NEurope

NGE takes place in Tokyo Three, but you're probably right regarding the Americanisation. Purists will cry. I will just hope it doesn't suck.

UPS, my bad. Thks for the correction.

Why is there an unhappy smiley for this thread?

I was going to ask this!!! Why??

Strange, do you have any ideia why they don't read? Have you tried on multiple readers?

I acquired a copy of the Evangelion, but the discs wont read :(

God damn this bollocking shite DVD writer. Does the Lost one work?

Yeeah, it moaned a little but started.

I'll try on my Laptop later, that thing has a decent DVD drive.

The site where i get all my Naruto episodes server is down, and to annoy me more i've got the double episode 110-11 but 109 didn't download right. I'm getting really tempted to watch it but i was going to watch the jump festa specials but for some reason the 2004 one dosn't work either.

Woah, asking for links to Licensed material is baddd :p

http://No linking to licensed material on the boards please! :)

Right there, have fun.

Only 10 eps to go... oh please... make it the end of it...:bowdown:

Just recently got into Naruto, but I'm a n00b and watch them on Youtube.

Anyone know where I could get some dvds cheap?

Just recently got into Naruto, but I'm a n00b and watch them on Youtube.

Anyone know where I could get some dvds cheap?

Naruto is just being brought to the UK and i think Manga Enterainment will have it out by the end of August Anime -On Line

Thats the uncut version, Amazon will probably get it aswell.

Play.com has it for 17.99, suppose I'll just wait for that to come out. Even though I've seen the 13 episodes.

Play.com has it for 17.99, suppose I'll just wait for that to come out. Even though I've seen the 13 episodes.

I'm supposing they have the subbed option. Japanese + english subtitles.

The dvd has the first 13 episodes in both Japanese and English. But according to play the only subtitles are English.

Blackfox I love the way you edit people's posts to remove discussion of licensed anime while blatantly admitting someone made you a copy of Ev-- *whistles* nevermind ;)

Blackfox I love the way you edit people's posts to remove discussion of licensed anime while blatantly admitting someone made you a copy of Ev-- *whistles* nevermind ;)

Haha, the irony is quite apt. However, the methods in my illegalities weren't mentioned ;)

Haha, the irony is quite apt. However, the methods in my illegalities weren't mentioned ;)

Oh no you'd have to be extremely clever to figure it out.

Oh no you'd have to be extremely clever to figure it out.

Gah, what i meant is that we didn't exactly tell people where to get it from and how to burn the dics..

Piracy is bad kids!

Gah, what i meant is that we didn't exactly tell people where to get it from and how to burn the dics..

Piracy is bad kids!

you got it from the internet and burnt it using a dvd/cd rewriter

bannage for me i bet

Haha, the irony is quite apt. However, the methods in my illegalities weren't mentioned

Err Err Err, that's a no-no... I just linked him to Dattebayo's website, wich contains various types of information, i never told him to download licensed anime, nor i ever will.:bouncy: What i did is not ilegal. How dare you insult me like that!!?? I will NEVA download or see or burn licensed material... that's just... i mean... how could i possibly be that low??:D

Dante, please! Use spoiler tags! >_>

I'd rather wait till tomorrow night to find out. Besides theres only 2 episodes left this season (god hope theres another one next year, based on book 2).

Little Haruhi in the new episode of Suzumiya Haruhi. :cool:

Suzumiya%20Haruhi%20-%2013%20-%20Large%2009.jpg

Seems you got owned for hotlinking the picture.:p

Dante, please! Use spoiler tags! >_>

I'd rather wait till tomorrow night to find out. Besides theres only 2 episodes left this season (god hope theres another one next year, based on book 2).

Sorry Jordan

Gah, i had to click it :(

She looks cute by the way.

