NEurope

If you want a real spoiLer I could always throw a few things your way. See what I did? It means nothing, but... well, maybe nothing. Who knows?

Spoiler wary people can save themselves a shock by simply reading the manga. I mean, it's like Lord of the Rings spoiler freaks really, seeing as the books had been out for years before the films. In a way spoilers make me anticipate something more with than without, it's weird eh?

Some people prefer watching the anime, and like the element of surprise at certain plot twists.

Some people prefer watching the anime, and like the element of surprise at certain plot twists.

I have to say, the anime is boring if you've read the manga.

But then if you've watched the anime, the manga is boring...

Hiya, I`m thinking about a new anime series to watch. I`ve seen Azumanga, Wolf's Rain, and Fruits Basket recently and I love them all!

Maybe something a bit different this time, but nothing like naruto or one piece I can`t stand pure action anime, it`s soooo boring!

Suggestions?

Maybe something a bit different this time, but nothing like naruto or one piece I can`t stand pure action anime, it`s soooo boring!
Hmph. I wouldn't say either of those were "pure action". OK, Naruto's fight scenes are almost all fanservice but its a very story driven anime. And as for One Piece... it's half comedy! It's one of the funniest things I've ever watched and I definitely wouldn't call it pure action.

But if you can stand a bit of action you might like Full Metal Panic!, it's a blend of action and romance/comedy. There's also Fumoffu which retells the first season concentrating on the fluffy humour side.

Otherwise how about Death Note? It's not action, it's definitely something different to what you've been checking out so far - and it's excellent.

Edit: Also check out Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mai HiME... these are just a few that I can think are a long way from what you've been watching.

Yeah maybe I`m being a bit harsh on them but the stories and characters don`t really do anything for me so I`ve only watched a few episodes :p

I`ve heard good things about Death note, might give that one a go next :)

Animanda have released episode 17 of Death Note, I'm getting it now as I curious as to what happens.

I highly recommend Higurashi, Welcome to the NHK, and Mai HiME.

And if you want a series that is good with no action whatsover, try Honey and Clover.

Animanda have released episode 17 of Death Note, I'm getting it now as I curious as to what happens.

Woah... they are slow... but they do a good job.

I have to say, the anime is boring if you've read the manga.

But then if you've watched the anime, the manga is boring...

Because you already know the story... but I like to watch them in motion, with sound and in colour etc.

Because you already know the story... but I like to watch them in motion, with sound and in colour etc.

Yeah, exactly my thoughs, but sometimes the manga are different so I end up reading both. Or I read with like a year of difference, so I remember the story better. But I tend to prefer anime to manga. Death Note I already read before knowing there was going to be an anime though.

If I'm a really big fan of a series (read: for Higurashi) I read the manga after watching the anime even if it is exactly the same, to squeeze as much enjoyment out of the series as possible.

If I'm a really big fan of a series (read: for Higurashi) I read the manga after watching the anime even if it is exactly the same, to squeeze as much enjoyment out of the series as possible.

I did the same with naruto (except I only read up to where the anime got to).

Woah... they are slow... but they do a good job.

They are pretty good. I left my pc on while I went out so I have something to watch while I finish getting the next episode of Heroes.

Just watched the Episode 15 of DeathNote (Yea bit behind)

Was an amazing ep.

Poor Misa,must watch episode 16 now,looks like another good one.

Just watched the Episode 15 of DeathNote (Yea bit behind)

Was an amazing ep.

Poor Misa,must watch episode 16 now,looks like another good one.

It serves her right for killing innocent people :heh:

It serves her right for killing innocent people
:heh:

Thats true.

It totally threw me though, I never expected her to come into a Death Note. I remmeber Rem said he was gonna go down the the human world but I forgot about that. I was thinking how is he killing those people. I only realised after L had said it.

Cant wait to watch episode 17. I wonder how many episodes it will go on for. I was wondering what point is there in the rest of it now he's gotten rid of it?

I already have the 17th ep,do you mean the 18th?

Was it not to last for 37 eps or something?

I already have the 17th ep,do you mean the 18th?

Was it not to last for 37 eps or something?

Not that you heathen! The other super mega ultra hyper awesome one....