N-Europe

I want to visit Japan too.:cry:

Can i go in your baggage?

I'm thinking of taking a English Language As, then the 3-4 week teaching course. So i can teach English to the japanese - It's what my aunt did and she loved it - but i want to take eng lit to open up jounalism possibilities. I'm only 14 so i shouldn't realy be thinking of this:p

Anywho, recently bought Karas after watching clips on manga.com e.t.c. Haven't actually watched it yet and was wondering if anyone else has?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of taking a English Language As, then the 3-4 week teaching course. So i can teach English to the japanese - It's what my aunt did and she loved it - but i want to take eng lit to open up jounalism possibilities. I'm only 14 so i shouldn't realy be thinking of this:p

Anywho, recently bought Karas after watching clips on manga.com e.t.c. Haven't actually watched it yet and was wondering if anyone else has?

If you are fluent in English, you don't really need to take it as an AS in order to help you teach it to others. If you do JET, you don't need any teaching qualifications either. (but you do need a bachelors degree :heh:)

I liked all the Ghibli films i have seen but my favourites are probably Spirited Away,Princess Mononoke and Castle In The Sky (Laputa). I havn't seen it but Grave of the Fireflies is supposed to be really good aswell.

Grave of the fireflies I would say is on par if not better than SA. Really great anime :)

If you are fluent in English, you don't really need to take it as an AS in order to help you teach it to others. If you do JET, you don't need any teaching qualifications either. (but you do need a bachelors degree :heh:)

My aunt just took a month teaching course after her AS then went to Japan. Is it the same nowadays?

Surely you need to be able to speak Japanese too? I've been learning it for 2 school terms, but I'm finding it very hard. I need to start doing work outside my lessons.

edit: And thanks Dark Cloud :D

Surely you need to be able to speak Japanese too? I've been learning it for 2 school terms, but I'm finding it very hard. I need to start doing work outside my lessons.

Yer im going to start this year, then when i go to Uni probably take lessons there. I'm told by my sister you can learn any/most languages you want at Uni, or maybe that's just Warwick.

Most people in Japan speak decent English, I think you'll be fine.

You've all read Megatokyo, right? That's EXACTLY what life in Japan is like. All except life in Japan moves along a little faster, no offence to Fred.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not. >.<;; Most people in Japan don't speak decent English though.... Just incase confusion is caused. o.o;; I'll report more on this when I get back on the 1st of October.^^d

Yes they do have english subs. Although they sometimes seem to refer to the characters by there last name too, couple of engrish throughout as well, but it's easily understandable. They are suppose to get better as well as they go throughout the series.

I'm just about to go watch episode 35!