NEurope
AshMat

Official Wii Boxart Thread

These boxes are all hot(except tony hawks)

would we all apologise to activision if it turns out to be better than zeldA?

I wouldn't worry about that.:laughing:

What is it with Nintendo Europe and this asymetrical bullshit? It's not like it is readable on the sides.. Utterly pointless.

The official PAL boxart for the Wii itself:

fac14bb8e9fc3d8a174fe6eeccf7af5c.jpg

Want, want, want.... Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!:yay:

Why do none of the xclusive games on the wii have 'only on' writtion on the box art. Like on excitetruck and red steel box art they don't have on that symbol.

Why do none of the xclusive games on the wii have 'only on' writtion on the box art. Like on excitetruck and red steel box art they don't have on that symbol.

Looks like XO is the only one one that uses "Only on/Only for" in next-gen. PS3 doesn´t care about them and neither does handhelds or Wii.

What is it with Nintendo Europe and this asymetrical bullshit? It's not like it is readable on the sides.. Utterly pointless.

Huh? Whats wrong with it.

This box looks nicer than the US one for some reason...

*Plays worlds smallest violen*

How is it utterly pointless,we finally get our box for the console.Who cares if it isn't readable on the sides,what are you hoping for,that there's gonna be a super secret message and there won't be anything we don't already know.Stop your moaning.

Not only do I prefer it not being there, but also you have to bare in mind that any game on the Wii isn't going to be on other consoles, in terms of exactly. Yes there'll be games like Need for Speed on all three, so it isn't an exclusive, but as it will play (and look) differently on Wii, it makes sense that nothing should need an 'only for' logo.

I asked the exact same thing a little while ago in another thread. I liked the only for symbol in the corner they usually include. It will just mean i'll have to monitor game releases on the rival consoles [particularly PS3] more carefully to make sure the game remains 100% exclusive for the duration of the Wiis life, otherwise no purchase or if I already purchase and its suddenly ported to another console [e.g. the Viewtiful Joe example I mentioned in another thread a while ago], i'll just sell it on ebay, NOT AN EXCLUSIVE, it has no place in my games collection. The only exception is if a game is ported from a Nintendo console, onto the Wii [i.E. GT Pro Series, thats a GC port isn't it?]

wii_gtproseries_b.gif

If thats the official boxart, it has better graphics than the actual game itself, although i'm sure they won't be too bad. The game probably looks heaps better in motion than it does in still images.

Not only do I prefer it not being there, but also you have to bare in mind that any game on the Wii isn't going to be on other consoles, in terms of exactly. Yes there'll be games like Need for Speed on all three, so it isn't an exclusive, but as it will play (and look) differently on Wii, it makes sense that nothing should need an 'only for' logo.

I thing the average person on the street will look at those 'only on' bits and say well the 360 is the only one to have them so I'll buy that

Love the Pangya boxart. Definitely getting that game, however the wiimot ein it just makes a bit iffy in my eyes.

Love the Pangya boxart. Definitely getting that game, however the wiimot ein it just makes a bit iffy in my eyes.

Tis weird, but looking at it from a different point of view, its cool to see something specific on it to show its been made for Wii... you know what I mean? Like when we saw the short demo thingy of Sonic holding the Wii-mote a while ago :awesome:

Tis weird, but looking at it from a different point of view, its cool to see something specific on it to show its been made for Wii... you know what I mean? Like when we saw the short demo thingy of Sonic holding the Wii-mote a while ago :awesome:

yeah thats true, i supose it is good, the new video for it is awesome. definitely agree with others in this is one of the best looking gameson the wii.