Gah, i had to click it :(

She looks cute by the way.

yeah. ;)

[spoiler=TMoSH 12-13ep gifs :bouncy: ]

haruhienoza19kx.gif

haruhi0kc.gif

copyofsing7yn.gif

yukiguitarsmall1od.gif

haruhiestyv1116sb.gif

haruhichildv21on.png

haruhiswingv127lu.gif

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in USA magazine. :D

1151295345787.jpg

Edit: Episode 13 sub is out but next week episode is the last one aka Ep6. :cry:

Edit2:

Order by airdate

Asahina Mikuru's Adventure Episode 00

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi I

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi II

The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi III

Remote Island Syndrome (Part I)

Mystérique Sign

Remote Island Syndrome (Part II)

Someday in the Rain

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi IV

The Day of Sagittarius

Live Alive

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi V

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi VI

Chronological Order

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi II

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi VI

Mystérique Sign

Remote Island Syndrome (Part I)

Remote Island Syndrome (Part II)

Live Alive

The Day of Sagittarius

Someday in the Rain

Yuki does the announcement for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu I on next episode preview

Kyon asks Yuki what she is reading. She shows her book to him - it is Hyperion by Dan Simmons.

Haruhi holds up issues of Comptiq (with Shuffle! on the cover) and Comp Ace (with cover illustration by Navel, the original makers of Shuffle!) to illustrate the necessity of moé in the SOS Brigade.

In this episode, Kyon is seen reading volume 2, I-My-Me of Let's Leave the School (学校を出よう Gakkō wo Deyō), another light novel series by Nagaru Tanigawa.

During the battle, Ryōko asks Yuki, "You love Kyon-kun, don't you? I know you have realized it," in sped up and reversed "incantation" Japanese.

During the preview, Haruhi and Kyon shout "Suzumiya Haruhi, Ready GO!" This is reference to the anime Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

The opening theme isn't aired in this episode. The full credits are instead shown in the preface before the cut theme song.

The taxi driver shown in the cab is Arakawa from Remote Island Syndrome.

The background music that plays when Kyon takes over as pitcher is a rearrangement of the opening theme to the Touch TV series, a famous baseball anime/manga created by Mitsuru Adachi.

At 17:45 Yuki can be seen with glasses, and Kyon can be seen on his knees in a mysterious room with a unknown girl in the front. This is probably a reference to episode 10 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV), where Yuki fights Ryōko.

Mystérique Sign

In this episode, the computer club president's room has posters of Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto - the voice actors of the female leads.

A copy of Densho Otoko (parody of Densha Otoko) is also found on his bookshelf.

Itsuki's attacks, "Fumoffu" and "Second Raid", are the titles of Full Metal Panic! side-story and sequel - Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid - they are also animated by Kyoto Animation. Also, when the giant bug attacks Yuki, she protects herself with a defensive barrier identical to the one generated by the "Lambda Driver" from Full Metal Panic!.

When the Cave Cricket is healed during the battle, it follows Mushiking HP-recovery sequence.

At the end of this episode, the preview for Episode 8 mimicks the episode titles from the anime Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. See comparison at right.

When Haruhi Suzumiya asks the computer club president's girlfriend where his family are, she asks, "Would they happen to be in Canada?," which would be a reference to the "mysterious disappearence" of Ryōko Asakura to Canada in episode 10. No one seems to react to the question.

Remote Island Syndrome

In this episode (as well as in the flashback in Remote Island Syndrome (Part II)) Yuki is reading the japanese translation of the detective story The woman in the wardrobe by Peter Antony (pen name of the brothers Peter and Anthony Shaffer), published 1951 by Evans. The Japanese translation was published 1996 by Tōkyō Sōgensha.

In the sequence where Haruhi is explaining the truth behind the events at the villa, her, Itsuki's and Mikuru's poses are imitations of those used by Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth and Mia Fey respectively in the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS (the series is known in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban). The original air date of this episode, May 22, also coincides with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday.

The "unknown" perpetrator of the crime was shown on screen as a black figure so that his identity is hidden. This follows the style of Detective Conan.

Furthermore, when Haruhi strikes her final pose at the end of her Phoenix-Wright-style deduction, the last few notes of the music are reminiscent of the Detective Conan main theme (However, some fans argue it's a take on the "Cornered" music of the Phoenix Wright games).

Live Alive

The title of this episode may be a tribute to the Squaresoft game Live A Live.

A guy from the Computer Society is in the audience when showing "Mikuru Asahina's Adventure, Episode 00".

