NEurope

I'm quite tempted by Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I need a few more views on the series, no spoilers please.

Its quite a long series, and the last few episodes are total mind fucks but over all the animation is really well done and the story is quite well contained, but its not as well explored as the manga, due to money and time constraints.

Its quite a long series, and the last few episodes are total mind fucks but over all the animation is really well done and the story is quite well contained, but its not as well explored as the manga, due to money and time constraints.

The manga is telling a better story, in my opinion. I guess that's to be expected when Yoshiyuki Sadamoto has the original animation to work from. He can simply bend the story any way he wants. Most of his changes have been for the better.

19 eps in to Mai Otome.

Mai HiME >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Otome.

Simple as.

I completely agree with you, but otome is still a pretty good anime (thats how good Hime is...). Although the ep 19 was crap, I reckon the show's story is getting a bit more interesting, and mai's appearance should improve it as well, as long as she isn't just at the very end.

Plus, it's great getting to see all the old characters of HiME reincarnated.

Ep 19 was a "calm before the storm" episode so to speak. Some serious shit is gunna go down in the next few and final episodes. I can see Mai coming in on ep 20 to get Arika and Mashiro out of their current 'situation'.

I'm up to Ep 17 with SS good episode.

When Ers chan died yea it was sad but not as much as when Maes Hughes died in FMA. Probably cos they didn't quite set the whole feel of the series or episode for something as dramatic as that, neither the character interaction/development was that great to care about a character like her much. But Episode 17 was overall very good much better than most of the previous episodes.

And Arika looks cool when she materializes :D

Sorry for the editing :p got to go eat.

I'm up to Ep 17 with SS good episode.

When Ers chan died yea it was sad but not as much as when Maes Hughes died in FMA

Theres much worse to come...

This series unlike the first one, is much much more than a conflict of love interest. It it has the capability of becoming an all out war against nations and the fight for the Otome's survival.

Watched the first two episodes of Full Metal Alchemist. Good stuff.

edit: I still don't know exactly how the Ghost in the Shell films are related to the series. Could someone shed from light on this for me please?

There's just too many series which are meant to be good, but I just don't have the time to watch them all :(

w00t My GITS/GITS Innocence double pack came today! Lovely, lovely!!

edit: I still don't know exactly how the Ghost in the Shell films are related to the series. Could someone shed from light on this for me please?

Just think of them as compating OOT to MM. Most of the same characters, but in a different universe, with different events and different happenings.

Oh this is hell on Earth.

Animesuki forums are down, Mai Otome ep 20 just aired in Japan and

apparently Mai WAS in it >_>

watching samurai champloo, not bad, not great. up to ep 13. the action is top notch but the characters and story line are a a bit underdeveloped but the show shows pertencial- spelling.

Mai hime was great indeed in everyway and i mean that, but otome is not my taste don't know why though. watched up to ep 5 and stop. does it get better from there or just the same old stuff.

watching samurai champloo, not bad, not great. up to ep 13. the action is top notch but the characters and story line are a a bit underdeveloped but the show shows pertencial- spelling.

Whic route you going; R1 or R2? I'm sticking with the UK releases for this one.

Not that much really happend in ep 20 of Mai Otome HOWEVER.

Mikoto is back next episode ;)

Not that much really happend in ep 20 of Mai Otome HOWEVER.

Mikoto is back next episode ;)

So is mai back or not? And I assume you mean the real Mikoto. :-p

Watched the first two episodes of Full Metal Alchemist. Good stuff.

I havent watched any GITS myself but i read in NEO mag i think, that the films are unrelated to the series.

So is mai back or not? And I assume you mean the real Mikoto. :-p

Yes, the real Mikoto... shes gunna kick Nina's ass.

You know how Arika and Mashiro have already been to the shrine in a previous episode. Well Nina has now been there too, meaning all 3 song holders are there. Mikoto will come and test them (or in this case her).

And no, no Mai yet ¬___¬

Yes, the real Mikoto... shes gunna kick Nina's ass.

You know how Arika and Mashiro have already been to the shrine in a previous episode. Well Nina has now been there too, meaning all 3 song holders are there. Mikoto will come and test them (or in this case her).

And no, no Mai yet ¬___¬

Bah about mai... Anyway, isn't the next episode just arika and mashiro in the "Jabbal" thingy- I'd have thought it would be a filler if it weren't for the fact that the title is "don't call me ni-na".

Wached ep 17 of Mai Otome and I have to say I really enjoyed it... Infact this series has been really good in general always leaves me wanting to watch the next episode. XD

Just wondering, is there anyway to pay on the US amazon website using a solo card? >.< I just got to the payment page and ermmm I can't see anything. ; ;

Wached ep 17 of Mai Otome and I have to say I really enjoyed it... Infact this series has been really good in general always leaves me wanting to watch the next episode. XD

Have you seen HiME, and if so, which do you prefer?

If not, watch it now!

Of course I have... I wouldn't be watching Otome if I hadn't. =P

I think Hime was probably better, but, Otome still has a chance depending on how it ends..... That's what really won me over with Hime. lol