NEurope
AshMat

Official Wii Boxart Thread

I'm liking that Need for Speed Box, but did you read the description for "Happy Feet"? Eck. Nobody under 7 should buy that game. And even then, they should have the intention of using it as a Frisbee. Looking at the box is probably more fun than actually playing the game. I hate movie tie-ins.

About the tony hawks one its official end of discussion.

The thing I think nintendo are trying to do are get back to the famicom(NES) and super famicom (SNES) type box art

Those Jeux-France boxshots are so good it's nasty. I'm loving the Need for Speed box.

The template seems to fit very well with most boxarts too :smile:

About the tony hawks one its official end of discussion.

The thing I think nintendo are trying to do are get back to the famicom(NES) and super famicom (SNES) type box art

Yesterday we posted a temporary boxart for Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam on the Wii. The reason why this boxart was so strange is because it had the Nintendo Wi-fi Connection logo on it. The boxart was found at EB Games/Gamestop, and just today it popped up on Best Buy as well. Instead of posting, I emailed the good people at Activision to find out what the situation is.

Those are pre-final images, and the final box will not have the wi-fi logo. Activision’s in the process of updating the retailers with finalized images.

There you have it, all taken care of. Seems like the art will see some revamping as well.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=5801

256px-Baseball_NES_box_art.jpg

:indeed:

I like that Wario Ware boxart.

Anyone anticipating this game? The only game I've played in the Wario Ware series was Wario Ware: Touched! and I didn't really like it. Probably cause of lack of multiplayer.

I'm still going to say why was that even on the boxart, because all nintendos games will be online so they don't bother putiing the logo on

Never trust reps, especially seen as there e-mail would probs go to the pr departement

I'm still going to say why was that even on the boxart, because all nintendos games will be online so they don't bother putiing the logo on

Eh....pardon? Where did you pull that from? That's absolute rubbish.

And I too am very much looking forward to WarioWare: Smooth Moves. The Gamecube game is fantastic fun with four people, lots of laughing and friendly competition.

Is Wario Ware a 7+ because they don't want lil kids with their fingers up their noses? :heh:

At least the Wii is starting off with some decent 'mature' boxarts so the console doesn't look THAT 'kiddy' at launch. Let's hope there's a steady flow of them.

Is Wario Ware a 7+ because they don't want lil kids with their fingers up their noses? :heh:

That is a very good point :heh:

I bet we wont even see Metal Slug over here. I really hope we do. It's a launch game in Yankland?

Yes Kurt R it also has a PSP version.

Metal Slug Anthology comes with Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2,Metal Slug X,Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5 & Metal Slug 6.

1up has up a piece looking at the good and bad of gaming boxart. They cover some history of the art form, why things tend to change when they move from East to West, and some notables among the boxes of the past twenty-five-odd years.

From the article:

"After the American console market crashed in the early '80s, it was up to Japanese companies like Sega and Nintendo to pick up the slack. However, the cover artwork for many Japanese publishers' early games seemed to be lost in translation. The first generation of Nintendo Entertainment System cartridges were little more than enlarged screenshots showing off the main characters in all their pixelated glory. Sega Master System games were even worse: a plain grid on a barren white background, complete with a single, low-quality image."

No europe boxarts. :(

Res Steel box art looks awesome. I love it! I Like the Zelda one also.

These boxes are all hot(except tony hawks)

would we all apologise to activision if it turns out to be better than zeldA?