Two Japanese TV personalities show up at 2:29, One is Hard Gay the other is Akihiro Miwa.

The Third Reich Coffee House (純喫茶 第三帝国, Junkissa Daisanteikoku?) nameboard seen in corridor is a reference to Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer.

The play Koizumi is acting in is Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead.

The conductor of wind orchestra is a look-alike for Joe Hisaishi.

The band that plays before ENOZ is a cover band of DMC from "First-ever Deathmetal Comedy Manga" Detroit Metal City by Kiminori Wakasugi. (Manga review; in Japanese)

The band name ENOZ is a possible reference to the once popular all-female band ZONE, which is ENOZ in reverse. Interestingly, ZONE also consisted of two guitarists, one bass & one drummer. Also, it mirrors the fact that ZONE disbanded after a majority of their members were about to graduate from High School.

The original band members have names that are similar to their real life counterparts; Takako, Mai, Miyuki and Mizuki for the ENOZ, Takayo, Maiko, Miyu and Mizuho for ZONE, and are also playing their counterpart's instrument; Mai(Maiko) - bass, Mizuki(Mizuho) - drums, Miyuki(Miyu) - lead vocal. In all, this would be more of an homage to ZONE.

Kyon's last line in the episode "Aren't you just combining bands and idols?!" is another reference to the band ZONE who are in the genre bandol (band + idol).

Instruments used by ENOZ

Haruhi: Italia Mondial Classic 2Tone Sunburst

Yuki: Gibson SG Special Classic White (Limited Color)

Mai: Lakland Bob Glaub Signature Teal Green

Mizuki: Pearl Drum Set

Haruhi's Mondial Classic is the guitar which became famous after being featured in J–rock movie リンダリンダリンダ (Linda Linda Linda).

In the background of the happenings of the episode are hints of the events which led up to Haruhi's performance. At 03:30 you can see the tussle between the band members and Student Council plus a blurry bunny girl. At 04:25 the healthy members of the band run past with guitar cases. At 07:02 a bunnygirl and witch run past with guitar cases.

The Day of Sagittarius

The script of this episode was done by the novelist Shouji Gatou, author of the Full Metal Panic! series.

Yuki's alternative program code for the computer game is written in C. And compiled with the Borland C compiler for 32-bit systems. She ends the last file with ^C (ESC-code for abort) instead of ^Z (ESC-code for end of file), which implies that she changed her mind on alternating the current section of code in the game. The source code shown in this scene can be seen here. This program can actually intervene in running processes if it's completed.

During the episode, Haruhi calls out, "Send out the Gundam!" with the word "Gundam" censored out. The video showing the Gundam (from Mobile Suit Gundam, though the depicted scene appears to be redrawn) has also been blurred.

In the introduction to the episode 12, a reference is made to the anime series Macross 7. Haruhi says "Listen to my song!", followed by Kyon replying "Bomber!", a direct reference to the character Nekki Basara.

The music in the computer game and the PCM emulator sounds playing in the room from 12:52 to 16:25 is Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 Allegretto. The music from 17:22 until the climax at 20:05 is Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4, Movement No. 4 Allegro con fuoco.

The character on the Day of Sagittarius III game cover is captain Okita of the Yamato from Space Battleship Yamato, or Starblazers. The computer club president's alter-ego's blue skin is also a reference to the main enemy of Yamato, Lord Desler.

Day of Sagittarius may be a reference to the 4x space game Master of Orion.

Other notable items and references in episode 11.

Someday in the Rain

The background voices during the "mystery show" scene is a parody of Detective Conan.

The collectible card game that Kyon and Itsuki play in this episode is Dragon All Stars (ドラゴン☆オールスターズ).

At 12:53, the overheard line is from Air by Kunisaki Yukito.

From 13:02 to 13:15, the phrases overheard are puns on various Ace Magazine names.

The last shot of Haruhi, before the credit titles, is the same as the cover from the 6th novel in the Suzumiya Haruhi series, The Agitation of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒの動揺, Suzumiya Haruhi no dōyō?), but in mirror. [1] The novel in the series is about the making of the film Mikuru Asahina's Adventure Episode 00.