N-Europe

Official Wii Boxart Thread

AshMat

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we still discussing the box art.. it's stupid.

It's like a few months before the Coldplay album got released they showed the bullshit artwork.

Everyone went apeshit "OMG OMG THAT'S THE ALBUM COVER" who gives a rat's ass? It's the game that matters.. the box goes on the shelf and it's sole purpose is to protect the disc.

Stop wanking over the boxes and get out more.

It's like a few months before the Coldplay album got released they showed the bullshit artwork.

Everyone went apeshit "OMG OMG THAT'S THE ALBUM COVER" who gives a rat's ass? It's the game that matters.. the box goes on the shelf and it's sole purpose is to protect the disc.

Why are you moaning about something you don't see the point in? If someone thinks its stupid to talk about subject, whats the point of going into a thread about it?

If you think we're wasting our time talking about art, then why are you talking about it. It is you who needs to get out more.

It's what I do. I hope I can get through to someone with the 20 seconds I spent typing the post when I was browsing the content filled posts that usually interest me in this forum.

Art? Don't make me laugh. It is a glorified advert.

Aim? To attract, inform and sell.

who gives a rat's ass? It's the game that matters..

If I had £1 for everytime I'd seen a comment like that in a boxart thread, I'd surely be a little wealthier than I am right now. :laughing:

Usually, very little effort is put into making a good boxart cover image. But there are a few rare exceptions. The European cover for ICO comes to mind.

It's what I do. I hope I can get through to someone with the 20 seconds I spent typing the post when I was browsing the content filled posts that usually interest me in this forum.

Art? Don't make me laugh. It is a glorified advert.

Aim? To attract, inform and sell.

Nintendork = Awesome

You are completely correct in this statement, and I respect the fact that you will not follow the majority and say what you think!

It IS the game inside that matters, but I will say that I would prefer a 'visually pleasing' boxart than a crappy one. It does have little impact on things though.

Nintendork, how are you enjoying life?

I imagine it could be quite the chore when you get worked up so much for things like that. There's nothing wrong with people checking out the boxes of their future games are pretty.

why oh why did u post so?

Guest Stefkov

i must admit ido like the Red Steel boxart, but i do kinda agree with Nintendork, in a less offensive way. You won't be lining your games up withthe covers facing you will ou? so theres not much wrong with any type of boxart. Who's moaning about the Mario Kart boxart now that its been out how long?

Promo shit,

9d4e24b87751bbdf47739e66c78679e2bu6.jpg

Thus safe to assume established press outfits will be getting their Wii press unit in a few weeks. Publishers like to ship the game early to increase anticipation.. speed reviews.

Lets hope their reviews are not swayed by the free oriental crap which looks like it was picked up in IKEA or something.