NEurope
AshMat

Official Wii Boxart Thread

I saw that Wii Sports boxart and thought, naaa that doesnt look real, it doesnt look Nintendo-y

Why are we still discussing the box art.. it's stupid.

It's like a few months before the Coldplay album got released they showed the bullshit artwork.

Everyone went apeshit "OMG OMG THAT'S THE ALBUM COVER" who gives a rat's ass? It's the game that matters.. the box goes on the shelf and it's sole purpose is to protect the disc.

Stop wanking over the boxes and get out more.

It's like a few months before the Coldplay album got released they showed the bullshit artwork.

Everyone went apeshit "OMG OMG THAT'S THE ALBUM COVER" who gives a rat's ass? It's the game that matters.. the box goes on the shelf and it's sole purpose is to protect the disc.

Why are you moaning about something you don't see the point in? If someone thinks its stupid to talk about subject, whats the point of going into a thread about it?

If you think we're wasting our time talking about art, then why are you talking about it. It is you who needs to get out more.

It's what I do. I hope I can get through to someone with the 20 seconds I spent typing the post when I was browsing the content filled posts that usually interest me in this forum.

Art? Don't make me laugh. It is a glorified advert.

Aim? To attract, inform and sell.

who gives a rat's ass? It's the game that matters..

If I had £1 for everytime I'd seen a comment like that in a boxart thread, I'd surely be a little wealthier than I am right now. :laughing:

Usually, very little effort is put into making a good boxart cover image. But there are a few rare exceptions. The European cover for ICO comes to mind.

As someone who works in a games store, seeing the box arts that I will one day see on shelves and be selling to people interests me.

It's what I do. I hope I can get through to someone with the 20 seconds I spent typing the post when I was browsing the content filled posts that usually interest me in this forum.

Art? Don't make me laugh. It is a glorified advert.

Aim? To attract, inform and sell.

Nintendork = Awesome

You are completely correct in this statement, and I respect the fact that you will not follow the majority and say what you think!

It IS the game inside that matters, but I will say that I would prefer a 'visually pleasing' boxart than a crappy one. It does have little impact on things though.

Nintendork, how are you enjoying life?

I imagine it could be quite the chore when you get worked up so much for things like that. There's nothing wrong with people checking out the boxes of their future games are pretty.

:D for launch people will look at the wii games and think ahhh its nintendo, child games. But then they see Red Steel, hey look its a 16 WITH SWORDS!!!

Yeh bitch thats right nintendo are going gangsta style and they are aiming at chavs now biatch!!!

Ignore me.

Pinball? Not heard of this thus far.

I doubt it could beat the feeling of a real machine. But who can afford one of them these days?

Pinball? Not heard of this thus far.

I was thinking that too :o Just popped up from nowhere.

WAHHHHHHH maybe its a secret game that will blow our minds up with enjoyment. Maybe it has been in development for ages! Maybe its gunna be the BEST game in history!!!

(maybe not)

why oh why did u post so?

i must admit ido like the Red Steel boxart, but i do kinda agree with Nintendork, in a less offensive way. You won't be lining your games up withthe covers facing you will ou? so theres not much wrong with any type of boxart. Who's moaning about the Mario Kart boxart now that its been out how long?

Promo shit,

9d4e24b87751bbdf47739e66c78679e2bu6.jpg

Thus safe to assume established press outfits will be getting their Wii press unit in a few weeks. Publishers like to ship the game early to increase anticipation.. speed reviews.

Lets hope their reviews are not swayed by the free oriental crap which looks like it was picked up in IKEA or something.

Promo shit,

9d4e24b87751bbdf47739e66c78679e2bu6.jpg

What are them long chalk like things?

Got to say I prefer the American boxart for red steel. I can honestly see this being the second best selling Wii launch game. I don't have to say after which game do I?