Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The style? That's just... normal. It's just that it's quite an old series, well about 13 years old now. To be honest when you're used to things like dub Naruto on Youtube, mindfuck series' like Evangelion might not be your thing. But if you get to the end and then watch End of Evangelion (the movie with an alternate ending for the last two episodes), it's well worth it.

I thought he was talking about the style of characters in Lucky Star, which is odd, because they're fairly generic (albeit with good animation and sakuga quality), just as the style of Eva is fairly generic for old anime.

I was talking about Lucky Star. :blank:

I know about the Evangelion style. .hack//SIGN, which is one of my favourite animes, was drawn in the very same style so I believe. (Edit: Yep, both were drawn by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.)

And as for dub Naruto...*deep breath* (No turning back now)...it wasn't THAT bad. Just Naruto's voice really chafed, like sandpaper underpants! Every other character was okay.

But what do I know. Dub or sub, I hated Naruto the series.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love slow paced, slice of life anime, but Lucky Star was just taking the piss. Konata annoyed me oh so much. She wasn't a character, she was just a desperate attempt to get Otaku's to go nuts. She's a girl, but she also likes videogames! That's pretty much the extent of her character. Throw in some forgettable side characters and unfunny jokes that run on way too long and you have Lucky Star.

I've been watching Haré+Guu a lot lately and I've almost finished it. It's easily one of the best animes I've ever seen. Well worth watching for anyone looking for something new.

hungry.gif

I love slow paced, slice of life anime, but Lucky Star was just taking the piss. Konata annoyed me oh so much. She wasn't a character, she was just a desperate attempt to get Otaku's to go nuts. She's a girl, but she also likes videogames! That's pretty much the extent of her character. Throw in some forgettable side characters and unfunny jokes that run on way too long and you have Lucky Star.

I've been watching Haré+Guu a lot lately and I've almost finished it. It's easily one of the best animes I've ever seen. Well worth watching for anyone looking for something new.

hungry.gif

I liked Konota's Character! For some reason the show just clicked with me.

Maye I'm further down the Otaku ladder than I thought! :p

I'm looking for a new anime I shall give it a try! What is Haré+Guu about? :)

I'm far behind on my anime series now and have only kept up with Soul Eater which is great. :D

It's set in a peaceful Jungle village (That still has Nintendo's and TV's for some reason). It's about a mother and son, who adopt a really, really odd girl called Guu. There's a lot more to it than that, but I'd be spoiling some of the real odd and funny surprises. It's essentially slice of life with some elements of adventure. It's pretty damn funny.

1210036442779.gif

It's set in a peaceful Jungle village (That still has Nintendo's and TV's for some reason). It's about a mother and son, who adopt a really, really odd girl called Guu. There's a lot more to it than that, but I'd be spoiling some of the real odd and funny surprises. It's essentially slice of life with some elements of adventure. It's pretty damn funny.

1210036442779.gif

Sounds good! :grin:

Thanks for the heads up. : peace:

is Keichi being played by a girl? or just a really girlie looking man?

The latter.

I liked Azumanga Daioh. Will I like Lucky Star?

Slow paced stuff is fine with me. I remember watching a 5 minute sequence in Azumanga where they did nothing but run in the sunset and show off their random happiness. It was fine.

Short answer: maybe.

I've got a good, if slightly rage-inducing game. Type in the name of one of your favorite animes into Youtube, followed by 'Linkin Park' and just see how many shitty AMV's you can find. Obviously Naruto and Dragonball Z are going to have thousands, but it's funny to see how many other shows have awful AMV's about them.

Fucking Azumanga has five, but one is tongue in cheek. Lucky Star has quite a few and even Clannad has three. Man.

Planetes and Ichigo Mashimaro don't seem to have any though.

Typing one of your favorites into Deviantart's search tool produces a lot of crap too.

Edit- Oh Jesus I searched for 'ghibli linkin park' :shakehead

Edit2- Oh phew, there aren't any for Ookiku Furikabutte. My gayseball is safe.

I've got a good, if slightly rage-inducing game. Type in the name of one of your favorite animes into Youtube, followed by 'Linkin Park' and just see how many shitty AMV's you can find. Obviously Naruto and Dragonball Z are going to have thousands, but it's funny to see how many other shows have awful AMV's about them.

Fucking Azumanga has five, but one is tongue in cheek. Lucky Star has quite a few and even Clannad has three. Man.

Planetes and Ichigo Mashimaro don't seem to have any though.

Typing one of your favorites into Deviantart's search tool produces a lot of crap too.

Edit- Oh Jesus I searched for 'ghibli linkin park' :shakehead.

Edit2- Oh few, there aren't any for Ookiku Furikabutte. My gayseball is safe.

Dear god... Mushishi Linkin Park. How could they?! :(

It just strips it of it's entire meaning! :( It's criminal. I don't understand how someone can like Linkin Park and Mushishi. It doesn't make sense!!! Much like there were none for Planetes, there shouldn't be any for mushishi!!!

Anywho... looks like we won't be getting any Naruto or Bleach until DB get their way. Woo-hoo!

Dear lord... Monster Linkin Park

Ok... now it's just insulting... Beck Linkin Park???! Lain Linkin Park!!!!!!!!? Boogiepop Phantom Linkin Park?! Darker Than Black Linkin Park?? This is getting way beyond ridiculous.

At least there's no Nodame Cantabile ones (lol).

I feel thick. I've just finished Evangelion, and I really don't know what the fuck was going on in those last few episodes. It needs explaining to me in a rather patronising way! :wtf:

Busting out the spoiler tags..

WATCH END OF EVANGELION.

The ending of the actual series is shit

I feel thick. I've just finished Evangelion, and I really don't know what the fuck was going on in those last few episodes. It needs explaining to me in a rather patronising way! :wtf:

You just watched a Japanese anime. Get used to it.

Go watch the EoE and than come back with questions ( I assure you there will be even more).

Busting out the spoiler tags..

WATCH END OF EVANGELION.

The ending of the actual series is shit

Okay, then.

You just watched a Japanese anime. Get used to it.

What?! What the frig do you mean "Get used to it?". You've confused me more than the rules of American Football could ever do.

Go watch the EoE and than come back with questions (I assure you there will be even more).

Will there? :wtf:

You're dumb

I said "I feel thick.", I didn't need your Americanism thankyouvellymuch!

Alright, enough of that!

What shall I watch next? Lucky Star or Clannad?

Guest Stefkov
You've confused me more than the rules of American Football could ever do.

The rules aren't that hard to get your head around.

What's with this Bleach filler? Hope it doesn't go on for long.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!