]

Best reloading technique in any anime ever.

Best reloading technique in any anime ever.

You got that damn right, i have amv hell to thank for drawing me to that anime ;)

untitled25ml.gif

Revolver Ocelot could go have some lessons.

They should make another AMV Hell, they'r funny and usually have great musics. If they'r going to make another one i think i'll contribute with something (1 or 2 shorts).

(Psst... Have you watched AMV Hell 0?...:red: Now that's hell.)

HOW THE HELL DO YOU RELOAD USING YOUR BOOBS?!

That's a female exclusive feature, they can reload weapons with they'r boobs. I mean... that's captain obvious, EVERYONE knows that.

(I wonder what other special exclusive features they have. :indeed: )

HOW THE HELL DO YOU RELOAD USING YOUR BOOBS?!

It only ever works properly when a hundred perverted little fanboys are watching you.

(Psst... Have you watched AMV Hell 0?...:red: Now that's hell.)

Scatman?????

No seriously, AMV 0 is some real fucked up shit

It only ever works properly when a hundred perverted little fanboys are watching you.

Maybe you haven't been trying hard enough ;)

Maybe you haven't been trying hard enough ;)

Ive seen a girl fire a test tube out of her breasts, does that count?

Haven't watched much anime lately but I'm going to start watching Haruhi and Mai Hime (soon).

Also Honey and Clover 2 starts today, can't wait for it early next week but it's a shame it's only 13 episodes long.

Tell me about Mai Hime, i've been hearing good things about it recently. What's it about? What genre?

Tell me about Mai Hime, i've been hearing good things about it recently. What's it about? What genre?

Well it was once the 5th best anime according to animenfo.com, its now settled at around 15.

Its originally a school drama, but from the get go nothing is quite right with the characters as you'll discover.

Later into the story, the HiME's are pitted against each other and all hell breaks loose. Mai HiME is probably still my favourite anime i've ever seen and if anyone gets the opportunity to watch it they should.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya OP/ED & OST

0023ox.jpg

Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 DVD

Features (both Limited Edition and Normal Edition):

- Special Video Presentation: Suzumiya Haruhi = Hirano Aya's the-makings-of clip

- Advertisement spots / TV Commercials / No-Credit OP & ED

Limited Edition Features:

- Cover Jacket Illustration by Itou Noizi (original novel illustrator, original character designer)

- Special Digipac Case (2 Disks)

- Soundtrack & Radio Program "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu SOS-dan Radio Branch" Project Corner CD

- Commentary Sheet + Postcard

Normal Edition Features:

- Cover Jacket Illustration by Ikeda Akiko (anime character designer)

- Tall Case (1 Disk)

- Commentary Sheet

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu - Character Song Vol.1 - Suzumiya Haruhi

1. Parallel Days

2. SOS nara daijoubu

3. Hare Hare Yukai (Suzumiya Haruhi ver.)

4. Parallel Days (off vocal)

5. SOS nara daijoubu (off vocal)

6. Hare Hare Yukai (off vocal)

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu - Character Song Vol.2 - Nagato Yuki

1. Yuki, Muon, Madobe ni te

2. SELECT?

3. Hare Hare Yukai (Nagato Yuki ver.)

4. Yuki, Muon, Madobe ni te (off vocal)

5. SELECT? (off vocal)

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu - Character Song Vol.3 - Asahina Mikuru

1. Mitsukete Happy Life

2. Toki no Puzzle

3. Hare Hare Yukai (Asahina Mikuru ver.)

4. Mitsukete Happy Life (off vocal)

5. Toki no Puzzle (off vocal)

Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsumeawase - TV Anime "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" Insert Song Single

1. God knows...

2. Lost my music

3. Koi no Mikuru Densetsu

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu SOS Brigade's Radio Branch Extras CD Vol. 1

01. オープニング (Opening)

02. ハルヒ的座談会 (Haruhi Teki Zadankai=Haruhi-like Table Talk)

03. ぶらり不思議探索隊スペシャル (Burari Fushigi Tankentai Special=The Non-purpose Mysterious Expedition Team Special)

04. 平野綾のおもてなし (Hirano Aya no Omotenashi=Hirano Aya's Hospitality)

05. オリジナルジングルを作ろう (Original Jingle wo Tsukurou=Let's Make an Original Jingle)

06. 後藤邑子のおもてなし (Gotou Yuuko no Omotenashi=Gotou Yuuko's Hospitality)

07. 涼宮ハルヒの退屈しのぎスペシャル (Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu Shinogi Special=The Suzumiya Haruhi Time Killing Special)

08. 茅原実里のおもてなし (Chihara Minori no Omotenashi=Chihara Minori's Hospitality)

09. 朝比奈みくるの大予言 (Asahina Mikuru no Daiyogen=Asahina Mikuru's Grand Prophecy)

10. エンディング (Ending)

Well it was once the 5th best anime according to animenfo.com, its now settled at around 15.

That's because otakus don't have fav animes, whatever their watching at the moment is their favorite anime ever.

Just a few questions

Are otakus just obessed fanboys?

I've just finnished the Sasuke retrival arc episodes so does that mean that i'm already on the fillers?

And should i now watch the 2nd movie or watch it later?

With Evangelion and RahXephon so low on that list, I call bullshit on the entire thing.

Are otakus just obessed fanboys?

Depends on whether you want the American meaning or the Japanese one; the American meaning just means someone who likes anime a lot, the Japanese meaning means an anime geek, so is much more negative. However, some Japanese people use it as a badge of pride, just as some people here use "geek" as a badge of pride.

Anyway, the first mai-HiME DVD is out on Friday... apparently the dub is terrible; they've given Shizuru a Southern American accent. I'll buy it anyway, and watch the subs.

Depends on whether you want the American meaning or the Japanese one; the American meaning just means someone who likes anime a lot, the Japanese meaning means an anime geek, so is much more negative. However, some Japanese people use it as a badge of pride, just as some people here use "geek" as a badge of pride.

You said it all, it's a very ambiguous term.

With Evangelion and RahXephon so low on that list, I call bullshit on the entire thing.

No one should see those lists as a guidance because, this is not videogame ratings. As shino said, the most hardcore anime watchers's favourite anime is a lot of the times the most recent one they saw. So it's no surprise that the most recent animes are on the top of the lists and great past masterpieces keep getting lower and lower.

You said it all, it's a very ambiguous term.

No it's not. It means geek in both countries.