NEurope

Yeah :blank: I had heard that all anime stuff is surprisingly expensive in Japan. Without anyone telling me, I would've assumed it was quite reasonable.

I think manga is dirt cheap to make up for it... something like £1 per volume. (in Japanese, of course)

I think manga is dirt cheap to make up for it... something like £1 per volume. (in Japanese, of course)

Wow, that is cheap if only i could speak Japanese.....

Wow, that is cheap if only i could speak Japanese.....

If only I could read it...

Hell understanding and reading would be good.

If only I could read it...

Hell understanding and reading would be good.

If only i was Japanese and living in Japan.

If only i was Japanese and living in Japan.

One can dream.....one can dream.

Bleach is gettings stale and the fights are weak, the animators don't know what to do with those bankais.

Yeah i'm on agreement with you there.

I'd like to see Ichigo's bankai evolving more, now that he has his hollow powers under control.

If only people didn't turn wapanese when they start watching anime.

If only people didn't turn wapanese when they start watching anime.

Is that meant to be a take on the word 'Wigger' but changed the part you obviously can figure out to japanese people?

I've wanted to go to Japan since I was put off by China being so overpopulated and I just didn't like their stuff anymore. Plus Japan make aweosme electronic gadgets I want.

(sorry if I offended, only meant for a joke)

Is that meant to be a take on the word 'Wigger' but changed the part you obviously can figure out to japanese people?

I've wanted to go to Japan since I was put off by China being so overpopulated and I just didn't like their stuff anymore. Plus Japan make aweosme electronic gadgets I want.

(sorry if I offended, only meant for a joke)

I had no idea what a wigger was, nice word! Over here we call them Bolicaos, its a snack that's basically white bread with chocolate filling.

The word I was originally going to use was weaboo, but I was afraid not many people would know it, and wapanese seems to be used in this board, so...

I consider myself as a xenophile, so I can understand a fascination with the culture, the girls, the society, etc... But stuff like "I wish I was Japanese" in an anime thread, makes me angry.

It's a fad, and life in Japan isn't like what they show in animes, they have the same problems as we do, and if you're shit here you'll be shit there.

I know what you're saying. These stories of Japanese men kidnapping and raping some woman.

Same this happens over there as what happend over here.

I just want to visit the country and see their culture. If I go I won't expect any craziness like anime unless I were to go into the Studio Ghibli...studios...

Lol wigger, there's one guy I kinda know who is one, annoys the hell out of me.

if you're shit here you'll be shit there.

What if i'm not shit here? Will i be shit there?

If I go I won't expect any craziness like anime unless I were to go into the Studio Ghibli...studios...

If you go to Akihabara or somewhere similar you'll probably see some of those craziness.

(i'm just taking a blind shot here, don't trust me)

What if i'm not shit here? Will i be shit there?

You'll be shit anywhere you go.

I had no idea what a wigger was, nice word! Over here we call them Bolicaos, its a snack that's basically white bread with chocolate filling.

The word I was originally going to use was weaboo, but I was afraid not many people would know it, and wapanese seems to be used in this board, so...

I consider myself as a xenophile, so I can understand a fascination with the culture, the girls, the society, etc... But stuff like "I wish I was Japanese" in an anime thread, makes me angry.

It's a fad, and life in Japan isn't like what they show in animes, they have the same problems as we do, and if you're shit here you'll be shit there.

Wapanese did indeed derive from wigger, and weaboo derived from wapanese, thanks to some slightly random 4chan word filter relating to a perry bible fellowship cartoon.

But I can see where you're coming from Shino... I have always been interested in Japan, but don't have any dellusions of its grandeur. In fact, I was interested in it before it was cool, and now it is cool, I get tarred with the same brush as everyone else. So yeah, pointless weeaboo-ness annoys me.

Seriously though, Kira is real right?

lol, internet. Bolicaos ao poder.

Definitely a fad, couldn't agree more. Although you gotta love their culture.

Says the guy with a Japanese nickname lol

But yeah I agree with you, I mean, I love the Japanese culture and I really wanna go there, but I don't take things that far.

I would like to visit Japan,be able to speak and write it,but not actually be Japanese.Mainly cause I want to be good at a second language and since I watch anime and want to import games,why not Japanese?

I know what you all mean. Eveytime someone posts a ^_^ face, says 'kawaii' or uses any Japanese phrase in day-to-day conversation and shit like that I hold my head in my arms.

Really? It doesn't bother me at all :) The Japanese use a hell of a lot of English terms after all, does that mean they want to be American or British? Of course not. I love the Japanese culture, and as a languages student I like the language itself :) Their use of short syllables and separated vowel sounds is awesome, I love to just randomly say the words because they sound cool.

I have no shame or qualms about loving anime and wanting to check out Japan and their lifestyle. I wouldn't say I wanted to be Japanese, but if someone did, I wouldn't think badly of them! People are entitled to love what they love, why look down on them for it? They're not expecting you to go along with it or anything.

It's not people that like anime or are interested in Japan. I both love a lot of anime and i'm mildly interested in the country. But you know those cultureless white kids who act 'gangsta' and have to say some silly phrase every few minuites? It's the exact same thing with cultureless white kids who act Japanese imo.

It's not liking Japan that annoys me, it's the huge number of people who have a warped perception of the place, thus making everyone think people who like Japan are idiots.

The smilies can be cool though... ^_^ (I don't know why I like it, it just looks so happy)

The other day when i said i wish i was Japanese, I was taking my wants too far ( i wouldn't really want to be Japanese) .

I would love to visit Japan though because i do love the culture and definately do not have a warped perception of it. I'm aware that it has exactly the same problems as the rest of the world and that going to japan is not walking into a giant anime show. :D

going to japan is not walking into a giant anime show.

You have just shattered my dreams.

:wink:

Seriously though, which anime shows would you all want to be a character in? I'm thinking Azumanga Daioh...